main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Just a reminder that LOTR comes out on DVD today. But it is not the extended version i hear that they will also release sometime in November which will be a 5 disk set (if my sources were correct) So buyers beware.

2. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I have no idea which version we're getting. I have an ad to get the movie for 15.99.

**loves to ad-match**

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Star Trek II Special edition is also released today. KHHAANNNN!!!!!

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Took the morning off from work and picked up LOTR, Wrath of Kahn, and Clash of the Titans. Not too shabby. Then I was lucky enough to find the last (only?) 2 sets of the new Playskool Falcon & Ep2 toys at KayBee. And I even saw that crazy marine at Fuddrucker's.

What a day. Can't wait to get home and take that trip back to Middle Earth. This will replace my DVD rip just fine.

Speaking of which, I know it's early and all, but you guys down for making a pilgrimage to The Two Towers midnight showing in December? I know most of you are going anyway and I don't have friends of my own around here with not having a life and all... Please don't let me go alone :(

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ed, the wal-mart at 81st and lewis had Trek 2 out Sunday night to buy.

Brent, those are good dvd buys.

6. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    No need to beware, Mike2. The two versions of the DVD are different enough to warrant buying both.

Today is the theatrical release, November is the extended cut (30 extra minutes). The extended cut will NOT have the theatrical version on it, so in essence, two different movies.

Not to mention all the special features of both sets are mutually exclusive. This one has the minimalist approach with TV spots, some documentuaries, and the like. (No commentary). But the next one has all the stuff die-hard movie & DVD fans die for. Plus the kick ass bookends. There will be nothing in common.

I've got my copy at home, unopened, but I know it comes with at least a $5 off coupon for the extended version in November. Although I've also heard it's as high as $10. I'll be getting both because I'm Peter Jackson's bitch.

7. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    LOL

Brent, you should make a shirt that says "I'm Peter Jackson's bitch" on it to wear to see The Two Towers. ;)

As far as I know we'll be in town when the film is released.

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes we will go see it at midnight with you Brent, Dena and i did for LOTR and we'll do it again.

Well ok, you twisted my arm, i'll go buy it now :p I was gonna wait, but your just go smart for me.

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Ok, well we watched it on DVD last night. The surround sound was done very well. Some parts could have been better in comparison to similar sounds from other movies. Ex: the arrows shooting over head in Gladiator sounded amazing, in LOTR it was good but didn't seem to "travel" as well.

I can't wait to get the extra 30 minute DVD, it looked like it was another movie all together from the little sneak peak that they gave of them. Lots of making of stuff which is great, that will keep me busy tonight.

The movie still have a impact too, like the opening scene on the Shire gave me goose bumps all over again, just from the look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.