main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Line Sign-up Question

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ewok_Vaseline, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    IS this what we did on the Yahoo! Groups mailing or is this something completely different?

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    This is the Yahoogroups list.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eggcellent... all signed up and revved to go... :D

4. Nova_Darklighter

Nova_Darklighter Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I keep trying to post a question to this page but for some reason it doesn't go up, Is the line 24 hours, 7 days, most of my available time is late night & early morning. Try 3, HELP!

5. chanjumar

chanjumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2001
    So am I understanding correctly that waiting on line only gets that lucky person 1 ticket? I thought the rules last year (unfortunately I was not there) were that each person on line was allowed to buy 12 tickets for the opening weekend?

Also does anyone know what day the tickets ACTUALLY GO ON SALE?

6. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Nova... There are overnight shifts.. but they dont start right away. E-mail (Asiafrog@aol.com) and i'll talk to you more about it...

As for the tickets.. im pretty sure you can get the maximum of 12...

7. chanjumar

Jan 5, 2001
    Jedi-Samantha: If you check out asax's post a few back, it read:

"Unfortunately one wouldn't be allowed 6 tickets, unless all six of you are signed up and do your time on the line..."

What do you make of this?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    chanjumar - that's what I was curious about. 'cause I got five other friends that would want to go but are unlikely to wait on line... so natch I was curious if I could do the time for them... <shrug>...

9. chanjumar

Jan 5, 2001
    I mean it kinda makes sense doesn't it? That we would be allowed to get the maximum number of tickets.

I understand only being guarunteed 1 ticket to the first show-- but won't there come a time when we are on line and the tickets actually go on sale-- and won't then there be a time, when we will actually go into the box office, and purchase tickets??

Confused, I am.

10. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Chanjumar I think you are right...
    Since we would already be on the line, we can probably buy tickets when they are on sale. Do you guys think that 350 people will get on the line? I was not in the last one, so does someone know how many people were lined up last time?

11. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Disturbing this puzzle is...

12. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I', so impatient... I can't wait until they post the scheduale.

Unless they posted it somewhere and I can't find it. lol

13. RickJediKnight

RickJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    You only recieve one ticket person.

In 1999, NY line members were first in line to get extra tickets. Each person was allowed to buy up to ten tickets for future showing and no more then 4 tickets per show. There must have been a couple of thousand people behind the NY Line members.

Alan(Mysterysith) and Amit(Asax) will most likely agree it was worth freezing are buns off to get the extra tickets!

Hope the info was helpful.
    -

14. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Ok. In order to be first in line to get extra tickets we must be on line on the day the tickets are sold to public. Since we would be first in line we would be able to get extra tickets. Yes or No?

But then you say "Each person was allowed to buy up to ten tickets for future showing..." so we can't buy extra tickets for the midnight show? Yes or No?

Know this sounds stupid but this is my brother's first Star Wars and I want him to really get a kick out of it.

15. RickJediKnight

RickJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    In 1999 you had to be at the line at 6am in order to be at the front of the line. However, the earlier you arrived determined your place in line.

And yes you can buy tix for first showing.

-

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    so confused.. lemme see if i get this right...

If we are on the line... we get 1 TICKET. BUT if we wait online for when tickets go onsale, we can buy additional tickets for the 12am showing in addtion to the one ticket we have?

soooo confused cause my dad and brother wanted to see the 12am showing with me

17. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    So let me summarize:
    To get your ticket you just get on line and do the required or more time.
    To get multiple tickets you have to be on line, on the day tickets are being sold, AT 6AM or earlier?
    Did I just about sum it up?

18. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    You can see the shift schedule here

You can only get one ticket through NYLine. If you line up ticket day and wait for tickets to go on sale, then you can get what you want. Being on the NYLine does not put you in front of the line for ticket sale day. You will have to wait on line with everyone else. That applies to ALL NYLine Members and Staff.

19. Darth-Swede

Darth-Swede Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2000
    So no chance of us getting that lovely special treatment regarding the other tickets this time around heh Alan? ;)

Ah well. Any word yet as to when the Ziegfeld will release the other tickets?

peace:

Viktor

20. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Ahhh it all makes sense now. So i DONT have to sleep overnight on the line....

coooool!!!

My mother will be happy. But i might have to stand on line and get a ticket for my dad and brother... grrrrr maybe i'll make them see it May 16th at night with me...

21. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    any chance that someone knows what time the zieg's box office opens? not that missing class will stop me from nabbing all the tickets i can afford, but my attendance has been less than stellar this whole semester and i don't wanna screw myself over toooooo badly. ;)

22. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I think in 1999 it was 3pm theres this video on NYline.org showing people getting the first tickets. Ask Mysterysith

23. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    In 1999 it was 3PM. No idea what day or time it will open this time. Yet.

24. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    heh... that's not so good. :[face_sigh]: here's hoping it's a monday, wednesday, or friday - somehow, i don't think my boss would be too keen on me missing work to get tix. :eek:

25. Original_Sith

Original_Sith Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Last time, the Zigfeld regarded the NYLine as first in line on both ticket day and opening day. Regardless of what time an NLline member showed up, they could jump in front of all the non-NYLine people. Now, the NYLine powers were somewaht divided on whether or not that was how it should be, but since the Zigfeld's postition was what it was, we benefitted.

I think it's foolish not to treat the NYLine as the ticket-buyers line. Because many of us are unable to stand in line the solid 2 or 3 days it would take to be first in the ticket buyers line, we will instead have friends hold our place in the ticket buyers line and trade off with them in shifts for those 2 or 3 days. Since that structure mirrors the NYLine and most of the people doing this would be NYLine members, why ought we create a second, duplicate line effort? Why not use the exisiting structure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.