main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Master Replica Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Picked up both EP3 Anakin and ESB Vader fx lightsabers at toys r us market mall. So if your looking run to toys r us to pick one up.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    How much was it?

3. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    They are $149.99 plus tax but they are really awesome worth it if you are a hardcore fan who's always wanted a lightsaber. Can't wait for the Mace Windu and ROTJ Luke in the fall.

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh that's a great deal! I'll have to call Chinook Hobby and see if they've got theirs in yet (got a couple on reseve there).

5. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Just curious what they were there cause I heard price can vary depending on the store. When they first came out the ranged from $120-$149 so just wondering.

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    149.99 at toy r us on macleod trail. They got 12 sabers total. 4 anikin and 8 vader. That was as of Noon today.
    Ryan

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The three that I have, I bought from Master Replica's online. Anakin EP2 cost $119 US (plus shipping). Vader ESB and Luke ROTJ were on sale for $99 US each (plus shipping). $150 CDN is pretty cheap considering.
    I called Chinook Hobby today - they haven't got theirs in yet. I'm down for the Anakin EP3 and the Mace Windu one, but I may just have to hit ToysRUs to check them out - I can't wait much longer!!

8. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Both TRS at McLeod and Market Mall are sold out of Anakin Force FX Sabers. :(

McLeod TRS has 7 Darth Vader ESB Force FX Sabers left, FYI.

If anyone can find out when Chinook Hobbycraft gets in the Anakin Force FXs, please let me know ASAP. I have a DV ANH ForceFX and I want a blue Anakin.

Thanks,

Leland

9. It_Figures_

It_Figures_ Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Chinook Hobby needs to pay more attention to the fan base around here! They weren't even going to bother bringing in the FX Lightsabers until we pushed them into it. ;D

10. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Yeah...I checked out Toys-R-Us on Macleod a couple of days ago. The manager told me she could not believe they got so few sabers, and only four blue. They should get some more in about a month..so she said. Chinook hobby was very disapointing ...The guy at the till was not very interested in discussing the sabers. You know considering how much money SW fans spend in their store (including myself) he should take more of an interest!

11. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    I was thinking of picking one up but at the moment it is a little out of the budget, so i decided to start modeling one :)

[image=http://www.geocities.com/niteshift_2003/lukesaber.jpg]

12. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Cool,nice saber. It is a very good model! Most Toys are us should be getting more of those sabers (according to the staff I talked to), over the next month if anyone is interested.

13. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    just wondering but I'm a very good friend with Rob the owner of chinook hobbies and hes been looking into get lightsabers in for almost a year now. Ans soon they'll be showing up there as well. He just signed a contracted with master replica to carry all of there stuff. I know I'm done for getting one of each but if you want them you need to put your name down on the list.

14. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    I have put my name down for one so far at chinook hobby. They said the next shipment that isn't spoken for should be here in about three weeks.

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I've had my name down for 4 weeks for any shipment. But still nothing. I picked up a vader saber for my dad's friend at toys r us. I had a vader on hold at chinook for me for my dad as well. so if anybody wants a vader saber you can get the one on hold for me when it comes in.
    R.

16. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    thats not Robs fault master replica was slow to send them out but they should be in shortly.

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah, been talking to Rob about those shipments too. I'm down for a couple as well - I hope he gets them in soon. I bought an Anakin one from TRU, but haven't opened it yet as I'm down for the Anakin and Mace sabers at Chinook. But I bought it because I JUST HAD to have it - so when the shipment comes into Chinook, I'll have an extra Anakin saber that I'll either return or sell if someone wants it.

18. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    At first I picked up and Anikin from TRU. We opened it on saturday to try it when my dad showed up and it didn't work at all. Wouldn't turn on. So I had to exchange it for a Vader.

19. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I might just buy it from you echosevin - or let me know if you end up with an extra vader one... I think I'm finally breaking down and opening the wallet!

20. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I'll buy it for sure. PM me.

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Hopefully Chinook'll be getting their stock in soon, so I'll let you guys know about the extra one.
    SithatHeart - trust me! It's worth the moola! It's the coolest toy/collectible you can own! The new ones are really amazing too. I happened to meet one of Ryan's co-workers at TRU when I was picking up the Anakin saber. He bought the Vader one and upacked it in the store, to have a better look at it. He even let me hold it - it's so light and the balance is wonderful. Really, REALLY cool!
    I have the earlier model Vader saber and I noticed that they changed the hilt on this newer edition. Just minor changes, but I may have to buy one of those too!

22. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I like the ANH Vader that I have better than the new one(ESB) Vader. The new one is way lighter but it feels ackward holding it. When we got home from exchanging the Anikin (that didn't work) for a Vader I compared them side by side. The blade on the new style is alot brighter then the older saber. I was reading that they are using alot brighter LED's now. The new hilt is about 1/2 inch shorter as well. The activator box is centered on the ESB and the grips go right upto the box. On the ANH the box is off to the left and the grips are shorter.

Ryan

23. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Sadly my wallet is still in a bacta tank from it's ordeals at Westercon.

They are pretty cool though. Hmm.. I don't need to eat, right?

-R

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Sandcrawler,
    check your PM's. The Anakin saber is yours...;)

25. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Just a heads up that Spencers is now carrying the Force FX Anakin and Vader sabers for $150.00

I think most people already have theirs, but one never knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.