main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lubbock Fan Force name?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    If there's anyone still around here, I'd like for us to pick a more exciting name than just "Lubbock Fan Force". Hopefully some of y'all will post some suggestions.

Here are mine:

Lubbooine (favorite)
    Mos Lubbock
    Cantina Gang
    Outer Rim

Any suggestions?

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    We had thought about this previously and a consensus was never reached. It is certainly not the most important thing at this point. Membership and activity first, then we can come up with a better name.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Outer Rim is cute :)

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey gang-

I emailed about this again with the regional admin recently, and the hope is that a more inclusive name for this forum might bring some more fans to the table. The odds of Lubbock having tons of fans are just too long, besides which we are (to a small extent) possibly alienating other fans who may be in the general area... notice Amarillo doesn't have a forum, but I'm sure it's got fans.

To this end, I propose that the name of this forum be changed from "Lubbock" Fan Force to something more inclusive. I've got a few ideas, and more are certainly welcome, as well as any thoughts or criticisms you may have on this topic. Feel free to post or PM me direct.

Here are the top three candidates:

1.) Texas Panhandle Fan Force
    2.) West Texas Fan Force
    3.) South Plains Fan Force

My vote is for Panhandle Fan Force

I think that is the most descriptive and will hopefully bring in those folks from Amarillo, Borger, Muleshoe, etc. If anyone knows someone from those areas, be sure to let them know about this forum. I'd like to have some sort of event this summer, maybe just a BBQ or movie outing.

Thanks everyone, and may the Force be with you!

5. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    It's been a month and I've seen no input on this at all. Hopefully you guys are all OK.

I'm going to take it upon myself to ask Nabooty Call to change the name of this forum to "Texas Panhandle" in hopes that it will attract new members from the surrounding communties.

Hopefully this will not offend anyone, and if any of you have any objections at all, please feel free to PM or email me to discuss the matter.

Regards,

Ian
    TI-1420

6. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I think that it is a good idea to try and include as many people as possible (and I agreee with the name change), it is a big area, and there has to be more of us out there, let just hope they find there way here :)

7. RivusPalpatine

RivusPalpatine Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    So, I read all the replies and I didn't see a real answer. I liked Lubbooine because it looks like a SW word. Perhaps we could start a poll...?

8. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Nice to see you, Rivus!

A poll is OK by me. I can't seem to get one started, but then not everything appears on the screen of my stoopit Mac.

Anyone who wants to start one is welcome to do so.

9. The_Mandalorian

The_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    hey Rivus! Glad to see your post...the more people we can get on these boards, the better. Well, hopefully we can get a meeting together soon...Talk to you all later!

10. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I don't live here,but, "Lubbock Star Wars Society(LSWS)

11. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Where is everyone?? Has everyone gotten lost or just lost interest?? Its been quiet around here for far to long :(

12. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    ezboard has a new feature called "meetup" which helps folks in a geographical community determine dates, times, and locations for getting together. Apparently there are at least five people interested, and with luck we'll get some more.

Hopefully the Lubbock FanForce, who are almost all certainly fans of other sci-fi and fantasy, will begin to use this service to arrange meetings. For example, I am signed up for the Fantasy/Sci-Fi meetup group in addition to Star Wars.

Please encourage any friends or family in the area to participate; It would be nice to have a group of folks for outings, parties, and swap meets!

I got the following information via email today regarding the next meetup:

It's time to Vote for a Venue for your Star Wars Meetup.
    http://starwars.meetup.com/
    (You may need to cut & paste this address into your browser.)

What:
    International Star Wars Meetup Day

When:
    Monday, Oct 20 @ 7PM
    (Vote for a venue NOW.)

Where:
    In up to 561 towns (anywhere that at least 5 people sign up)
    In Lubbock, TX, the exact venue is up for a vote:
    http://starwars.meetup.com/

If anyone sees a tall goofy dude with bright blue/turquoise hair, that's me. Come and say "hi"... I promise I won't bite :p

13. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    I'll be there. Who else will I be seeing there? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.