main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ LOTR collectors - heads up....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    My last lst email siad I would make a proposal that means Ihave already
    made a decision as my good will gesture they will be a refund but you will
    have to wait until Tuesday

I just got that from him. WTH?!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, if you ignore all the gobbledegook, and concentrate on;

will be a refund but you will
    have to wait until Tuesday

I think we have a major breakthrough. :D

Now you need to reply, thanking him, and getting him to clarify that it is a full $500 refund and by "waiting until Tuesday" he means the refund cheque will be in the mail on Tuesday September 23 (tomorrow).

Give him your postal address again and tell him you will let him know when the cheque turns up. And that once his cheque clears you will send back the merchandise at your own expense.

Hopefully this is pretty much the end of the story!

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Great news!

4. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Agreed about this being Great News but I must say one thing, reading all of your e-mails to this loser I noticed something, you keep giving him extra time, first you say "By Sunday," then "By Monday," then "By Tuesday," I wouldn't be too surprised if that on Tuesday you get an e-mail from him making less sense than the one above asking for more time knowing well that you've given him plenty of it.

There is a need for (as Anakin would say), "Agressive Negotiations". However, you have come to a very good breakthrough though it may have come sooner.

All in all you have the backing of the entire TFN NZ board, all the best.

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Perhaps we gave him extra time in order to try and get my half thousand dollars back. Now, I would pay that much to scr3w him over by New Line, Weta Workshops, Police. Though, damnit, he may pay afterall.

:p just kidding.

I'm not getting my hopes up yet. We gave him until tomorrow (Tues 23rd) and if I have not recieved an e-mail or phone call conferming he will pay me by 1pm. Dad will go round and see if he can't get a cheque off him in person. JP will contact weta, I will drop a ring into Pascoe's to be sent to New Line, TradeMe will be contacted and informed, and possibly the police also.

I left a message on his cell phone answer machine asking if Tuesday was referring to tomorrow or next week. If tomorrow, fine - if next week... :mad: I said something like I'll have to get back to you.
    I also sent him an e-mail asking about which Tuesday he meant.

I will attempt to ring his cell again tomorrow morning, if it "rings unanswered" again. I will wait until 1pm.

//shrugs shoulders//

I've had enough of waiting. I contacted him on the 8th stating I was unhappy and wanted a refund. It's been 2 weeks. This is long enough.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    careful, if you start hounding him again the day he 'promised' your refund, he may take further offence to that and decide not to.

I know you're fed up with this guy (hell, I am too) but it's probably in your best interest to wait till wednesday to contact him again.

EDIT: sorry if my last few messages have sounded critical of your actions, SFL. Just wanna help :)

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    SFL ... seriously, I would wait a couple of days before getting in touch with him. Unfortunately he misconstrues your every email as a "threat" and is using that excuse to drag his heels.

As soon as you've got your cheque (and it is CASHED) I would contact Weta, new Line and Pascoes anyway. The guy is misrepresenting himself and ripping people off, and needs to be stopped.

Maybe some of us Aucklanders can form a posse?

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I just got an e-mail from him saying he will refund me. Yay. I opened the e-mail in a uni lab and have forwarded it to myself so I can access it here at home - where all the other e-mails are.

I will post it when it comes through - uni server is a bit slow at the moment.

:)

Though, he said when the swords arive he will deposit the money - I'm not happy about that [face_plain]

9. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    My advice would be to send the swords & rings up to your parents and then get someone to go and drop them back/get the refund in person.

This way he can't jerk you around anymore.

As I said before ... if you want to form a posse, I'll ride shotgun.

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol, Thanks STH.

My parents leave auckland tomorrow. If things happen or don't today (depending) my father will personally go and see him.

So, I could send the goods to JP - but I don't want my father involved in person with this guy let alone my brother.

This will be sorted... :p

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Good morning to you Mark and I suppose you want a refund well that should
    not be to hard to sought out
    Firstly emails are considered legal documents and therefore on that basis
    superknives of Trademe agrees to refund Mark Hansen the sum of $500 on
    receipt of the day the swords are returned by electronic funds transfer
    Subject to the following conditions
    · All items sent are returned in the original condition once received
    the refund will be made the same day
    · Returning the items and claiming a refund will cancel any auction rights
    and will incur a 12months no disclosure term for both parties no feed back
    will be placed any feed back placed will be removed regardless of it's
    statement.
    · In the event that feed back is not removed or reinstated within that
    12month from the return and refund date the party placing the feed is also
    consenting to complete the auction transaction again and gives consent to
    the other party to take what ever legal steps are necessary to finalize the
    auction and receive items or monies at that persons consent
    Thank you

That's what I got today.

12. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    In the event that feed back is not removed or reinstated within that 12month from the return and refund date the party placing the feed is also consenting to complete the auction transaction again and gives consent to the other party to take what ever legal steps are necessary to finalize the auction and receive items or monies at that persons consent

Man this guy is a jerk ... I'm pretty sure that this clause is bollocks as I can't see how he could force you to rebuy conterfeit goods after you'd been refunded. This is obviously just a smokescreen to (presumably) stop you from dobbing him in to trademe.

He hasn't aid anything about Weta or NewLine though, and I think you're well within your rights to contact them after you've got your money back.

Good luck anyway ...

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > agrees to refund Mark Hansen the sum of $500 on receipt of the day the swords are returned by electronic funds transfer

Like hell.

There's no way this guy gets the merch back in his hands until you get refunded.

I've told Mark to tell this guy that's unacceptible considering all the crap over the last 2 weeks, but to suggest if he won't be reasonable and refund first, to insist on using safetrader.co.nz to initiate the transaction.

There's absolutely no reason for him to refuse that request.

And the legal mumbo jumbo is hilarious. This is the guy selling shoddy bootleg merchandise
    and lying about the rings, using lawyers as some sort of threat. LOL!

14. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    That Feedback stuff about not putting it on is rubbish. Even after a deal dont go threw and you get a success fee refund you can still place feedback about the person. I think hes trying to save his feedback from getting trashed so he can put more auctions on or re auction the swords.

Also hell probobly keep the swords and give you no money

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, it seems odd. The thing with New Line/Pascoes with the rings, they want one - as verification. So, in order to get my money back I have to give back all products, thus leaving me with nothing to dob him in with.

As for the swords, I've taken photographs of the swords at a distance and close up, if I / we do "dob him into weta".

It's almost 2pm JP. If he doesn't agree to pay using safe trader or a cheque by 2pm, we are contacting 3rd parties. 5mins.

//scepticle//

I've tried ringing his cell again, nothing. No reply via e-mail either.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, if you want your money back, you can't dob him in.

Doesn't mean somebody else can't. I think his website address, your auction page, and his personal details (plus the name of the pascoes employee who examined the ring) would be more than enough to get pascoes & weta interested.

But just take it easy tiger. You're very close to getting your refund. So cut him some slack regarding the weta / pascoes thing, or you could lose the lot.

If dad still wants to go around to his house today, and you think it's in your best interest - well, that's your call. It could go either way.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, well, I've already edited the damn trademe comments to neutral:

"Misunderstanding of products auctioned"

If he still wants that deleted - he can get bent.

I'd love for him to take me to court. Let him try make me buy back illegal goods, in 12months if I don't delete my feedback on trademe. [face_laugh]

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    That's cool.

You told him 3rd parties would start getting involved from today. Dad can be that part of the promise.

The Weta / Pascoes etc can come later if nothing further comes of today.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So, get dad to go round to his house?

I'm worried this will infuriate him and cause him to say no refund at all then.

Oh, well - no backing down I guess as Mr_Deflok - we've given him heaps of time.'

He hasn't replied stating yes to cheque or safetrader - so I'll ring dad now then.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    wow - some of these latest posts have been overlapping. I just rang dad - he's going to pop round soon and see if this guy is home.

I realise this could go either way... here's hoping he either talks sense into this guy and is able to get a cheque - and hopfully he doesn't take it as too agressive and cans the refund thing.

Though, he has agreed - and verbal agreement stands in a court of law - so technically he has to pay me back, regardless of consumer affairs :p

21. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    It is a pity that these days public floggings are a thing of the past.

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol

Community stoning.

//evil grin//

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    one probably obvious comment ... don;t mess with a guy with an arsenal of swords ... especially not if he's a Westie!

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, that's why I was a little reluctant for my dad to go see him. But chances are he's not home at 3pm on a Tuesday anyway. But I told him to be careful :p

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Dad just called and read out the letter he's gong to leave at the clown's place if he's not home.

Very good letter. Very polite, but firm.

The shock of having someone come round to his house to deliver it should show him you're not bluffing.

:D

Anyway, Dad's an ex-cop, I'm sure he'll be fine.

No doubt I'll hear all about it over dinner tonight.

I must say I'm looking forward to a resolution on this almost as much as you, SFL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.