main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    why doesn?t Eowyn wear her helmet at the rohirrim camp when she?s talking to Merry before the battle of the pelennor fields? Everyone can see her!!!!!

Because she is suppose to be there. "It is costumary for the women to see off the men" When she is talking to Aragorn at Edoras, then /Aragorn sees her sword. She is allowed to that encampment and she talks to Theoden. So of course people can see her. She only needs disguise when riding to Minis Tirith.

Every movie has hickup's and bloopers and slight things that people can find in the movie. It happened with SW and no ammount of fantastic technology can stop things like that, just a lapse of concentration or PJ decided to leave the Nazgul get wasted instead. I can't remember if they combust after the ring is destroyed in the books, so can't really comment.

But things like the Aragorn leading them to the next battle. People who have read the book will know there's more. People who haven't... probably don't even notice stupid little things like that. The reason people believe he is king is not by looking in the palantir anyway, it's in the houses of the healing and he uses kings foil. But those scenes were cut (theatrical) for time. They are in the Extended (I believe) and so confirmation of him being king will be there.

I'm leaving now, so can't argue anymore.

2. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    Because she is suppose to be there. "It is costumary for the women to see off the men" When she is talking to Aragorn at Edoras, then /Aragorn sees her sword. She is allowed to that encampment and she talks to Theoden. So of course people can see her. She only needs disguise when riding to Minis Tirith.
    NOT THAT SCENE!!!
    the new scene in the ext. edition! ;) where they're already en route to gongor!!!! havent you seen the ext edition yet?

-Mel

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    yeah, that scene was a bit odd. All the other additions are brilliant though.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah i watched this scene and was a little confused. At first i thought what is she doing without her helmet on she's supposed to be in disguise. :confused:

However I was just skipping thru the DVD to only watch the new or extended scenes so i'm unsure if it was on the way to the camp at Dunharrow or on the way to Gondor. :confused: :confused:

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    No I havn't seen it. X-mas presents and other things like food kinda take priority and I'm poor.

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    No I havn't seen it. X-mas presents and other things like food kinda take priority and I'm poor

SFL cry me a river mate.

And I believe you misspelt the word alochol, it is a.l.c.o.h.o.l. not f.o.o.d.

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    You can talk retard.

alochol

LMAO [face_laugh]

8. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Retard? Retard? For shame that it has come down to personal attacks - can we get this guy banned, please!

Jokes, yeah i thought it was fitting to mispell it but then not mispell it, if you know what i mean :p

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    sure sure

[image=http://www.karlsweb.com/humor/Images/Rezoned/Rygel-muppet.jpg]

10. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh it's gettin nasty in here. [face_shame_on_you]

I ain't no muppet, you're just lucky I'm at work and don't have any pics to post or you'd get it good.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Do you want ROTK:EE for your birthday on Monday, Mark?

Course I won't actually give it to you till you get to AKL in a coupla weeks.

12. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    However I was just skipping thru the DVD to only watch the new or extended scenes so i'm unsure if it was on the way to the camp at Dunharrow or on the way to Gondor.
    yep it was ON THE WAY TO GONDOR! ;)

No I havn't seen it. X-mas presents and other things like food kinda take priority and I'm poor.
    OMG I had no idea?? :eek: come here poor old bastard [:D] well you know xmas is just around the corner!!! cheer up.. :D

Rygel king of teh muppets [face_laugh] love it! ;)

-Mel

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Jeez, thanks but no thanks JP. It's like $129 (until xmas ave at whitcoulls). It's ok, I'll get it at some stage. Because I'm wanted the special edition EE with the Minis Tirith keepsafe to complete my collection and I'm sure you're thinking of just the DVD's EE.

Thanks anyway, but... I'm not too fussed. I know I'll get one soon enough. There's enough, they wont run out.

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Rightho. Well, I could give you the $ that the regular EE would cost to go towards it, and you can pay the extra hundy for the toy. :p

Or maybe I'll just get you something else. We'll see...

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, whatever aye mate. Whatever's easy. Got a nice wee cheque from Adam and Mel for a ton. So that might buy / put towards the Special Extended Ed.

/shrugs/

When it clears. Got $100 as well from Chris and Diane and banked it on monday - still hadn't cleared today, so went into the bank and gave the lady a wink and she fiddled with the pc and deleted the hold and gave my that money right there and then. I think she liked me. haha! :p ;) j/k

I might be going to the Feelers / Opshop and Evermore on sat night at the civic. :D $25 - not too shab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.