main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson May 6th Metabolic Community Festival!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Feb 14, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm up... ready for that group hug now! [:D]

2. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Wow had a great time I will admit I am worn out! Didn't realize how much it took out of me! I am both very excited and yet I feel bad about winning the saber. But all in all I had a great time and thank everyone who showed up!

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Iceobel had a great time with the kids and adults. She's a great party animal [face_dancing]

And for the quote of the event:

Chris: Um, Dustin . . . where are my pants?

[face_laugh]

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Had a grand ole' time. I want to personally thank Jake for not only bringing the tent/change room, but to thank him for helpin' me get into my armor. Thank you all who attended..you're great! Good job Chris...not dying on us. Youre puppy is really sweet Lady J, Thank you Damian for the yummy pizza afterward.

I call that event a success!

NOW LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    To quote Lennon/McCartney "A splendid time is guaranteed for all" IE. It was a great time.

Anyone know who were the people that we met that were wanting to come to the meeting? I'm afraid the instructions for everything might have gotten garbled.... hoping we have contact.

6. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    http://s53.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurename=MetabolicFestival5-6-06&pa=/g58/girlstrat/
    With Love---
    Amber

----There was more but there was a whole diskette disk drive, plier thing that happened.. dont ask.. Oh and dont ask a clone for information on extracting said diskette....lol j/k

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thank you all. You really made the festival. You guys have the biggest hearts of anyone Ive ever met. We made over 200$ (which for the small crow is good) and Chris don't fret about winning the saber, we woul dmuch rather see it inthe hands of someone who would respect the quality andtime it took to make it than end up on some kids bedroom floor

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I just posted some of our pictures intot he photobucket site here

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.danzelmo.com/5.6.06MetabolicCommunityFestival.htm

Did I miss anything?

10. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Well I just want to say that I had a good time while I was there

Your welcome for the help Frank with the armor...it gives me an idea of what I will experience when my armor is complete

As far as my tents...I have come to the conclussion that I will bring the canopy and 4 sheets to hang off of it for changing into costumes...my tents are too small...lesson learned...plus the canopy has a double function to be our "ramada" when we don't have an outdoor shelter whereas the tents don't

I'm hoping that the next event I'll be able to be in costume wether it's with or without the armor

TTYL

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    While I hated to have missed this event I am so glad it went well, here's to next year's event and whatever we can do to help make it a success as well. I am all for SW characters in Luau gear!!!

12. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Ummm, No. [face_sick]

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Actually Im trying to get us invited to the end of the year holiday party in PHX its 5 times the size of our little event

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ummm, No!

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind a lei...[face_devil]:eek:

"MEN!"[face_shame_on_you]:eek: [face_shame_on_you]
    Ha, ha! Beat you to it, K-kat![face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

Ummm.... Jack, stop looking me at that! [face_worried]

17. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    hey.. it was Dustin's idea to make next year a luau'. I am just letting him know I am paying attention and in it for the long haul. You guys DO remember he mentioned a luau' being a possiblity next year. O:)

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Huh?:confused:

Oh, luau! I thought he meant some FEMALE(sorry, Damian, you're cute, but not that cute!) named Lulu was a possibility next year...

Maybe I should check on hearing aids.

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Is this going to happen again for 2007?