main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Averagus Aniad II - Son of Theseus
    ???

As the world shifted he raised an eyebrow at Irkalla's words.

'I don't think he understands your meaning of a boon.' came the jabbing words from his other personal ghost that now drifted infront of him. It's visage still enough to make him recoil from it's deformities. Especially when the world seemed to dissolve into a smoke that spread and coiled, like fluid lines without a distination trying to create something out of the nothingness that was them.

'No, but there is time. Always time.'

'Yes, perhaps. I wonder if he has already spent his though.'
    lilted the reply before the speaker moved once more behind him. Leaving him to watch the smoke trails resolve and find the forms for which they searched as a smokey pattern emerged, and then like the great dawn that first the space yet greated upon leaving the world or arriving yet seemed to cascade and transcend those smokey shapes etherial into those of the living.

Fur, mother and child. One suckling from the other, and so he wondered if these felinoids might be those. . .Togorians the Gorgon mentioned in its layer. It did not bother though he were like an Emperor of Vacuum reigning ever more to see this passing race, but what did. What did was when the child looked upon him, not through but as if he truly saw him. It's mother did nothing of the like, for which he was gladened and sadend somewhat, but still that one stared whilst drinking.

'Let's see if you really see me. The First? Any ideas?' he yet asked of his voice given form.

'Let this guide and see if he follows.'

Starting to sing to the music provided by his ghostly apperition he danced along as he went back and forth to see if his ghostly antics would get a response from the kid.

TAG: Winged

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

[b]SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, Penguinator-176, NickLitYouAFlame[/b]

[i]Tython[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]

"Why hello there!" exclaimed the chubby Farghul, reaching out with a paw to ruffle Mischa's head. He stopped when he noticed the protective stances of her siblings, but the grin on his face didn't fade. "I am Baron Ahadi, lord of this estate! Welcome to Tython- and do my old eyes deceive me? What species are you? You look remarkably human! What astounding make-up!"

"These are refugees," explained Taka, striding over to his father. His voice was cold. "I'll explain later. Can they stay in the guest rooms, or are your friends still here?"

"What a way to greet your father!" roared Ahadi, throwing his arms around his son. His eyes were welling up with tears. "This is amazing! We will throw a feast tonight!"

"Are your friends still here?" repeated Taka, shrugging off the embrace.

"No," replied Ahadi after a beat. "But enough of this. Come, all of you- follow me inside!"
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]Mitth_Fisto[/b]

[i]???[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]

The child gurgled with innocent laughter at the ghost's crazy dance, and reached out a paw towards the apparition. The mother seemed confused, and tried in vain to return the infant's attention to her breast.

Just then there was a knock at the door, and another woman walked in. She was wrapped tightly in black silks so that her features were barely visible. Her body was oddly shaped, with bulges and curves in places where they should not have been. Her face was entirely covered except for her eyes, which were red raw and bloodshot. Fur poked out of her clothing at various parts of her figure, and gave the vague impression that she was of the same species as the child and its mother.

"Time to leave," she said, in a voice so hoarse it was barely audible. The old creature's eyes scanned the room, and fell briefly on Averagus. They remained there for a few moments, narrowed, and then moved on.
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Togoria

So this is a Togorian, Susul thought upon seeing the face of his people's newest enemy. Bigger and wider then any Rakatan and probably even more bloodthirsty. The opinion wasn't based off of the Togorian's appearance either as it was of the furs that this specimen was wearing. Hm...

Taking a long look around, Susul looked upon the white, snowy landscape and the so-called "city" that they found themselves in. Here, the human allowed his brow to furrow as he saw the huts and stone temples. Odd. For the new galactic rulers that replaced the Rakata, Susul was expecting a bit more...impressive sites. Actually traveling to Rakata worlds was a bit rare of course but between the technology - such as the terraforming of Kashyyyk -, the fleets of advanced warships, and all other weapons and armor, Susul would expect cities that towered up to the heavens and stretched out to the horizon.

This? This was just primitive. And yet somehow the people that came from here managed to overthrow the Rakata.

How this could stand up in a battle is unbelievable, Susul continued to think, especially as the Togorian continued with his brief description of the world. Recording scents? Divided lands? How could they have possibly even left this planet's surface nonetheless fight the Rakata?

Despite the mental monologue that Susul was having, he kept his voice silent, unsure if even speaking may somehow give him away as one that wasn't a Mendellian Giant. Instead, he simply bowed his head to the Togorian and waited for Malacoda to continue moving them along while hefting the light-repeating rifle that he was provided. Of course, the term "light" was laughable when one took into account that these weapons were made for Wookiees to use and thus were gigantic. The stopping power could probably equal and even go beyond that of the heaviest rifles that Susul had seen and used during the war.

Despite that, however, he was hoping that he wouldn't have to use it here.

4. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Sarge221

Arrival Zone, Lands of the Whitepaw Blood, Togoria

The unlikely partners walked on towards the shaman, who brushed an odd wire tongue over their arms to record their scents. Once he was satisfied, he placed the tongue within a metallic dish, and ushered them onwards without another word.

They trudged through the snow, and Malacoda pointed out their destination: a huge stone temple that stood about a mile away. As they walked, they passed numerous Togorians going about their daily business: carrying slaughtered animals back to their villages, bartering over machine parts and weaponry, stewing broth in enormous cauldrons and racing speeders through the trees.

They came across a small group of four or five, who were gathered around a holo-projector. It was projecting a flickering colour image of a circular amphitheatre, so vast that it could not all be seen in one shot. The camera panned across the roaring crowds, and dived towards the centre, where two beings were fighting upon the sands. One of them was lupine in appearance, grey-furred, clutching a blaster in one paw and a dagger in the other. His opponent was also wolflike, but much larger, and most of his limbs had been augmented with cyborg parts.

"A fight from the Grand Arena on Corusscant," said Malacoda.

As the holo continued and the two fighters engaged one another, a pungent smell hit Susul's nostrils. It was the smell of blood, and sweat, and excrement, all intermingled. It was highly unpleasant, but the group of Togorians seemed to enjoy it.

"The holo-projector musst be equipped with olfactory transsmission," explained Malacoda. "The Togorianss are sstimulated by sscent. They need their holoz to ssmell."

The fight continued, and the group began exchanging coins with each other, apparently betting on which of the fighters would come out victorious.

"Any thoughtss?" asked Malacoda, retrieving a couple of copper coins from his belt.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    Tython

Mischa decided that Baron Ahadi was off his rocker but probably harmless. Her siblings didn't seem to think so - Gallia had come forward with her fists clenched, obviously uncomfortable but equally obviously protective - but Mischa sensed nothing wrong.

Yet.
    Their wariness was catching.
    Mischa tried to shrug it off. It was a beautiful planet and the Baron was friendly. What could possibly go wrong?

Anyway, the father-son exchange had piqued her curiosity. "Friends?" she asked Taka in an undertone as they moved to follow.

TAG: Wing, Anne, Sirak, Peng, Nick

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul, Damasca
    Togoria, Arrival Zone

At least the holoprojector showed some semblance of the Togorians being competent enough to have a grasp of at least a bit of technology. That was before the smell had hit though and, upon first getting a sniff, Susul had to fight to keep a disgusted but, at the same time, a haunted look to come to his face. The reason being that the scents were not unfamiliar to him...and it was this familiarity, and not just the rancid stench, that disgusted him.

At least they have the barbarism down, Susul reflected while looking down at the holoprojector. As thirsty as they were for human blood, the Rakata didn't come off as barbaric as these Togorians seemed to be.

"How pleasant," Susul finally replied to Malacoda with a note of sarcasm.

The only reason that Susul looked so closely to the projector as he did now was only so that he could get a picture of Togorian "entertainment" and a look into other examples of an alien race such as the two fighters that he saw now.

"The smaller one I think," Susul now chose for the Barabel, as he believed that was what he meant with asking about his thoughts.

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Sarge221

Arrival Zone, Lands of the Whitepaw Blood, Togoria

"The ssmaller one?" echoed Malacoda, flicking his forked tongue out in surprise. "Very well."

He nudged the Togorians and hissed something in some arcane language. One of them grunted acceptance, taking the coins into the palm of his paw, before turning back to the holo.

The smaller wolf was firing away with his blaster, releasing a barrage of laserfire towards the cyborg, who had been wounded in his ankle. The larger fighter proved too quick and strong though, darting forwards to knock his opponent to the ground with a heavy, clubbing motion of his forearm. The smaller wolf squirmed on the sands beneath the cyborg's grip.

The noise of the crowd swelled, and the olfactory transmitter released another surge of scent, sweat intermingled with blood. The group of Togorians roared with appreciation, encouraging the larger of the two holo-figures to get on with the execution.

But then there was a brief verbal exchange between the combatants, too quiet to be picked up by the cameras. And suddenly the cyborg, who had been about to deliver the finishing blow, hesitated. The smaller wolf wasted no time, throwing the cyborg to the ground and turning the tables. He leapt on top of the larger creature, stabbing and stabbing with his dagger at every patch of exposed flesh or bare wire, not stopping until it was clear that any further strike would be overkill.

The crowd on the holo were stunned by the dramatic turn of events, and had been silenced. The group of Togorians were also quiet. The small wolf tossed the dagger aside, and stood up.

"Are you not entertained?" he bellowed. "Is this not what you are here for?"

He walked away from his fallen foe, and the holo abruptly switched itself off. The Togorians murmured to each other and quickly settled their various bets. It seemed that only one of them had been backing the smaller wolf, besides Malacoda. The Barabel walked away with triple his investment.

After having offered Susul a share of the winnings, the pair marched on.

"What do you think of thisz place sso far?" Malacoda inquired of his partner.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    ???

To hear the childs laughter brought a touch of warmth to his. . .his soul. A childs laughter was one of those things that generally transcended species, and this was to his ears no exception. Smiling he looked at the babe, it's mother attempting to destract it from what she could not see. 'You don't seem all that monsterous to me.' he spoke softly, unsure if the child could hear as well as see him in this plane between in which he dwelled.

Then an intruder burst into his moment, as he had spoken he had hoped the knocks would be rebuffed by the attempting to nurse mother. No luck or such quarters were given. The creature that burst in seemed like one out of the pages of art in the anti-realist genre, all angles and curves mixed together. Poking to stick out of the dark wraps that bound it together, and the eyes so blood shot that the other whispered as an after thought to himself, 'That does.'

'Yup.' he solemly replied as this creature made a stop with her gaze in her ushering to leave that left little to his imagination that she might perceive if not see him. Bowing slightly he moved to position to follow them a step behind. If the creature reacted then some possibilities yet would present themselves, otherwise what was the task of a spy but to be invisible and observant. Something he was uniquely able to do.

9. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    Tython Estate

Elisthia wasn?t quite sure what to make of their host. She had noticed Bakara and Gallia?s wary tension, despite Ahadi?s friendly manner. Mischa didn?t seem too bothered, though, and cheerfully greeted the older Farghul. Elisthia herself settled for an acknowledging nod as she moved to follow him inside.

She had also noticed Taka?s chilly tone as he had briefly spoken with his father. The Baron (if that was truly what Ahadi was; he certainly didn?t look the part) did not seem to reciporocate his son?s bitterness, however, leading Elisthia to wonder exactly what had transpired between them that had left such a one-sided grudge. She was starting to like Taka, but thus far she didn?t see any reason for him to be so cold towards his father.

Unless it had something to do with the ?friends? Taka had mentioned. He had seemed quite keen to know whether they were here or not?who were they?

Mischa?s curiosity was piqued as well, and she had just asked Taka the same question. Elisthia raised a questioning eyebrow at the Farghul as she fell into step beside her sister, also wanting to hear the answer.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Sirak, Winged

10. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

[b]SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, Penguinator-176, NickLitYouAFlame[/b]

[i]Tython[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    "Friends?" asked Mischa.

"Not mine," replied Taka. "Cultish parasites who moved in after my mother's death. If they're gone then that's progress since I was last here."

The group followed Ahadi up the steps towards the central structure of the estate.

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2223/2245098273_fdf208b4db_b.jpg]

It was truly a majestic mansion, and its opulence belied the Baron's rather humble personal appearance. The throng of refugees swarmed around the pool, and a few members of the aquatic species actually jumped in, unable to hide their pleasure at being re-united with the water.

"If you wish to stay outside then I will have food brought out!" laughed Ahadi.
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]Mitth_Fisto[/b]

[i]???[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The deformed creature did not seem to notice Averagus following close behind, or at least did not react to it. Instead she simply left the room with the mother and the infant in tow.

They headed down through a labyrinth of corridors and stairways. They were inside what appeared to be a rundown but still impressive castle, no doubt once the home to royalty or nobility.

The child, purring softly across over his mother's shoulder, did not take his eyes off Averagus.
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    ???

Averagus looked upon the child and stuck his head through the wall as they walked onward. Looking at what beyond this hall they passed, before bringing it back to make a funny face at the child before dipping it through the other and returning with a couple more expressions as if to spit out the dust of the walls. Where they went he did not know, but knew that it was an interesting task.

Whether the creatures that moved ahead, or the place itself his mind in spirit was given to wander nearly as much as his body swayed.

Did you ever wonder?

What? Speak or hold whatever passess for our tongues.

If within this place's history, however new it's ancient dust is to us, that there might have walked one worthy to have more than laurels placed upon him or a simple epitat upon his marker? Was there ever one, one who deserved more from the way he lived his life and yet found himself in the seat of power without turning a darker shade?

Perhaps, but not even I can distinguish the history recorded from the dreams we had dreamt.

Then perhaps, a dream so real as to the marks of reality might come to pass?

Why these questions? You test my ammicability I swore to you son, leave off and test it no further. For a having out is not for eyes too young to discern meaning within divers depths.

So it is, and I no more.

Nodding he continued as he had. Observing now in silence with mild humors as they traveled through halls newly ancient.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vic, Son of Hades
    Eastern Wing, Bunker, Hoth

"He's swift of foot, I'll give him that,"
    Vic conceded, turning his attention once more to the displays. He used his index finger to indicate the general directions of the motions he had in mind. "Right then. Arinna and I are going to circle around the top of the 'command center' and try to overtake him from behind. We'll have to move quickly, so be ready to run. Tarhunt, you stay here and keep us posted in case his motion changes. Be a bit silly to start running around in circles if he doubles back, after all. Alternatively, if we're not fast enough you may have to take him on your own. Be ready for either possibility... and keep an eye on the nutcase here."

He shook his blaster pistol a few times to get a feel for its weight. "Arinna, you're probably faster than me, so lead the way. I'll try and keep up. Happy hunting to all of us."

13. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Tython

Even through the Force, the mansion was stunning.

"Wow," Mischa murmured. It was the biggest house she had ever seen (the Citadel didn't count, seeing as it was a ship, and anyway it still stank of fear and worse). The main building rose majestically up ahead, flanked by two wings, and in the centre was a tree-lined pool - a pool! Mischa hadn't gone swimming since Alderaan; she had stayed away from the shore in the Netherworld out of superstitious fear that the Voids would draw her in. And, of course, there had been no opportunities to go swimming on Myrkr or Prakith.

From the way some of the refugees leapt into the pool, their presences sparking with laughter and pleasure, she wasn't the only one who missed water. Ahadi laughed. So did Mischa.

"Your home is great," Mischa told him, grinning.

TAG: Wing, Anne, Sirak, Peng, Nick

14. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Tython Estate

She gave a non-committal shrug of her shoulders in response to Ahadi?s offer to have food brought outside?she would have liked to see more of the inside of the mansion, but at the same time, it had been a long time since she had been able to be outside and be able to enjoy it?Tython was almost a paradise when compared to previous worlds Elisthia had been on; the environments on Myrkr and Prakith could hardly be defined as ?pleasant,? and as Elisthia and Elora had both noted on Myrkr, Sarabi had only on rare occasions allowed her charges to leave the safety of the ship over the past year.

Even more rare had been the opportunity to go swimming?once or twice Sarabi had found a remote stream or lake where she had permitted the girls to relax in the cool water for a few hours, but again, it had been a rare occurrence.

Ahadi?s mansion sported a giant pool, of which several of the guests from the Citadel took immediate advantage, and Elisthia found it impossible not to smile at their enthusiasm.

?Your home is great,? Mischa was saying to Ahadi.

?It is beautiful,? Elisthia agreed, nodding absently as she watched the swimmers.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Sirak, Winged

15. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Tython, Estate

She did stay in the background. Simply because she felt she had little to do in the front and spotlight of this meeting. Walking from one family to the next she made sure everybody was okay. With an amused smile she heard her borther´s wish to train her, realized his view on her equipment. He made his mind up about it. He judged it. Under the premise of knowing more. Arrogance. Her serene smile faded for a moment when she realized how similiar this was to the beast she had just killed. Arrogance, fear. A seed. With the possibility to become the most dreadful fruit one day. As she had noted before. The scars on his face were probably the lesser ones. But she did not tell him she would never miss a target, or that she did not rely on his teachings in battle. She simply nodded. Seeing no more sense in any confrontation. Or to reveal her power.

Especially the power was her great concern. She had grown more proficient in moving objects, perceiving life any moment. And slowly had realized how easy it would be for her to seize control. To makes others decisions. She could be their ruler. Their queen. And anybody who resisted her she could make kneel with the power of a thought. It was exactly what she did not wanted to be, that was so easy to get. And there was her seed. Ready to become a tree of terror.

Everybody had this seed in him. Everybody.

And that brought her attention to their new host and the "cultists" mentioned. She had seen where worship could lead. And after all there had to be a reason the force had so constantly pushed her to this place. She neared her brother and sisters once more and smiled patiently, as she stepped next to the others. "They will stay out here for now. Get used to the place. organise themselves. Louie, please be so nice and help them, yes?" She asked the droid and smiled to him. Then she turned to Taka. "What kind of cult are we talking about?" She asked, not hiding her suspision. There was no reason for hypocarcy. The galaxy was a dangerous place. Nobody could seriously deny that.

Tag: Tython bunch . . .

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Away until the 17th on an unexpected business errand. Some of you have updates to respond to in any case. For those who don't, I ask your patience and understanding as always. :)

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara
    The Estate, Tython

The water looked welcoming - eager to soak his tired muscles in the pristine water, Bakara contemplated pulling off his wargear and jumping right in, but talked himself out of it. For now, at least.

The talk of cults bothered him, but he tried to forget it for the moment and let the situation unfold. But a thought - no, a feeling - nagged at his brain, chipping away like the prisoner's spoon at a cell wall. Something had certainly changed with his family - he could feel it, he was certain of it this time. The feeling was strange and alien - why had it taken him this long to get used to these new sensations in his mind? No, not his mind...his being. That was the right phrase, the right word for it. It didn't feel different - it was different. Had he let his own anger cloud his judgement, his swift appraisal of the situation blurred by emotion?

Had that emotion, he wondered, been his?

You can be a real stubborn fool, sometimes. That voice now...that voice was almost laughing. But not at him. His voice?

It's taken you this long to open up, to let it in - to let yourself show. Don't back away now. Accept it, understand it however you can - but use it.

He inhaled deeply, and it felt like he could truly smell the air this time.

Above all else - do not delude yourself. This is the first step on the path: tread carefully. Beware those around you.

And suddenly it hit him like a blow to the face. Where had Elora gotten those scars?

Tag: Tython

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Well the business errand ended up becoming more of a holiday. In any case, my summer is officially over. I return to the reassuringly predictable routine that makes up the rest of the year, which means that I am once again able to post with some semblance of regularity.

Hopefully most of you will soon be able to do the same. Everyone now has an update to respond to. If you have any questions, do PM. :)

[i]Baron Ahadi's Estate, Tython[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    With caution at first, and then an overwhelming sense of relief, the refugees settled into their new home. The Baron saw to it that their every need was catered for, even when it came to the more demanding species. It wasn't long before every corner of the mansion seemed to be teeming with life and laughter. No one got much sleep that night.

At Elora's request, Taka had explained to the Man Cubs the nature of the cult that his father had once belonged to. They called themselves the Order of the Ashla. They were a monk-like group who he did not trust, especially after they attempted to 'indoctrinate' his father immediately after the death of the Baroness.

The Students of the Ashla kept mostly to themselves when it came to planetary affairs, and after a brief time staying on Ahadi's estate, they had formed a conclave nearby.

And that might have been the end of that story, were it not for the messenger who arrived the following morning.

He was a Caamasi, and he came to the front entrance. He was wearing a plain tunic and a dark hooded robe. He explained that he was an envoy of the Order.

I am here to see the Man Children, was all he had said.

No one knew how he knew that there were Man Children on Tython, but the message was passed on by Bagheera (who insisted on escorting the siblings out to meet the mysterious visitor).
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]Mitth_Fisto[/b]

[i]Tython[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]

It had rapidly become apparent to Averagus that the building he had arrived inside was in fact an enormous ship. Upon leaving it, he was confronted with a vast and grassy world. Directly before him was a well-maintained estate, no doubt belonging to some wealthy individual, and it was currently overrun with a mass of beings of different shapes, sizes and species.

After a whole night exploring his new surroundings and observing the comings and goings of the various creatures, he soon deduced that these people were refugees from some distant world, and were only here as a temporary measure. The estate appeared to belong to some old Farghul named Baron Ahadi.

It was around the time that morning broke that Averagus finally stumbled across the Man Cubs. There were five of them; one boy and four girls. One of the girls wore a blindfold across her face. Another stood strong and muscular. Another girl seemed to be the oldest judging by the way she fussed over the others and generally radiated calm. The remaining girl wore a suit of scarred battle-armour, as did the boy.

It remained to be seen whether or not Averagus would reveal himself to these humans, or try and find the infant Togorian he had been amusing earlier.
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]darthramza[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSO9mqwcRw][i]Eastern Wing, Bunker, Hoth[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]

Vicious and Arinna were on the move. The Togorian warrior led the way, and her Man Cub charge hurried to keep up.

[image=http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5994/hotheastwing3.jpg]

Tarhunt's voice crackled through on their comms:

[i]"...Red man entering the Control Center...directly south of your position..."[/i]

[/color]
    [hr]
    [/blockquote]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Tython

Like a drop of water contained within the pool that soon greated his eyes, he was set in motion by forces without and within. Without as a world that greeted him, and the monstrous ship at his back made in the fashion of the Rakatta, he could do nothing against the pull that said to the invistigate this new location that had been sent to him. . .or him to it. Even just the shere variety of it staggered his mind, and joyed his soul with so much red upon the thought of slaves once and those unknown both mingled here free, that if not for his lack of substance he would of glowed from bloods good humor at what he beheld.

So through the night he passed from wall to wall, and hall to hall. Searchers and spy's never had it so well as he to cover ground and listen in to the passings of the night. To some old Farghul named Baron Ahadi this all was under his domain, and if not for the joy upon the species and how well taken care of they were, refugees all, that of him the master of this place he placed in likely good regard. Though that other that is the self by ties binding yet whispered in reminding that: 'Yet the good deed might bring no punishment if the doer already plans the inheritors demise.'

Having gone without rest nor sleep, as neither ever came to lay hold upon him it was by the breaking of the dawn and heralding of morning by light of brilliant star that he found a surprise most unexpected. If not for joy and imperceptability he would himself have made withdraw to gather yet himself for such an encounter, children of men like himself and not of creatures gathered round he found. Five yet he counted quickly in the silence of his inbetween, and if not for the strength and calm of one he might of wondered if the practice of harems had been instituted by these lost younglings. Though still that might be he doubted it well since the male though obviously able of himself was not the lead of this ensomble, no to a woman yet that fell.

He thought then of the cub he had first been given sight, with morning present it soon would wake, and in some way knowing that he had not faded intirely from everyone's view suited him well. Mention not the fact that being the first, this child and it's family and protectors might be the main reason he was here. Still, with these he might learn much and need only give little in return.

Floating over to hover against the door he asked so they could hear, but yet not see his visage hanging there, "Might one Ancient join this gathering?" His voice was small but enough to carry clear to those within the room. Turning back was still in possibilities, but great things might be learned by their reactions.

TAG: Tython Bunch

20. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia, Daughter of Apollo
    Baron Ahadi?s Estate, Tython

The night had not been kind to Gallia. This new planet, and their new lodgings were unfamiliar and uncomfortable. Gallia had woken several times during the night. She was restless, and eventually just resigned herself to training in a courtyard. It was there that Bagheera told her about the visitor.

Gallia was dressed in her lightest form of armor. It was little more than a chest plate and spaulders. Beneath that she wore a modest black jumpsuit, adorned with Colonel Hathi?s clan?s symbol. At her waist was her slugthrower, and her eight-inch knife, and on her wrist was the compact flamethrower she had received on the Viscount?s ship.

Gallia walked in step with Bagheera towards the stranger, sizing him up. He wore a plain habit and covered his face with a hood. The hood seemed nothing more than a gimmick, designed to intimidate. His snout was just visible.

Gallia, as the closest Man Cub to the stranger, thought it apt to speak first.

?What is your business with our clan, Camaasi?

Tag: Winged, Man Cubs

21. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    It'll be another couple of weeks before my schedule even resembles regular, but I'll try to squeeze in a post here and there...

Just FYI, while I usually try to read everything, when I'm in a hurry - and I am, nowadays - I tend to find tags by pressing ctrl+F and searching for "Xan" so please tag me by name if you want to make sure I respond!

Tython

Baron Ahadi proved to be an excellent host. Somehow he had managed to cater to the needs of every single refugee, providing everything from food (no mean feat when there were several different species represented, all with different dietary needs) and rooms, to random amenities like fur-trimmers and salt baths. Even the cultists, after Taka explained, didn't seem so bad. Mischa eventually gave in to her initial impulse and leapt into the pool, to the general delight of all around. Soon she had joined in some impromptu games with the various aquatic refugees, and although the human girl would never match them for speed or grace in the water, she had a lot of fun.

(she was careful about making sure her blindfold remained snugly tied on at all times; it was easier to not have to explain.)

The next day dawned clear and sunny. Mischa woke relaxed, refreshed and truly rested for the first time in ... well ... since Alderaan, really. She washed, dressed, and had just wandered into the kitchen in search of some breakfast when Bagheera found her and told her the Man Cubs had a mysterious visitor. Mischa yawned, scarfed a pastry filled with muja fruit jam, and followed him and Gallia out to meet the Caamasi.

TAG: Wing, Nick, Anne, Sirak, Peng

22. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Tython Estate

While she was somewhat intrigued?a perhaps a little bothered?by this order?cult?whatever it was that Taka was talking about, Elisthia was willing to dismiss any concerns about it for the time being, preferring to take advantage of what time they had to simply relax.

It didn?t take long for Mischa to join the swimmers in the pool, and though Elisthia decided not to actually get in, she did take off her footwear and roll up the legs of her trousers enough that she could sit by the edge with her bare feet in the water. She got soaked anyway; Mischa and the others in the pool played a number of water games, and Elisthia got splashed on more than one occasion (and of course she splashed right back, kicking her feet in the water and drenching anyone who happened to be in range). It was fun, though, and she laughed like she hadn?t laughed since?she didn?t know when.

After a while though, she began to grow tired of the constant crowd and went inside, where someone led her to a guest room?Elisthia had considered simply going back to the Storyteller and sleeping there, but she didn?t want to offend Baron Ahadi by refusing his hospitality, so she accepted the room she was given. She slept well enough, though she did wake a few times during the night, her sleep disrupted by her unfamiliar surroundings.

She was up shortly after daybreak, and after dressing, was on her way downstairs to find something to eat when Bagheera found her and informed her that there was someone here to see the Man Cubs.

A Caamasi was waiting at the entrance, and as she approached Elisthia heard Gallia speaking to it: ?What is your business with our clan, Camaasi??

At almost the same time, she could have sworn she heard another voice, strange and formal: "Might one Ancient join this gathering?"

Elisthia glanced around, searching for the source and finding no one?aside from herself and her siblings, only Bagheera and the Caamasi were here, and that voice did not belong to their visitor. She had not seen anyone else react to this voice, either, and it made her wonder if she had truly heard it at all. She was sure she had, but where had it come from?

She looked around once more, but still seeing nothing, she shifted her focus back to the Caamasi, and waited for him to answer Gallia?s question.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Sirak, (Mitth), Winged

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Togoria, Arrival Zone

"Not much of a great example for the supposed Togorian might," Susul replied while he pocketed the winnings that he had helped Malacoda acquire. "A world such as that can't possibly have stood up to the Rakata. I can see the barbarism that grips this place, their primitive lifestyle."

Again Susul took another look around while thinking back to what the holoprojector had shown him. Of the arena and even one of the opponents; the large, cybernetic creature included. Even that hinted to technology - if not society - vastly superior to what he could find here. The only technological machination he found her so far was the holoprojector.

"I see no use for a world such as this; of how it can serve as any importance to this Togorian Empire of yours." He pondered the idea. "Going by what I know of the Togorians so far, perhaps their homeworld is nothing more then a world for recruitment. Bodies. Nothing more."

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vic, Son of Hades
    Eastern Wing, Bunker, Hoth

"...Red man entering the Control Center...directly south of your position..."

"Interesting twist. Didn't expect our crimson liaison to actually use a door, although..." the Man Cub glanced around at his surroundings, and noticed the door a few paces back. "I think I've got a plan." He signaled to Arinna. "We're going to take opposite sides of the door. If he comes out, we ambush him. If not, we wait for Tarhunt to give us his location. If my memory serves there's a hallway inside this command center. If he turns and goes down that, we can rush him from behind."

As always, his expression remained fixed. But despite the noticeable chill, a faint trickle of perspiration trailed down the side of his face.

That was a tell. He would have to work to eliminate that.

25. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora
    Daughter of Ares

Calm and concentrated elora had resisted the lure to give in to luxury. she felt it would be a distraction. She had also made sure her brother and sister did not become suspicious of her. She had stayed as low in profile as anyhow possible. And once hse had talked to Lou, to most of the refugees and after a very brief polite chatter with hte host she had retreated to the top of the building. A simple meal she had catched from the buffet and took it from up there, breathing in and out as she allowed the planet to crawl into her newfound awareness. Tython was very alive. Very crowded with impressions in the force. It was hard to concentrate on one thing here. Much easier to deepen her bond with her telecinetic abilities . . . she called it that for the lack of a better word. Again hse resisted. The easier path had not been hers os far. she knew it wouldn´t be anytime soon. Making sure none of the others was nearby . . . her ability to sense those close ot her had sharpened enough to be aware of them at any time now. At least as long as they stayed that close. Making sure they were all following hteir own paths, she sat down and closed her eyes once more. She had spend most of her time in that position since Prakith. She had stayed most of her time in this state of mind, since slaying the monster.

And her mind began to wonder once more. She lifted slowly stones around her. It actually was not so much of an effort by now. It helped. and there she stayed. Unkseen, unknown to anybody else. She did not intend to explain herself. Or be corrupted by anything but calmness. All she wanted to do is listen. To the flow around her.

And she listend. Until a voice was heard. Someone had come for them. Someone who had this feel of destiny around himself.

Elora stood up and was surprised a day seemed to have passed. there was a danger in this trances. It obviously was very hard to keep track of time. Shaking her head she made her way down to the entrance. Nobody would wonder, everybody would think someone already told her. She did not stop at her weapons. No, not this time. Only her dagger remained at her side. The weapon she had killed Kahn with. A reminder of the power and where it could lead. A reminder to herself, to choose carefully where this power belonged.

Galia was there. Elisthia. Mischa. Everybody seemed to have gathered, already. Her brother was still missing. Obviously some dialogue was going on. It did not matter. Elora already knew she had to follow him. But there was no reason to harm her sister. The old rivalry between them meant nothing to her anymore. Actually they had barely spoken since they had met again. Elora had not thought about it until now. Then again she had learned so much, without asking her. She doubted words would do, anymore.

"Ready." She just said and threw her robe over her own shoulders. A simple brown robe. Then she looked at the Caamasi and back to her siblings. Allowing htem all to end their dialogue. if that was, what they wanted to.

Tag: Gang on Tython, Winged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.