main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Fourth Be with You

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 23, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    QueenHighMistress likes this.
  2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Gonna be a blast!

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    All hands on deck, it's going to be a wild ride.

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    When did we want to the noodle wrapping party?

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    The weekend before, because 2 weekends is Starfest and before Starfest...... well..... you know, we will be running around making costumes, etc

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Ok sounds like a plan. Do we know where etc? I thought I could put it on the calendar so we can get maximum participation ;)

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    So, my best friend from high school is getting married that day. Quandary. :confused:

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Event Time: May 4th from 9AM - 3PM
    Setup Time: May 3rd from 3PM - Done (pizza for the troops)
    1st Clean Up Time: May 4th from3PM - 4PM
    2nd Clean Up Time: May 5th from Noon until done (tear down & pick up of any big stuff)

Staff Needed: Approx 20 RMFF volunteers at any given time (we have 6 hours to staff, and everyone needs a break, not to mention the quick clean-up after).
    RMFF Staff Activities: Mini-Golf, Foam Sabers, Fan Film Festival, Stage (the skiff float), Green Screen Photo Ops, Other Photo OP Stations, X-Wing Cockpit Lines.
    WOTR Education is taking over the craft area, we just have to make them some example posters.
    Two CAP Squadrons will be handling the Parking Lot and some crowd control.
    Still need to confirm activities for the other groups.
    CBC/DCC will be back for more fun.
    We're going to have a Prep Day setup the weekend before to make foam sabers and prep any other craft stuff.

Suggestions:
    Does anyone have good relations with a comic shop that might want to come in to make this part of Free Comic Book Day?
    I'm making a list of materials needed if someone just wants to donate stuff/money to the effort. WOTR is picking up the Pool Noodles & Tape.

In case no one could tell from that *short list* this is an ALL HANDS ON DECK situation. 8-}

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    :confused:

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We'll be gluing some PomPom Examples to Poster Board... Also one for the Admiral Sackbar Puppets

catz44 likes this.
  11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ah. Okay. That makes more sense. :D

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You know what's gonna be awesome about this?

EVERYTHING!!!!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I forgot to ask yesterday, how late can we teardown (pick up stuff) on Sunday? I trust the museum with AL, but I work 9-5 on Sunday. Can I come by after work to pack up AL (I also might bring Goldie for this as well, but she is unstable and needs to have a giant "Take pictures but NO TOUCH" sign)? It took me two hours at Galaxyfest to tear down everything and get the droids into the truck.

TJ is bringing his large Droideka for display. I'll probably help him with his teardown since he lives in the Springs. I live ten minutes away from the museum, so no real issue of collecting mine on Sunday except I can't be there before 5:30pm.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    If we get a place to hold AL & Goldie for a day, would that work for you? Otherwise, I think with the bodies we should have for the event, we can probably get you both packed out in an hour & a half

15. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    That'll work!

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I will be happy to help where I can, we will have the kids so I will be somewhat limited. And Shane will be in his Boba.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Since you and SWSNBNOTB will be kid handicapped... Maybe you can switch off making sure all the stations are staffed & checking in volunteers. That might be the easiest thing for both of you, and would let DWRD float around where necessary, as well.

My plan is to set up a command station on the "stage" to run announcements and such throughout, and try to keep things a little better organized all the way around, but having those people on the floor/at the door would be a huge step in making that a reality.

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  18. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sounds like a plan :). This is going to be an awesome event!

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    What is our time frame?
    · Setup – Friday, drop off during the day, setup starting at 3PM
    · Operation – 9AM-3PM (doors open for crew at 7:30am)
    · Cleanup/Tear Down – Clear out the place from 3PM-4PM (additional tear down on Sunday the 5th, starting at Noon)

Advertising Update
    · KOSI/KEZW Ads
    · Display banner(s) at the museum.
    · Channel 2 spot, April 30th, 7am
    · Flyers for Starfest

Activities
    · Foam Sabers – For the 12 and under.
    · Craft Area – Ewoks and more. Have most of the supplies for the Ewoks, need to get the bags and construction paper for the Admiral Sackbar puppets, more PomPoms and glue for the creatures. Educations staffing the day of, some prep work done the weekend before.
    · Comicbook Classroom – They are all set, just waiting to hear back from them about the size of the space they need. (May 4th is also Free Comic Book Day)
    · Blast-a-Trooper – The Mountain Garrison will be setting this up, and it’s been a big event everywhere.
    · Photo Backdrops – We have several at our disposal, and will be set up in the vacant spots around the hangar
    · Green Screen Adventures – People get to pick the SW Scene they want to be in, and photos will be loaded to a password protected folder from which they will download 2 weeks after the event.
    · Featured Photo Ops – There will be 6 distinct groups of characters in each of the 6 time slots. There will be a pro photographer with the same upload procedure as Green Screen, or they can use their own camera. Various area media programs will be assisting with both this and the Green Screen.
    · Large Props – In addition to Jim Shima’s Blaster Cannon, we are trying to get at least one of the large prop displays owned by Far Away Creations (Echo Base from Hoth, or Han in Carbonite from Jabba’s Palace. He is also finishing a landspeeder, and may be bringing that.
    · Jabba’s Skiff Float will act as our “stage” and command center for the event.
    · Open Cockpit – Hopefully with a brand new cockpit to show off.
    · Fan Film Festival in the Harrison Ford Theater – Have quite the selection of movies to show during the day.
    · Mini-Golf is a maybe… Will depend on how much needs to be to get it ready.

Other Items
    · Sound Equipment - As was made PAINFULLY obvious last year, we need some kind of sound equipment to make announcements and for the presentation.
    · Presentation – Last year we honored the “founders” of our little project by re-dedicating the X-Wing to Tim Tracey, and by having Dan Madsen come out to speak to everyone. This year we’d like to honor the “crew” (everyone who has been working for the last 9 years to keep this insanity plugging along. We’re cooking up something special for this, but I want to be sure we have a fair number of WOTR reps on hand for the presentation.
    · CAP – 2 squadrons, one for the parking and one for crowd control.
    · Using Wristbands Admission (donated by DCC) – Making “Tickets” for the timed-entries for the Open Cockpit
    · Food Trucks – Sweet ‘Ness and 1-2 others, with at least one being kid-friendly.

All other news can be found in the Facebook Group for the Crew. If you aren't already in that group, ask someone to invite you.

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am getting excited!

22. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    My apologies for having been completely absent. I plan to be there all day. I will sign up accordingly.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That long a haul, I will probably be in my Jedi. I'll sign up soonish.

24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Signed up as a floater all day, so float me where you need me to go.

Since it's the same day as Free Comic Book Day, I may duck out at 4 and try and hit a comic book shop before they close at 5.

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    There's a Mile-Hi Comics near Colorado & Kentucky (about 10 minutes from the museum)

DieWompRatDie likes this.