main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Max Payne 3: A Bad Day in L.A.

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Chapter I, Part II: The Politics of Dancing

Max Payne
    Streets of Farmington

I feel the eyes on me, as I leave the Barn. I fele the cops and their despise. Feel Mackey´s hate trying to burn a hole into my back by peircing it with gazs. And I do not care. not because I don´t feel like I deserve it. No, i am not the murderer they look for. But surely a killer. Too much blood on my hands. A few drops must have been innocent. Added to the mix. But I know such thoughts are distractions and distraction gonna kill me. And I am not yet ready to die. not after what the girl told me. Where I find this girl with these many names. And I actually begin to guess her real one.

"Oh Max, Max, Max, have no fear Payne is here!" Lem´s voice still laughs in my ears. Friends. Enemies. The line got blurry. I still feel the taste of cherry and blood mix, as I embrace Mona for a final time. The gun weighs heavy in my hand. And I am on my way to use it. Calling a cab, it´s a black limousine coming to a stand next to me instead. I look at the darkened window and wait for it to lower. It does not disappoint me. I know the guy. From the news. From the papaers. Philip mordell. Yo8ungest DA ever. Hotshot. future president of the world, if his euphoric fans are to be believed. a young, eely peice of slime. I can see that with a first look.

"Can I help you?" I ask and another chain of events is set in motion. Nobody knows who is the last domino piece to fall. But we all try to be that last one standing.

Tag: Draco, Guest???

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
  3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    So yes, we are back in business. In the middle of January Max Payne will return and with him LordTroepfchen and if anybody out there who originally asked for a guest role is still interested (and let´s get this clear I am not as arrogant to expect you to, considering you had to wait for ages) please feel free to contact me.

Meanwhile: I am happy we will bring this to a worthy end.

4. TheMaxPayne

TheMaxPayne Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2011
    Chapter I, Part II: The Politics of Dancing

Max Payne
    Streets of Farmington

I feel the eyes on me, as I leave the Barn. I feel the cops and their despise. Feel Mackey´s hate trying to burn a hole into my back by piercing it with his feverish gaze. And I do not care. Not because I don´t feel like I deserve it. No, I am not the murderer they are looking for. But I am surely a killer. I killed. Too much blood is on my hands to wash it away in one lifetime. A few drops must have been innocent. Added to the mix for the falvour. But I know such thoughts are distractions and distraction gonna kill me. And I am not yet ready to die. Not after what the girl told me. Where I find this other girl - the one we are all looking for - with these many names. And I actually begin to guess her real one.

"Oh Max, Max, Max, have no fear Payne is here!" Lem´s voice still laughs in my ears. Friends. Enemies. The line got blurry. I still feel the taste of cherry and blood mix, as I embrace Mona for a final time to kiss her. The gun weighs heavy in my hand. And I am on my way to use it. Pushing it into my belt and wondering if Mackey will try to get it back or just report it missing, I leave the fence that surrounds the barn behind me and raise my hand to call a taxi. A cab, as these guys in L.A. call it.

Calling a cab, but it´s a black limousine coming to a stand next to me instead. I look at the darkened window and wait for it to lower. It does not disappoint me. I know the guy staring at me. This young man with these incredibly ambitious eyes. From the news I know his face. From the papers I leanred his name. Philip mordell. Youngest DA ever. Hotshot. Future president of the world, if his euphoric fans are to be believed. A young, eely piece of slime. I can see that with a first look. But I know such men and I know they are dangerous to cross. Something inside of me hates myself for not caring. "Not one of those guys to enter a limousine for a few bucks, Sir." I say with a tone like acid. He is not impressed. I can´t even imagine how an impressed face would look, if he tried to make one.

"Can I help you?" I ask then and another chain of events is set in motion. Like a chain of domino pieces. Nobody knows who is the last domino piece to fall. But we all try to be that last one standing.

[image=http://hifigeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/max_payne.jpg]

Tag: Draco

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Draco and MaxPayne approved use of Max

Philip Mordell
    Limousine in front of the Barn

He waited patiently, his eyes just looking at the New York cop with indifference. "Actually I think you can." He said then and gave him a smile and a nod. A gesture told Mr. Payne to enter the car."We´re both looking for Elena, are we? And wer both running out of time. Considering the opposition you just had to deal with, I suppose so is she." Payne seemed to thin about it for a long moment, then he opened the door and sat into the car. Mordell allowed the window to close and then gestured to the third man sitting with them in the car. "This is Officer Colme. He is providing me security in these difficult times. Necessary, but not for long hopefully. He is absoluel trustworthy. So let´s get straigt to th point Are you aware why everybody wants thes two girls? Mr. Payne?" Mordell folded his hands before his stomach and eyed the opposite man. Payne still seemed to try and look through him. The eyes of the man were irritating. A feverish cold was in them. A driven man. And a man who had seen to much.

"The girls possess something. Something that could be to West Coast crime, what the nuclear bomb was for Hiroshima." He said it as if he was offering a drink. But he leaned forward to have a better view on Payne´s reaction. "And those who would like to see her vanish will do everything in their power to make that happen. ANYTHING, Mr. Payne."

Tag: Max

6. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    [image=http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2008/09/prideandglory2.jpg] Officer Jordan Colme [image=http://www.kinoweb.de/film2001/LostSouls/pix/ls9.jpg] Philip Mordell

7. TheMaxPayne

Mar 2, 2011
    Max Payne
    Car

So this was another one of those cases where nobody could be trusted and nothing was for certain, except he would be out there alone. Or with untrustworthy allies at best. Allies like the rich DA, who was climbing all the way to the governor´s office on the back of some girl, who had the bad luck to stumble over crucial information. Max looked out the window, as the car began to move again.

?I guess then it would be better, if I found her first, right?? He dryly commented on the issue. The DA leaned back and stayed silent. For a moment the three men were locked in this situation like in a Mexican stand-off where everybody had forgot to draw his guns. Only then Max sighed. ?I met an English woman who was after her, too. She is dead now. And there is a Cop who seems to be interested in finding her, so the Cops are not to be trusted either. Well, I guess you know that. Otherwise we wouldn´t have this conversation in private, right??

His gaze returned to the window. Then he spitted out his last words. ?I gotta lead. But I won´t share it with anyone, at this point.? He added and he was sure he saw the DA smile. Or was it just in his head? Hard to tell.

?If you throw me out somewhere downtown, I can probably get you your girl, that will make you a hero.? Payne had no choice with allies. If the DA was not to be trusted, he was done. Then finding the girl would be no help. There would be no place where he could bring her, anyway.

Tag: Draco, Fin

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Philip Mordell
    Limo, Somewhere in L.A.

"I really think you misjudge the situation, Mr. Payne." Philip Mordell turned his head towards the window and sighed. The neon street-signs of a million brands crossed his view melting into a violent bright line of yellow and orange. "I took down some of the most dangerous men in L.A. and declared war on their superiors. Whoever is on the upper part of the ladder in organized crime, Russians, Albanians, Cubans, Politicians. They are all after me. So this one is pretty simple. I take them down, all of them. Or they take me down. The laws of the jungle. I think you are quite familiar with them, aren´t you, Mr. Payne?" He turned his face back to his guest. The car stopped just outside a phone cell. "Downtown. As you wished for. Anything I can do for you?" He knew Payne. Knew these eyes. The kind off man behind them. A killer. A man of honor. Broken but honest. Untouchable, because nothing to loose meant nothing to gainn. Payne would not stop until dead. And if his resumé indicated anything then it was, that this man was hard to kill. Hard to kill indeed. "Otherwise I can only wish you good luck."

Tag: MaxPayne

9. TheMaxPayne

Mar 2, 2011
    Max Payne
    Downtown L.A.

I look out of the window and I feel the sickening truth behind his words. Indeed I know the laws this man is obeying to. I know them all to well. I imagine Mordell was shocked, frightened when he realized the truth. That this was not about career. This was about survival. For me it was never about career.

"Thank you."

Only survival. And survived I have. I survived two women I loved, a child, all my friends. I survived two wars I started. The secret circle. Seven gunshot wounds. Eleven attempts. I survived New York. I am not sure if I will survive L.A..

"I am fine." I leave the limo and wait until it is gone. Only then I enter a cab. It stinks. The smell of people who sat here before me and alcohol fill my nose. The driver is from Iran. Looks like homeland security posterboy. Wanted. Then agan, I might make a pretty good WANTED picture, too. "You know a club called politics?" I ask the man he smiles a broad artifical smile. Then he nods with far too much enthusiasm. "Get me there." I sigh and grab a cigarette from jacket. He protests, but a portrait of Mr. Grants makes him shut up.

As he drives on I look out into the filthy, dark streets of the City of Angels. Cheap whores offer their services. Young guys from a dozen different countries deal their stuff. Cops watching them, doing nothing. Music. Steam from the shafts leading to speeding subways. I feel like I am suffocating. I feel like I can finally breathe. The best cure for asthma, someone once told me, is a bullet to the lung. The hole hurts, but the spasm in your throat vanishes. Yoou can breathe out freely and only when you feel that satisfaction, you realize that breathing is doesn´t work anymore.

Cruel jokes death plays oon all of us.

My headache is becoming worse.

The gun seems to be more heavy.

And good old death, my constant comrade in my trravelling through the night . . . leans a little closer. So I can smell his foul breath.

Not yet. Not yet.

Tag: GM

10. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: i was meant to GM Chapter 3 and 4, but okay. I´ll take over now. I am familiar with the plans and you don´t let Max Payne wait . . . and surely not in bullet time. Bullet tiiiiimeeeee.

The Politics
    Somewhere in L.A.

It was not exactly the club one would have expected a young girl to hide in with a child. It was actually the last place, making it an even better place to hide. The Politics was build inside an old abandoned factory building. A huge multi-level club for techno-music. Importing some of the finest electronic talents from around the world. And it was guarded like a fortress. It even had it´s own army. Bikers. The Avengers were one of the newer but most feared biker-clubs on the westcoast. They were also the one owning the club since the former owner had decided to run away from . . . an unknown threat. Now they were the bosses and hell, they did not hide that fact. Not one bit. Boner, their leader made sure at every point there were at least seven of his men near the door. That night it were ten. Ten guys in leather and with barely hidden guns. Each one tall like a norse god of legend. Muscles at every visible inch of their body.

To have a pleasant contrast to this rather intimidating security team the "Politics" employed some of the most beautiful waitresses of the planet. One of those was bringing the guards outside a beer, as they beat up a young male - possibly a student - who had dared to show a lack of respect to these beautiful ladies.

"Your kind is not welcome here." The huge man guarding the door barked at Max as he came closer.

11. TheMaxPayne

Mar 2, 2011
    Max Payne
    Nearing the Club "The Politics"

A graveyard for the youth. I try to remember if there was ever a time when I enjoyed places like that. Maybe. A long time ago. The bouncer doesn´t want me in. No surprise. "I got a batch or a gun. I can use any or both to get in. But the funny thing is, I am not here to use any. Got it?" I stare up into the mans eyes. Somehow the feeling is haunting me, that I will find her here. Why is it important?

"Step aside. To do us both a favour." I say, still staring into the taller mans eyes.

Tag: GM

12. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    The Politics
    Outside

The Giant looked down on Max and then nodded. Moving aside he pushed the door open and held it that way. Showing his teeth in something that looked like a grin but showed too little humor to be one he nodded inside, from where the deafening sound of electronic beats was humming into the night. "The badge got you in. if you have any funny ideas, don´t expect it to get you out, pal."

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Directly . . . and combined with everybody having a say here.

Max Payne
    The Politics

I look up to the huge man and raise a brow. "Why do you think I brought the gun, hm?"

Entering the club. The sound of music is deafening. Hammering into my brain like bullets from a gun. The crowd inside is different from what I expected. Bikers own the club, but Bikers are obviously not the target audience. This club is for clubers. Youth wasted. I still wonder when I became disgusted by those seeking joy. Or is it the cheap nature of their fun, riding waves of euphoria in an ocean of syntethic drugs?

[image=http://s13.podbean.com/image-logo/1/59146_logo.jpg] [image=http://jeffthedancer.webs.com/dance-club-1.jpg] [image=http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/215444/retro-club-techno-lights.gif]

A man with white makeup approaches me, as I enter the inner core of the place. He extends his tongue and screams something to me in a voice I do not understand. Maybe it is not my language. Hell. Maybe it is no language at all. I wave him away and try to focus my eyes through the green blinding neon light that soaks in all the details of the place. No sign of Elena. But someone is looking at me. A guy. He wears no shirt anymore and is dancing. But something about him seems not to be right. He is not high. He is not absent. he is not ecstatic. His eyes are concentrated. Am I paranoid?

Hell yeah. If I am anything, I am paranoid.

My hand touches the plastic of my guns grip and I turn. No need to give him a longer view than necessary. The clown still dances around me. "GET LOST!" I shout to him, but he isn´t hearing me. As I am not hearing him. Then he openes his hand, his white gloves opening and allowing me to look inside. Blue pills lie there. Three. I look at him and back at hte pills. the cops have taken my painkillers. And it won´t be long, before I do feel the need for them. I sigh and take them, handing him fifty dollars and do not wait for the change. Allowing them to drop into my pocket I pass the crowd. If I was hunted by half of the world, I would not dance. I would hide in as corner.

And there she is. Frightened. Cowering in her corner, her legs drawn to her body. Before he sits a man in leather clothing. he talks to her, waving his hands. she seems to be not reacting. I feel adrenaline pumping into my veigns. I found her. My steps begin to accelerate. My body tensions. Everything inside of me feels like i need to hurry. Why?

The call it the feel. Sometimes you got it. The other times you´re dead.

My head turns to the right. Why? I do not know. Why do I take my eyes of her, giving her the opportunity to escape my view? Simple. Because THE FEEL tells me to. And there he is. His clothing is noth exactly fitting, his face looks like he got no fun standing around here. And his hand touches his ear. His ear. No, it touches the earphone he has there. To contact his men. I can read his lips. I know that word too well.

"Pain."

Or more liekly.

"Payne."

the kick from the dancer takes me by surprise. So much for my fabled feel. I hit hte floor and see the tatooed man in a perft karate stance, laughing at me and begining with a quick sidestep his way towards my body. He raises his leg to crush it down into my body and then he dies. The gun has leaped into my hand. Or have I drawn it? three shots hit the guy before his can even realize he is dead. Get up.

Somewhere in my brain the incredible cooincidence of these guys finding her the same moment I find her registers for further review. Once I survived the club.

As I get up to my feet I feel a burning pain to my side and stumble. I raised my gun and shoot into the air. Hoepfully to make people scatter. Another shot hits next to me, crushing through bottles of cheap mexican beer. I raised my head and see Mr- Earphone approaching. The burning pain was a shot. He hit me in the side. Probably I am dead. Probably I am dying. I do not care. Instead I raised my

14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    The Politics
    Shoot out

The man with the gun followed Max right towards the girls. Pointing the gun at Max back of his head. He pulled the trigger and only a civilian stumbling between them saves Payne. The civilians leg probably won´t be saved anyway. Then Elena came into view. The man in leather next to her. The guy sees them, screams something and pulls an UZI from under his jacket. Elena cries. Screams. The man dies. Mr. Earphone, actually called Markus, hits him three times. Twice chest. Once head. Before he is down all hell breaks loose. The dopeheads around here finally get it. They are in a firefight. They scream, they run. Markus can´t get a lcear line of shot. A quick glance reveals what he has feared all along. A small army of guards come from all sides. Rockers. Wielding guns of all sorts.

"Everybody come in. Leave nobody alive." He orders his men, shoots one biker closer to him with a Desert Eagler and turns back to Max Payne. Depsite masses of people between him and the target, he begins to pull the trigger. Again, and again and again and again . . .

Tag: LordTroepfchen

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne
    The Politics

Mr. earthpiece is trigger happy. And the blood begins to spread on the floor like a metaphoric sign of the doom I have brought to this place. Crimson doom.

the leather-wearing protector of elena is dead. So am I if I don´t get out of here soon. I grab her arm and scream at her. "GO!" I yell and drag her along, turning. I am not as cold as my pursuer. Not yet, at least. The civilians don´t give me any good shot. The just keep on hurling around as shots hit them. Then another sound of the drums of exploding cartirdges fills the rooms. It comes from the door. And I see what you did least expect in a rathole like this. Cleaners. With guns, assault rifles and shotguns. "is there another exit?" I yell to Elena, who seems to feel so comfortable aorund here. "IS THERE?" No answer from her as she cries and her hands over her ears makes it a bit haqrd to communictae. Well, I got an army coming through the front and a crazy bastard coming from behind. I decide to do the number games and push he into cover, as I stand up. the lights are out, but the strobo light of a hundred shots lighten the scene well enough. People run screaming through the room. Blood and wounded are everywhere.

I see Mr. Earpiece and I take aim. The world seems to slow down. Bamm! Hammer, chamber, slide, shell, ammo. And again. The hammer hits the chamber and the explosion forces the bullet out ofthe barrel. In endless beauty I see the hurling shell being pushed out of the gun, as the slide violently rushed back. As it speeds forth the next bullet is taken from the magazine and into the chamber again. And a third. the shots are so loud, my ears have stopped funtioning. My finger and eyes build a unit now. And I don´t breath, my heart doesn´t beat. My brain doesn´t work. I am dead and death is all I spread. Earpeice shots back once. I almsot see the bullet and the little waves it makes pass me. Then my bullet hits his shoulder. He stumbles but never find his balance back, as a second hits his chest. the third seals what is already obvious ans kills what electromagnetic activity remains in his brain by hitting it and scattering the pieces of the skull on the dancefloor.

Before he hits the ground I already turn. People leap through my shooting field. I patiently wait for them to pass, as I grab Elena. And I shot. Again. Hammer, chamber, slide, shell, ammo. And again. Hammer, chamber, slide, shell, ammo. And again. Hammer, chamber, slide, shell, ammo. I finally hiss out air and shove the young skinny girl towards the back door. she needs to find her way through the panicking masses. i am busy killing guys with guns. three of the cleaners collapse. A fifth shot leaves my gun and the world seems to grow slower again. Mr. earpiece lies beneath me and I try to duck down, as an assault rifle pulls thirty bullets of glowing lead into the room. I grab the gun of Mr. Earpiece. And keep on firing with mine. I think I have hit a civilian. Nothing I can do about that anymore. My place in hell is reserved anyway.

The glock wanders into my belt and I grab an extra clip from him, then a shotgun kills the girl crying next to me. I turn up and give another three shots. All leave my gun in incredible slow speed and allow me to follow them on their journey into the attackers chest. a man in leathery clothes. One of the guards. they can´t keep us apart anymore. Neither can I tell who is friend or foe. I start to run and my world resumes normal speed. Elena made it. Somehow she made it to the back entrance. but it is sealed with a chain. a single shot and it is open. I turn around and see the remaining Cleaners hurrying after me. I aim. The world slows down. Hammer, chamber, slide, shell, no ammo.

The bullet hits the palm of the mans head and sends him to the ground. The slide this time stays in the position of loading. the gun is empty and I took no extra ammo from the cop. I allow it to fall and turn. The chainb has been shot open and Elena is already out. Grabbing the Glock 17 from my belt I follow and slam the door shot.

16. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    The Politics and alleys behind it . . .

The death of their leader did not keep the Cleaners from coming, neither did the casualties they suffered. The mroe of them died, the more would shar the money. If they succeeded. So succeed they would.

The gang that kept the Politics under it´s protection was heavy outgunned against the assault rifles and shotguns the Cleaners had brought. Three dozen civilians lay on the ground, wounded or dead. They ignored them. Who showed the lightest sense of reistance was executed.

Payne. Payne was the real problem. He had made it out of the Club to the streets. Five of them hurried after him. They trew themselves againt the door, awaiting it to be blocked . . . and stumbled out into the all as it gave way. Right into the firing line of Max.

Elena had reached the end of the street by now. Heavy breathing he looked back and the light of firing guns. What she did not see was Kaufmann. The man sat in his car and loaded his silenced gun as he saw the girl. Turning the key his car slowly began to move. The window lowered . . . his hand raised . . . and a simple hiss was all that was heard, as he passed the girl.

Tag: LordT/TMP

17. TheMaxPayne

Mar 2, 2011
    Max Payne

Seven shots and then another ten. The Glock clicks and releases the clip. I release the second half of my held breath. My hand reaches for the ammo and finds it. Hand and clip comes together, find the weapon and it slides in. The slide wents back, the eyes never care to look.

I am a pro when it comes to killing. Every move is natural. Every drip of blood the reward.

"Elena!" I shout. And I get no answer. The guys are all dead.

Slowly I turn my head.

Tag: Draco/TSG

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    GM Note: You all are aware of the discussion and just because I can´t write the PMs I announce it here. Yes, you might be true. We have no english speaker in here anymore and we are all on spinner and this might be more awesome played scene by scene in the chat. LordT prefers it, too. And hell he IS our lead. So yes, we move over to chat based gaming for the next chapter. Last update coming up. Then I ask the Mods to close us down again.

Thanks everybody for enduring my incompetence and pulling me out of the Mud every single time!

[image=http://eu.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/warrengoldswain/warrengoldswain1004/warrengoldswain100400010/6800703-asian-girl-lies-in-an-empty-street.jpg]

There was no answer. There would be none. When silence crawled into the scene all the attackers were dead, all the guests gone and Elena´s blood was spreading on the concrete floor. The red mustang driving away seemed to mock Max for having failed. but as he neared her he saw she was still alive. Barely alive and beyond saving, but alive and she whispered two words. Again and again and again and again. Until her last breath was used up and her eyes became glassy.

The word were: "Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona Sax. Mona . . ."

[b]Tag: TheMaxPayne[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.