main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio May Meeting/Indy

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    So it's time for the good old "try to plan a meeting" discussion.

Since May also happens to be the month of the release of Indy 4, do we want to combine a meeting with a viewing of the movie? Perhaps catch the movie and then get together afterwards for some discussion?

Any other ideas?

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I really like that idea of seeing Indy and them having our meeting. Would we do it another Tuesday? I just ask because that's the one night I know for sure that I always have off.

3. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    Tuesdays work for me as while and doing a movie and dinner might be kind of nice or what ever people like

4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    We could probably do that. We were hoping to plan something for that weekend but ideas fell through as it became apparent Kim would be working Memorial Day weekend. The following Tuesday might work though....isn't Tuesday a problem for one of our happy little group though? It seems to work for a good chunk of us on the other hand...

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    A viewing on Tuesday the 27th would be just fine with me.

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Are we thinking a late afternoon show--4-5-6ish?
    (based on the idea of perhaps eating afterwards)

7. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    I am good with the 27th at this point. I'm sure I'll have seen it by then and a second viewing would be ideal of course.

8. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I've taken a 1/2 day off on Tuesday, so we're good to go! :D

9. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I assume the Maumee 18 works well for everybody? Assuming tickets will be on sale in advance, once we settle on a time perhaps we should purchase our tickets in advance (being an individual responsibilty of course, less hassle for all involved ;) )

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Maumee 18 is perfect for me, and we should definitely get tickets in advance

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Maumee 18 works for me. I guess once we know showtimes it'll be easier to pick out a show. 4-5PM is fine by me, I'll just have to bounce from work a bit early.

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    If I was around for that weekend, I would definitely be attending. :(

13. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Tuesday works for me as well and I should be able to talk Matt in to comming maybe andrew as well if he does have to work .

14. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    As of right now, it looks like they only have a few showings that day (at least scheduled so far):

1:20, 4:10, 7:00, 9:50

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=5070&rdate=5%2F27%2F2008

Should we make the 4:10 show our goal? Or wait to see if they add more?

15. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I suppose we could give it a few days to see what happens but tentatively plan for that show at the moment...say until Thursday or Friday? We could reverse it if necessary (meet up first, eat and then 7 show, but the ticket is more expensive for the evening show ;) )

16. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm a matinee kind of guy. :)

I was expecting a lot more showtimes than that, but it's still early. I'm surprised it took them this long to get some up at all.

17. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    4:10 would be bad for me since I don't get off work until 5.

And there's also the Fallen Timbers theatre thats pretty close if the Maumee 18 times didn't work for us.

18. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    The 7:00 showing works for me

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, it could be that these are the only shows available for prepurchase right now. One would think that there will be more shows available than what is listed so far. Today for instance the theater has multiple showings at multiple times for Iron Man And Speed Racer.

How early works for people? 5:30? Or we could forego eating somewhere and just plan on the movie around 7-ish...

20. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    D'oh!

Unfortunately, Kim and I won't be available until about 7 or so on the 27th. We could still do our usual dinner meeting but it leaves us out of movie plans (as we likely would have to make it a 7:30 or 8 or so show and we don't want to be heading home so late with the hour+ drive ). Of course, that doesn't preclude the rest of you from going without us ;)

If y'all just want to go ahead with our usual dinner, where do y'all wanna eat? The floor is open to suggestions...

21. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    That sounds fine to me as I found out that I can't sneak out of work early that day after all. :(

22. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Either just seeing the movie or just having dinner would be fine with me.

23. JISTA_WIL-TA

JISTA_WIL-TA Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2008
    Hi all, I live in Marietta oh and I'm new to this.

I have been a huge fan of the starwars saga since I was like 9 years old. I have finially decided I want to go to a convention. And by this I mean I want to do the full on convention thing i want to dress up and experience as much of it as i can. However I'm not really sure were to go to find convention information out. If anybody could give me some web sites to go to, I would greatly appriciate it.

Also I would like to possiably be apart of this club. were exactly are most of you located. Marietta is right on the west virginia ohio boarder about 2hrs from colombus 4 from cincinatti 3 from cleveland ect..

I also am now taking vidoe production classes in college along with 3d gaming and computer graphics. Me and a couple of my friends locally are going to do a short fan film based in the starwars galaxy (obviously lol), Any and all help/advise on this would also be outstanding.

I appriciate any and all feed back

thankz
    Jesse

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, first you would likely want to try the Columbus or Greater Ohio Fan Force boards as this board is primarily Toledo area which is across the state from you judging by what you said (a good 6 or 7 hours). You can also check the Fan Films board here at TheForce.net for all kinds of Fan Film posts. I hope this helps you :)

As for Conventions, there aren't any Star Wars-specific conventions except for the Celebrations that occur every two to three years in North America. There is a board here on these things, but it is better to keep an eye on Scifi or comic conventions that may occur closer to you. There is a yearly convention in Columbus called Mid-Ohio Con (its in October this year) that usually draws a good number of 501st and Rebel Legion people.

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh yeah, dinner on the 25th, 7-ish....Chili's? Texas Roadhouse? That Chinese place we went to once? WHat are people in the mood for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.