main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    MAN CUBS
    (or How The Galaxy Was Tamed)

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/43/Ossus_Exterior.jpg]

Music

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away...

This all took place in the days that were called the Beginning of Years, when the galaxy was a wild and fierce place that was known as The Great Jungle.

In those times, Hyperspace was the name of the Dragon who watched over all things. As he slept, ships would enter into his cavernous mouth, and when he awoke he would spit them out on a tide of flame, hurling them away at tremendous speed. In this way did beings journey across the stars.

The planets were limitless in number and name, and every one of them was ruled by the Togorian named Shere Khan. He was an evil and hated beast, and his wrath was feared by all who lived in The Jungle, from the mightiest wroshyr tree to the smallest lizard-ant.

But Shere Khan knew a fear of his own.

The Khil, who were proud sages from ancient days, forewarned him of the coming of Man, who would tear down the Laws of the Jungle and make themselves into kings. Shere Khan was overcome by a terrible madness at this news, for he had once been a slave to the vile Rakata, and had vowed never to bow to any creature again.

So it was that he swore a terrible oath: that by the blood of his hide he would devour alive any Man who entered the galaxy.

Many moons passed, and the Jungle suffered beneath the rule of Shere Khan the Togorian.

Then, one warm evening on a world named Alderaan, Bagheera the Cathar heard an unnatural noise coming from within a forgotten cave. When he went to look, he found not a predator as he had expected, but something far worse: a group of crying human infants. At first Bagheera was struck by fear, and did not dare approach the strange creatures. But after some time had passed, he saw that they were too small to cause harm, and he took pity on them.

He took them to his trusted friends in the Shistavanen pack, who agreed to raise the little ones as their own, so that wolf and man would grow together as one.

All feared that if Shere Khan were to discover this deed, he would kill everyone who had known of it. But Bagheera and his friends hoped that the children would grow quickly into Men, and slay the tyrant...

And that was how the great tale began.

[b]Introduction
    [/b]
    Welcome.

This game is the spiritual successor to a previous game of mine, and is also loosely based on a number of fairy tales, fables and other stories (most prominently The Jungle Book, at least to begin with).

The story is meant to be an ancient Star Wars myth that explains how a democratic galactic government sprang up and how humans became the dominant force within it. I can see it as the kind of bedtime story that PROXY might narrate to a young Starkiller, for example. As a fairy tale, it has no ?factual accuracy? regarding actual canonical events. So you don?t need to worry about where this game fits into the timeline or whatever.

The galaxy of the game has most of the usual SW characteristics and most of the familiar technology, but with a few more wild and fantastical elements and creatures. Princes, princesses, genies, giants, monsters, magic and mayhem- expect to see it all here.

The ruler of the galaxy, as mentioned above, is Shere Khan the [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togorian]Togorian[/link]. Neither the Republic nor the Jedi Order exist...yet.

The only humans in the galaxy are you, the players.

[hr]

[b]Gameplay [/b]

[blockquote]
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."

-Jawaharlal Nehru[/blockquote]

The twist in this game is that [b]each of the players discover their character's destiny right from the offset[/b].

Allow me to explain.

Each player begins with no complex history, no Force-sensitivity, nothing. They are blank slates. The only thing the player decides are the basics like name, species, appearance, e

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
  3. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Replacing the null post, shall be the exclamatory post. :p

But, I truly think Hammur hit the nail on the head with this one. Just phenomenal, Wing.

4. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Must...Join....Now...

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sounds rather interesting. I should look into joining this.

6. Ofi-wan

Ofi-wan Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    This a truly phenomenal RPG I am definitely gonna join...

7. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    This is an awesome RPG and I sure do hope my cs gets approved!

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    CS sent in for approval. :cool:

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you know... you don't actually have to post in thread. just sending a CS is plenty of a show of interest.

:snoopy

10. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Indeed. I do understand that often sheer enthusiasm and the desire not to be overlooked causes people to post 'I've sent in my CS' or 'I'm sending a CS'. However, I assure you that your sheet will receive no more or less attention than anyone else's, and there is no need to clutter the thread up.

As delighted as I am at the interest, let's all keep the OOCs to a minimum. I didn't include it in the rules, so I'm happy to state it here:

[b]Rules[/b]

8.) Keep OOCs to a minimum

There we go.

[hr]

Now, I said I was delighted at the interest, and I wasn't jesting with you chaps. I've received a staggering 13 sheets in the short time this game has been up. I'm going to give people roughly one more day to send sheets in before I start reading through them all and making my decisions.

There will be a player cap, but I'm not sure what it will be yet. Probably 7 or 8. We'll see.

11. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Okay, I've received 3 more sheets and I have so many that I've decided to just go ahead and choose my players right now. My apologies if you didn't have time to send in a sheet, I'm aware there has been a very short turnaround, but I would like to get things started as quickly as possible.

If You Are Accepted

You may post your sheet here, with 'GM Approved' or somesuch stamped above it. Then sit tight until I get things rolling.

If You Are Rejected

You may be offered a place on my Reserve List.

As the game progresses, spaces for new characters will open up. These characters will not be part of the main group, but will play a significant role in the game and will have Fates of their own. When I require such a character, I will select a player randomly off the Reserve List and ask if he/she wishes to join us. If he/she declines, I will again randomly pick from the List until I have someone willing to play.

If You Are Interested But Didn't Send In A Sheet

PM me, and I will place you on the aforementioned Reserve List.

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Approved!

Followin' Winged from game to game ... :D

Name: Mischa Rosk
    Nickname: -
    Appearance: Brown hair, light green eyes, tanned skin; not very tall, but is thin and lanky, like someone who's grown a lot in a short span of time and is likely going to grow some more.
    Personality: A dreamer with her head in the clouds, figuratively speaking, most of the time. Mischa's bright and imaginative, but also stubborn and has a strong sense of curiosity - she doesn't like to take no for an answer.

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    GM Approved!

Name: Bakara
    Nickname: None yet.
    Appearance: A tall and lithe young man, Bakara has yet to truly fill out. Age will make him a truly striking figure, but for now he's a skinny boy with angular features. A mop of brown hair rests atop his head, beneath which two blue eyes search for the mysteries of the universe.
    Personality: Bakara is filled with questions, and has only just recently learned the value of holding his tongue. He is slow to act and unsure of his abilities, despite his skills. There is a stubborn streak that runs through many of his actions, and he seems to argue constantly, but is a kind person, beneath it all.

14. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

OOC: We have a total of eight players. I'll give some time for people to post their sheets, and then we'll get underway with choosing Fates. Mwhahaahahaha! [face_devil]

15. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    GM Approved

Name: Elisthia Nilar
    Nickname: Will tolerate Elsie, or Thia, but prefers her real name.
    Appearance: Caucasian. Slender build, stands at 5? 5?. Elisthia has blue eyes and waist-length brown hair, which she usually leaves down. Usually wears very plain attire?simple dresses, or a tunic and leggings.
    Personality: Elisthia is a rather quiet girl, timid but polite around strangers, and friendly towards those she is familiar with. Responsible, not really the rebellious type. She likes doing just about anything that involves being creative (reading, drawing, making things, etc.), and though somewhat curious, she knows when something isn?t her business.

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I woke up and wasapproved!

Name: Elora

Appearance: A young athletic woman in her middle teens one can easily see the beauty of her, awaiting to blossom in the woman she will one day be. Her striking blue eyes contrast with her slightly bronze skin.

Personality: Elora is headstrong and sometimes stubborn. But an independant thinker and more of a woman of action than of words. From her behavious she could easily be a boy of the same age. Nevertheless, she cares a great deal about others, once she gets warm with them. She is also a kind of dreamer, even if she would never admit that to others.

17. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Somesuch!

Name: Gallia Tern
    Nickname: Gee or Tee
    Appearance: Gee is pretty in a simplistic way and has a pleasant face. She has long, smooth auburn hair that appears messy and tangled. She has light freckles in a linear fashion across her cheeks and over her nose. Her complexion is partway between pale and tan. She is five foot, eight inches tall and weighs one hundred twenty-six pounds. She has subtle curves and slight, but toned muscles. Gallia has bluish-green eyes, reminiscent of clear water. Her teeth are almost perfectly straight, and almost perfectly white.
    Personality: Gallia is flirtatious and easily distracted. She has trouble trusting people and is indecisive. Though very intelligent, Gee suffers from low self-confidence. She hides almost all of her feelings, and only reveals portions of the truth. Gallia has a wild imagination and loves nature. She lets her mood be affected by her peers, but is immune to their pressure. Gallia is often pugnacious and trying. She reacts well under pressure. Her movements give her an air of sophistication.

18. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Approved

Name: Sara Kharatyan
    Nickname: none
    Appearance: Slightly shorter than average - about 5?2 (adult height). Long auburn hair, which she generally wears loose unless she?s doing something active. Lean build - but that comes from living in the Great Jungle.
    Personality: Intuitive, creative, and impulsive, Tara enjoys taking risks and discovering new things. She develops strong attachments to people, but social relationships are sometimes difficult for her. Driven by a constant fear of rejection and abandonment, her behavior is sometimes erratic, and her mood is generally unstable. In response to events that would be unimportant to most people, Tara?s emotions can change from empty and dissatisfied to exuberant and energetic to desperate and fearful to bitter and hostile. Her self-image - and the image she projects to others - is just as inconsistent.

Though these problems greatly affect Tara, they don?t define her as a person. Most of the time she keeps her emotions under control. She?s generally nice - in fact, at first glance, she may come off as overly passive, as she often tries to compensate for the occasions when her behavior gets out of control.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Ecko
    Nickname: N/A
    Appearance: Your standard wild eleven year-old boy. Skin that is tanned from the sun, shaggy brown hair extending to the tops of his shoulders, and dark brown eyes.
    Personality: Kind, loving, adventurous, curious... and deaf. Born without the ability to hear, Ecko has learned to depend on his heightened senses of sight, smell, taste, and touch to survive in the jungle with Bagheera and the Shistavanen pack.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Approved!

Name: Translates roughly into "Vicious No-Fang" in the Shistavenan language
    Nickname: Vic
    Appearance: http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/FF6_characters__Gau__by_liline.jpg?t=1232059435
    Personality: Vic tends to be a bit on the rude side, regardless of whether he's dealing with his parents, his friends, or even local leaders. He's prone to inappropriate outbursts, downright mean-spirited comments, and on the whole his attitude seems to be a bon vivant, pessimistic one. If he even has a caring side, he certainly doesn't show it.

21. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Well well well...so we have our circle. And a fine group it is too. Five girls, three boys, and a very good mix of ages.

The Cubs

Bakara, 17 (Penguinator-176)
    Elisthia, 17 (JediMasterAnne)
    Elora, 16 (SirakRomar)
    Gallia, 16 (NickLitYouAFlame)
    Sara, 14 (Hammurabi)
    Vic, 14 (darthramza)
    Mischa, 13 (DarthXan318)
    Ecko, 11 (Reynar_Tedros)

I'm very happy to see all present and accounted for so quickly. Now give me a little while to make some final adjustments to the Fates I have written, and then we'll begin choosing.

22. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    THE FATES

Here we go! Time to determine your destiny!

So this is a really simple selection process. Last time I used the seven classical planets, this time I'm using eight Greek gods, it doesn't really matter. I could have used eight types of vegetable, this just sounds cooler. Like I say, it's all random.

I want each of you to choose one of the gods, and post your choice here. Once a god is chosen, it cannot be chosen again. Each player must choose a different god.

The last person to choose will be left with the last remaining god- so they have no choice- but that's just the way it works. It's all random anyway.

Zeus
    Poseidon
    Hermes
    Apollo
    Ares
    Hephaestus
    Hades
    Dionysus

Right, make your decision and post it here in the thread!

23. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
  24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
  25. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.