main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    :eek: Oh no!!! Don't tell me you've become one of those Firefly fans Jule!! :p

I was speaking to an American at the last collectormania who represents a Star Trek artist, and Firefly fans drive him mad because they seem to think if they buy anything (and I mean anything) with firefly or Serenity slapped onit, it will be worth a fortune in the near future. Consequently Firefly fans seem to get a bad rep at shows now and have become the new people to avoid, lol.

I still haven't seen it but will give it a go one day. Jamie gives me an ear bashing everytime it's mentioned as he's a fan, and I think Ant has became "one of them" too ;)

2. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Oh Dear! :eek:
    I didn't know it's that bad :p

But I really enjoy watching the series on DVD. Even though it's a bit sad aswell because I know that there are only 19 episodes.
    The mix between Western and Sci-Fi is a great idea and I like the characters.

But no, even though I like it I don't think I'm "one of them"
    Or am I?!?! [face_worried] :p

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    frankly,firefly and serenity stand a good head and shoulders above most other sci-fi and fantasy themed shows,in my opinion...
    i have a couple of books on the show,and the comics... but i stop there.
    i most likely buy anything associated with star wars...
    firefly is a great show/concept.
    but,yeah... i agree totally with the acceptance that some firefly fans make a nuisance of themselves.
    but compared to stargate and star trek fans?
    it's a funny old thing,fandom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.