main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *March 12, 2005 General Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Our next General Meeting will take place Saturday, March 12th at 4 P.M. at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave in Evansville. As always, any and all Tri-State Star Wars fans and visitors are invited to attend.

On the tentative agenda:

- Welcome to new members.

- Election of officers for 2005 Elections. Nathan, DeWayne and I are running unopposed. This should be fairy painless.

- Book Club Update.

- Spoiler Free Collecting Update.

- Midnight Madness Collectible release event for 4/2/05.

- Celebration 3 discussion.

Please post any other matters up for discussion, etc. here. :)

2. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    As explained in this thread, we need to discuss our plans for the RoTS opening. We need to get at least some preliminary plans locked down, so I'll know what to tell the newpaper when they come asking.

3. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I plan to be there. I'll bring something (an Unleashed figure, maybe) and set it out so we can all get together :)

See you all there!!

4. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I will be there.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I may be a little late because I have Drill this weekend. I'll see if I can't be released early if all of our training is over with for the day.

6. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I plan on being there.

7. -master-yoda-

-master-yoda- Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    I hope to make it. :)

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    While I am still in Dayton, I cannot attend. However, my best wishes go to you all (both old members and new!). Also, do not forget that March 12 1979 saw the first publication of the Russ Manning Star Wars strips in US newspapers!

Oh, and I was born.

9. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I won't be able to make it, as I'll be out of town this weekend.

-=joe=-

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Looking forward to tomorrow's meeting. Hope to see you all there!

11. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I am back in town and will be there!

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    What!
    None of my FanForce pals are going to wish me a happy Birthday? Or were you just going to have a party in my honor at Comic Quest (by the way, Jim is on standby with a cardboard box with my name on it for those who bring gifts)!
    Just teasing gang, all I want is sunshine. Have a fun meeting! Wish I was there, really. If you have ever been to Dayton, you'd wish you were anywhere!

MTFBWY
    Jammies

13. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Did someone forget to invite Jammies to his own party? Whoops. Oh well, more cake for us...

Happy Birthday Jammies.

Oh yeah, I actually plan to be at the meeting.

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Happy b-day Jammies!

Just don't lie about your age anymore :p

15. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Yeah, Happy B-Day there Jammies. Even though I don't really know you. Lol. But that doesn't make it any less a fantastic birthday for you.

Oh, and I'll be at the meeting. Looking forward to the first one.

16. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Happy B-Day Jammies, we had a great meeting in your honor. :)

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Well, Uncle Sam decided that my Military training was more important than Star Wars. :( Sorry I didn't make the meeting gang. Please keep me posted on the upcoming events. I know I'll be able to make it to them.

18. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Just wanted to say that the meeting was a lot of fun today and it was great getting to meet everyone!

19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Glad to hear all y'all had a great time. Thanks for coming, it was great! I could hear the singing all the way up North.

Thanks Guys:

MTFBWY
    Jammies

20. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    ^^Happy Birthday, Jammies!

Edric

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    G1Prowl posted on 3/12/05 6:30pm
    Well, Uncle Sam decided that my Military training was more important than Star Wars. [face_sad] Sorry I didn't make the meeting gang. Please keep me posted on the upcoming events. I know I'll be able to make it to them.
    [hr][/blockquote] I don't really like Uncle Sam. He's a drunk and he hits me :(

:p

22. lord_sixx

lord_sixx Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    hey great meeting you guts yesterday i came with zar valen
    yep the freak with the 2 tone hair and black finger nails
    my pretty little sith colors
    anyways had fun you guys are hilarous.
    well see ya ,
    lord sixx

23. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Meeting Notes for 3/12/05

6 members and 4 newbies were in attendance. The best showing we've had in awhile!

Officer Elections
    -Because neither Scott nor I could attend the January and February meetings, we had to postpone the elections until this meeting.
    -Scott, DeWayne, and I were running unopposed for our positions (President/CR, Webmaster, and Secretary/Treasurer respectively).
    -Adam moved that all officers be reelected, and Cole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, though Cole later said he should've abstained, just so I'd have to write that down. That makes Cole the master of abstinence!!!

Book Club Update
    -Darth Chromedomus (aka Adam) gave the update because he is returning to his position of BC emperor.
    -Because of the results of this poll, the BC has officially been moved to the last Thursday of the month. The time and location (6:30 P.M. at Borders) remains unchanged. The next meeting is 3/31.
    -Since no book was selected last time, the next meeting will more or less be a "gather and geek" meeting, with no particular book discussed. At the upcoming meeting, Adam will announce a reading schedule for the club through June or July.

Collecting Update
    -Mr. Self Destruct arrived just in time to give the update.
    -Only a few sneak preview E3 figures have been officially released, but some stores have put their main E3 figures out early. Several people reported seeing them at verious locations.
    -We will have an event for "Midnight Madness," the official release of E3 merchandise (see below).

Midnight Madness Event
    -The event is planned for Friday, 4/1, at 11:30 P.M. at the West Side Wal-Mart. Michael (Mr. Self Destruct), who is in charge, will arrive there at 11:00, and the toys go on sale at midnight. Our 501st members will attend in costume.
    -Master Yoda, who works there, has gotten us permission to do a few things. We can only take pictures after everything is set-up (set-up begins at 9:00). However, we won't be allowed to pass out flyers.
    -Michael said figures 1-40, as well as all of the Unleashed figures, should be out, but the other 16 figures are questionable.
    -Watch this thread for details.

Celebration 3
    -As mentioned many times before, the club has reserved two rooms, one for 4/19-4/24, the other for 4/21-4/24. Currently Scott, Cole, and I are down for the first, and Brandon (Zar Valen) and Keith (lord_sixx) are down for the other. There is still room, if anyone wants to join us.
    -We won't have a club table; we're just going for fun, and we'll have plenty of that. More details to follow.

Opening Event
    -Naturally, we will have an event for the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. The event is set to begin at 9:00 P.M. on 5/18 at Showplace East.
    -We'll plan on seeing the movie together as a club. The time of the showing will depend on what the theater wants to do with our armor-wielding members. They may need time to change after making their appearance.
    -We still need to know when tickets will be available and how we can all manage to get in the same showing.
    -We also don't know whether the movie will be released in Imax at midnight, and if any Imax version would be shorter than the main version of the movie, which will affect our decision as to which we see. We will make that decision once we know the answer.
    -After Adam left prematurely (which makes sense, as his wife says he's premature in lots of things :D), we volunteered him to use his theater contacts to find out the answers to these questions for us.
    -Stacky has volunteered to make food runs for members in line, if necessary.
    -As with AoTC, we plan on passing out flyers at the showing.
    -Pay attention to this thread for upcoming details.

Since I'm tired and not up to the challenge, and given the particular nastiness of the above insult, I won't make

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Darth_TKD posted on 3/14/05 12:56am

-After Adam left prematurely (which makes sense, as his wife says he's premature in lots of things [face_grin] )

[hr][/blockquote] I feel obliged to say 'you ****ing evil bugger' :p

25. TC517

May 14, 2001
    :eek: *Waits for Adam to kill Nathan in his sleep*

I googled "bald jokes", but I think you have outdone yourself this time. No bald jokes here... move along. Move along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.