main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Maiden Alley Showing of Fanboy!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Incase you missed it here is a podcast link for the one of the interviews some of our guys did to promote the show Sat. night. This one is from the Gregg Dunker show.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Podcasts/The-Greg-Dunker-Show/Dunk-Intvw-Star-Wars-Fanboy-Movie-Saturday-6-27

Good job guys!

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I have a tickle in my gut that Maiden is going to sell out the screening. The airwaves have been SATURATED with the commercials and now these radio interviews on 4 different stations.

I wonder if they know how big this is going to be?

3. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    In light of this interview, I think I'm going to need 2 tickets now. Who do I get these from and who do I give $$ to?

4. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Maiden Alley box office.

5. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I will be tallying up the posts for tix tomorrow afternoon, and I'll have John hold that number back. Please only reserve tickets that you are paying the 10 each for. Thanks guys. pv

6. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I want to be there to see it with the audience - but I don't want to take a seat away from John Q Public. I'm happy to stand in the back and take their reactions all in. If there is room for us to stand back there.

If not - then put me down for one.

7. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    There should be plenty of room for club members to stand at back, several of us were planning on doing so anyway. pv

8. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    The wife and I will be happy with our $10 seats :)

What good places to eat are down there? We may get there a little early and take in the scenery.

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Theres several great places downtown, CC Cohens, Jeremiahs, Whalers Catch, and my personal favorite Tribecha, the best mexican place in Paducah, imo. pv

10. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    You left out the Toucan. (right next to tribeca and cynthias) Best food around in my opinion. Plus, if they have their outdoor area setup it's gorgeous!

11. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Sweet! Thanks!

12. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Before you think about a certain restaurant for a meal, I'd listen to a story I have to tell in relation to said place.

13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    My wife is also bringing a desert, magic bars. I came up with a name if you want to use it: Midichlorian Magic bars. Also, I'm curious about what everyone else is bringing.

14. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I doubt I'll be going tonight,finances are still bad for me. I hope you guys have a great time.

15. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    I hope it's not too late. I need 4 tickets total. My mom and grandma decided to come too. Can't wait!!! XD

16. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    You can get in for free. May not have a seat but you could still hang out.

17. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Congratulations go out to the cast and crew for a wonderful event last night. Your movie looked awesome on the big screen and myself and my family really enjoyed the newest version. PS, the food was amazing.

18. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    The event was fantastic. My mom and grandma loved it and they don't know much about Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or collecting, so I think we set the bar high. The food was excellent and creative. I apologize to everyone at the after-party for an embarrassing display of karaoke and for the nerd-fight that ensued. When you're having a heated debate over the marketability of Hugh Jackman in yellow spandex at 2:00 in the morning, something has gone wrong. :)

19. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Or gone right!!

20. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks to everyone for all the hard work everyone put into this event, it was awesome! And you won't make money on Jackman in spandex, lol. Heres some pix from the event. pv

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32033367@N02/

21. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    How much was raised for the Lion's Club?

22. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    I don't have a total from John yet from ticket sales. Should have it soon though. I do know we collected $75 from buttons, shirts, posters, and donations. I will post a total as soon as I get one. Great job everyone!

23. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Couple of hundred, I believe. The final tally isn't in yet, but the donation jar had like 75! That was great! That was an awesome night, and people at my work are still talking about it!

I don't think a conversation about yellow jumpsuit Wolverine is ever a conversation gone bad. No matter the time of night or morning!! He most definitely would bring in a crowd. What would you think of your beloved Spiderman in a matrix-accelerator suit? LMAO!

24. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    This is an e-mail I received from Greg Dunker from WKYX (he was one of two Bristol Broadcasting hosts who came to see the movie and help out the charity event) after I sent him a thank you note for coming out:

On 6/29/09 11:58 AM, "Greg Dunker - WKYX" <dunker@wkyx.com> wrote:

It was a blast! Denise and I were dying laughing, and yes, we DID get most of the jokes! Really enjoyed the ?Firefly? and ?Spaceballs? references...

You need to send me some pics ASAP and some idea of the money you raised so I can do a story for the website

Dunk

25. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    We made the front page of West Kentucky Star:

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/Local---Regional/McCracken-County/-Star-Wars-Fanboy--Premiere-Benefits-Telethon

"Star Wars Fanboy" Premiere Benefits Telethon
    By Greg Dunker
    PADUCAH, KY - The Paducah Imperials, a local Star Wars "fan force" debuted their new fan film, "Star Wars Fanboy" Saturday night at the Maiden Alley Cinema. The premiere was a fund-raiser for the Lions Clubs Telethon.

The movie is the story of a rag-tag band of rebel toy collectors going up against the Evil Galactic Empire, trying to complete the "ultimate Star Wars collection". Fans of not only Star Wars, but Indiana Jones, Spaceballs, and even the short-lived TV show "Firefly" will catch a lot of comic references to those shows. The film also features the very first fan-film appearances of the actors who portrayed Chewbacca and Boba Fett in the Star Wars films.

Before the movie, members of the cast and crew (in full costume) mingled with movie-goers at a meet-and-greet session. The group also sold posters, t-shirts and buttons to raise money for the Telethon.

For the past few years, at the Telethon Pre-Party, member of the Paducah Imperials show up as their Star Wars alter-egos, to entertain the children. Michael Deering, who portrays the Emperor in the movie, said debuting their movie to benefit the Telethon was the highly logical thing to do.

The event raised over 75 dollars in donations alone, ticket and merchandise sales are still being counted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.