main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March 2006 Meet: Sunday, March 26th at the Museum of Science Star Wars exhibit

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Alrighty, I know were still a couple of weeks away from our February meet, but I figured there was no harm getting a jump on the March meet.

Chris (Darth Lucanas) over on the Foxboro boards threw out the idea of having a dual meet on the 26th at the MOS SW Exhibit. To me this sounds like a great idea. Hopefully alot of you feel the same. Maybe afterwards we could all grab a bite over at the Galleria or maybe Faneuil Hall.Hopefully a few of the Rhode Squadron will be able to make it as well.

Let me know what you guys think...

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Sounds great to me. :D

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    How does meeting at 12 noon and going to the 1:00 exhibit ?

I have a link to buy tickets in advanceSW MOS 3/26/2006

This way if someone is late this should give plenty of time to have everyone there.

I am going to post a thread in the Northest Regional Forums to invite other chapters or anyone to attend with Boston,Providence,and Foxboro.

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    did you say... DUEL m33t? bring 'em lightsabers!!! sign me up!

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Bumpity bump to the tippity top yo! :D

6. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    can someone start compiling a list of attendees?

7. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Just a tip if you guys are planning to do this, have someone who is a museum member buy all the tickets, so you can get them for $3 instead of $20.

8. spideyguy0

Apr 28, 2005
    And I noticed you're inviting a bunch of different fan forces. Not sure how many people you think that'll be, but theres 110 tickets sold for every entry (new entry every 15 min), and 1 is always the first time to sell out and Sundays generally sell out the whole afternoon.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks for the info spideyguy0.

Maybe we should pre order sooner for the 1:00 time instaed of doing it once we arrive on the 26th of March.

spideyguy0 will you be attending?

You are welcome to attend and meet us all.

We are always looking forward to meeting people from the boards.

10. spideyguy0

Apr 28, 2005
    For sure do it before, do it like a few days before. Most of the day, and always the 1:00 time are sold out the night before for Sundays. I cant make it that day, got school stuff, but if anyone's ever at the exhibit on a Thursday, I'm there from 10-4 doing one of the demonstration carts spread throughout the exhibit. You can recognize me because I'm the only teenager who works there.

11. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    So members can buy as many tickets as they want for a particular time? I hope I read that right. If so it looks like I will need a list of who is all going. I do believe I am one of the few members on the boards. My wife and I got memberships just for the SW exhibit even though I have only been there once. lol I plan on going there a few more times before it is gone.

12. spideyguy0

Apr 28, 2005
    Members can buy as many as they want, but only 110 are sold for each 15 min.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That is good to know. Thanks for the insight.

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just put in my ticket order. My friend Ed (not DarthMoby [face_laugh] ) will also be coming. :D

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    You can add me to that list Jorge.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Mike I added you to the list. So far I have Chris, Jim, Mike, and myself that I need to buy tix for. I have at least 3 people coming with me as well. For a total of at least 7.

If anyone else that is going and wants me to pick up a discounted ticket let me know by March 10th. I will order them on March 11th. If you know you are going for sure please let me know either by posting in the thread or sending me a pm. I will only buy for people that are serious about going, because I don't want to get stuck with tickets that I can't use.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm going to post a thread on the New Hampshire board with a link here to see if any of those guys are interested in joining us. :)

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Also, any harm in announcing this meet in the Regional boards on the official site? We might even attract a few new members that way. :)

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Chris has already posted it in the Regional and NH boards. I think he might have done it Rhode Island as well.

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I knew he had Providence, and I forgot Chris had posted in NH. I asked to have my NH thread locked. I still think it might be a good idea to announce it on the official site (starwars.com) boards.

21. gimli_dwarf

gimli_dwarf Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    Hi Guys,

I´ve posted in another thread that I´ll be attending that day together with my GF. So Chewie if it´s possible then it would be great if you could get us those tickets too.

We´re flying in 2 days before that from vienna/austria and looking forward to meet ya´ll.

greetz
    christian

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will add two more to my list. I think the total so far from the boards is 6 and I need 3 for my friends. Looks like we could have a decent size turnout for this event.

23. gimli_dwarf

gimli_dwarf Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    Great if that thing with the tickets works out : )
    tell me if i can paypal you the money in advance or if you want to be paid in good chocolate for your troubles.

regarding how you´ll ind me. i´ll be there in time and i´ll be wearing a kansas city chiefs hat.

if there is a good meeting spot then tell me ahead of time

cya
    c

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear you'll be coming g_d. Look forward to meeting you.

As for a meeting place, I haven't been to the MOS in a long time and I'm not really sure where the entrance to the exhibit is. I guess we could meet at the main ticket desk in the lobby. If anyone has a better suggestion please feel free to offer it up.

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, the main lobby is a good place to meet up. That's where we met up for the Lord of the Rings exhibit in Aug. '04 and the ticket kiosks are pretty close by. I plan on wearing one of my Boston Rebels t-shirts, over a long-sleeve shirt if I have to, if anyone needs to find me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.