main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MASTER REPLICAS ANAKIN FX SABER PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JORJ_CARDAS, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm very glad I cancelled mine, I'm saving up for a decent lightsaber.

2. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Well, mine finally shipped and I should have it Saturday.

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    How did you purchase yours, from MR or Amazon?

4. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    From MR direct. I probably will never shell out 300+ for a static replica. My next purchase will be either the Vader FX or a Parks. I most certainly want to try a Parks though.

I'm pissed beyond belief that this won't be here for Halloween, even though MR led me to believe so via Email and Phoncon.

**Shrugs** Well Jeff Parks, you just won another customer without me even trying one of your sabers. At least you come out up front and say 12 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY!!!

Rant Done.

5. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, most saber makers can are honest on how long (emphasize on the "long") it will take them to deliver, MR on the other hand...

6. DARTH_STARKILLA

DARTH_STARKILLA Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    Edited for inappropriate language.

Please review the JC Terms of Service if you have any questions.

7. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    Bandit-Jedi: the problem with your FX sabers is the battery compartment. I myself had a problem with alkaline, the saber acted funny and shut of or didnt work unless you messed with the housing. the directions say use alkaline only. i dont know if they literally meant that but when i installed some rechargeable nihm batteries it wouldnt work at all.

we afte rinspecting it i realized it had to do with the deviders between the batterys to only allow the tip of the batteries to connect, and on rechargeables like my nihm they are very flush compared to alkaline throw aways. so i cut the deviders out. it was very easy and took 5 min. be careful and have patients. i used a very small wirecutter to cut them out and you cant even tell i did it or that they were there. anyway that solved the problem and it works flawlessly now with both types of batteries.

it is a very bright blade and worth every penny! i wouldnt want a saber that doesnt make any sounds. what would be the point. i want to feel like a jedi, and sorry but i think sound is just as important as visual...... hence home theaters.

I have had mine for 2 months....... beat the crap out of it. have hit it on walls , corners of tables...etc it can take a beating! even had a dual with a friend and no problems or damage. id rather lose $130.00 than $250.00 if it broke. plus when it dies it isnt a bad display piece.

im waiting to hear someone attempt to take off the blade. would be cool to be able to remove it when you want to display.

tonight the kids will be flocking me to see me dressed as a jedi with ny lightsaber.

have fun guys!

8. DARTH_STARKILLA

Oct 31, 2002
    i loath you for having your lightsaber i want to play with mine arghhhhhhhhhh!!!! you lucky lucky man... anyway i just don't like the all the delays in shiping other than that i would agree with you on the sound and the look and knowing it's not a rip off but the real deal lucasfilm okayed means something to me. i should have mine soon and i look forward to the darth vader one as well. i've wanted a real looking lightsaber since i was a young boy i just can't wait to get it. so have fun for all of tonight all of unlucky poor bastards that did'nt get there's go out there and think of us all and if i see you i'll punch out if your having too much fun. just kidding thanks for the info about the saber though now i want mine even more

9. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    My ship date might be tomorrow, thats what amazon says. I hope so. =(

10. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    its alot of fun and i cant see getting bored with it.

I went trick or treating with my daughted lastnight dressed in my jedi costume and my MR lightsaber. well to say the least the kids thought the saber was really cool.

I will post a pic later but the coolest thing lastnight was answering the door dressed in my jedi costume with my MR saber and my interactive r2-d2 standing beside me as I answered the door for trick or treaters., that was the fun of the night as all the kids said i loooked awsome and my lightsaber was really nice and the biggest kick they got was watching me and r2 talk to eachother and him do stuff that i say. he was a big hit. i had my wife take a pic of me my saber and r2-d2 standing beside me. really cool!!!!!! i felt like such a jedi it was a young kids dream come true standing there looking at myself dressed as i was with a saber and r2. how dream like.

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm sorry guys, but I am so f'ing pissed. I check my order status with Amazon, and its delayed again until DEC. Well I go to sears.com and they are selling it for $89.99 and ready for delivery. So I say cool, cancel the one on Amazon and go to Sears. I click the buy, opps they are out of stock and the sales end on 11/2/2. I cant even pre-order the thing to lock in the price. I cant take this crap anymore, I've had this on order since may, I pretty much dont want it anymore.

Edit: Ive decided that I'm not getting this. I rather put my money into something that I know I'll get better satisfaction from. This has just been a world of frustration. Owell.

12. DARTH_STARKILLA

Oct 31, 2002
    HEY I WILL BE GETTING MINE FROM THIS SELLER ON EBAY HE'S REALLY GOOD HE'S BEEN HONEST WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME AND MINE IS COMING ANY DAY NOW. HE'S EXPECTING THIS SHIPMENT IF YOU GET HIM FROM HIM ON THIS AUCTION MID NOVEMBER http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1577138551 , ALSO HE HAS MORE THAN ONE ON AUCTION. HIS WEBSITE IS WWW.TOYNK.COM

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thats cool that you might be getting it soon, BUT, dont hold your breath. if the major vendors arnt getting it until Dec now, this guy might not be either.

14. DARTH_STARKILLA

Oct 31, 2002
    GO TO THAT WEBSITE HE HAS THEM I'M GETTING MINE NEXT WEEK.

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thanks, but not for $129.00. Other sites are selling them for under $100. I guess I'll have to wait, just very frustrating to get this thing.

16. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    LAY OFF THE CAPS LOCK DUDE, CAPS LOCK IS VERY ANOYING, IT MAKES PEOPLE THINK THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING WHEN IT IS QUITE LATE AT NIGHT AND PEOPLE WILL GET MAD FOR MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. DARTH_STARKILLA

Oct 31, 2002
    OH GROW UP, THIS IS THE WAY I TYPE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT "DUDE"

18. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    I personally never understood the caps lock gripe, how the hell can you yell with bigger letters ? big or small its letters and i read them not speak them. but complain as you were......

19. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Right, well back to the actual subject of this thread. I finally got mine Friday. Here are a couple pics, I'll get my review up tomorrow.

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/36151919/bc/My+Photos/DSC_0090.jpg?bc7th79ALCVno_fo]

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/36151919/bc/My+Photos/DSC_0091.jpg?bc7th79AUGwxUsph]

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/36151919/bc/My+Photos/DSC_0096.jpg?bc7th79AxiFG8GaN]

20. SithLord328

SithLord328 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    I hate to say this, but your blade looks like its got something wrong with it. It looks white instead of blue. Hope that its just the picture.

21. CrimsonK

CrimsonK Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    I think its because he is in a pretty lit room.

Matter of fact, I sorta prefer the white as its similar to Lukes Empire Strikes Back saber.

22. JORJ_CARDAS

May 7, 2002
    Alright, sorry about yesterday. I wanted to get a review up of this thing, but work called, and the same old yada yada commenced. I got the pics up so you could see some new ones, now time for the review.

First, mine arrived via FedEx, and one day earlier than they predicted. It comes in your typical brown colored box with 'Fragile'(must be Italian ;) ) stickers all over it. The Master Replicas box itself looks exactly like the pics I'm sure you all have seen around the web. Like everyone else has said, the packaging is stellar. Lots, and lots of styrofoam) Wrapped in a plastic bag is the saber itself; and laid on top of all that are the instructions, warranty, spring 2003 catalog (no nothing new in it) and a sheet of FAQ.

Getting it out of the box, takes little more than a Kindergarten education, and the instructions are pretty damn straight forward. Before we get to battery installation and other things, lets talk about a couple issues that have come up lately. First, the hilt is indeed metal, for a couple reasons, it's hard and cold like metal, and it's heavy as metal. Trust me when you get yours you'll see what I mean.

The blade is very sturdy, and seems to be firmly installed into the hilt. Yes it is possible to take apart (as seen on other threads/sites) It didn't feel really loose to me. There was a bit of rattling when you whack the blade against something (more on that latter)
    The hilt is a bit more than a foot long, and fairly big around. Not as much as say a Hasbro, but big enough. Not so much though that it feels like a toy. This does not in any way feel, look, or act like a children's toy.

Getting the batteries installed is very simple and I can see why people have run into problems unscrewing the bottom section to access the battery housing. The instructions say to loosen the screw, but not all the way out. What they fail to mention (or I just missed it in my rush to get the thing working) is that the screw is nearly an inch long, and you have to back it out about 3/4 of an inch showing to unlock the thing. When you do that it comes off very smoothly. When you do this, hold it so the blade his pointing towards the sky though. Black shavings from the plastic control box band will fall. From what I've read if you hold it blade down, you'll get these shavings in your blade. Hold it blade up, brush off any loose shavings, and everything should be good.

The battery housing is indeed fragile feeling, but I got the distinct impression that since is was hooked to the speaker, that it also serves as a motion sensor for movements that I'll get into in a second. It's not brittle, but it does seem to have a bit of play, so use caution installing the batteries. Getting it back together, just reverse the process. (In fact that's what MR's instructions say too)

When you turn it on the saber activation sound we all know and love (sometimes called a snap-hiss) syncs with the lighting of the blade. BRIGHT. That's all I have to say. My family and friends constantly asked if it was a fluorescent light bulb. During the daytime, outdoors, nothing. Indoors during the day, it all depends on relation to a window, and sunlight. However, indoors under artificial light, or outdoors at dusk or night.....lookout! Very Cool looking. It will light up a completely dark room. As for color, the pix don't do it justice. BLUE, BLUE, BLUE!!! Not blue-green, not aqua, not even cerulean....just Blue. Looks great.

Sound. First thing you should know (if you don't already) is that the soundboard needs a couple seconds to load up upon activation. What I mean by that is, yes you get the activation sound and the idol hum, but you have to give it a couple seconds (4-6 average) before you can swing it to hear the pitch change, and the clash.
    The movement pitch change....at least on mine is flawless. Absolutely flawless. Something that I noticed about this is it's a bit like a car, needs to be broken in. That first day, the sound was a bit stiff on response. However, after a weekend of pla

23. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Great review. I might replace my order after I move into my house next month. Maybe by then, Amazon, sears will have it back up for purchase.

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Yes, that was an awesome review Jorg. You covered every question I had about the saber.

25. DARTH_STARKILLA

Oct 31, 2002
    WHICH BOARDS SHOW YOU HOW YOU REMOVE THE BLADE, JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.