main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maybe Get Mark Hamil to be the star of a Live action show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by seekaedigital, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekaedigital

seekaedigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003
    Well if Lucas says they will never, ever, do another star wars then may be Mark hamil could reprise his role as luke and base the new show on the JEDI Academy Story line.

Although it would be hard not to have Han or leia. But you could explain with The new Jedi Order has to go into hiding or something for some reason?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Didn't Mark Hamill say he wanted to get away from Luke Skywalker?

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I don't see why he would say that.

Lets see Mark Hamil has had one real role and that is Luke Skywalker. Well thats it that is his career.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Which is why he would say no. He wants to get as far away as possible from Luke Skywalker because he doesn't want to be thought if "that Star Wars kid" all of his life. He is a voice actor and comic book writer (I think) nowadays, and apparently he has taken "Luke Skywalker - Star Wars" off of his resume. Does that sound like the kind of person who would want to reprise his role?

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, he did reprise his role in the New Jedi Order commercial a few years back (only voice), so I don't think he has "left Luke behind" just yet. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

EDIT:
    Lets see Mark Hamil has had one real role and that is Luke Skywalker. Well thats it that is his career.

What do you mran he's only had one real role? He has had some roles in movies since Star Wars. For an example, he played the main villain in the Swedish movie "Hamilton". And also, as pointed out earlier, he's done quite alot of voice-acting.

6. Master_Enkei

Master_Enkei Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2003
    Mark still does voice acting as Luke Skywalker, in the Simpsons he was in a long part of the Episode dressed as Luke, and he did the voice of Luke and Ben Kenobi in Family Guy, and I think, but I'm not sure.. that he did Luke's voice in a Star Wars game awhile back. I might be wrong about the game though. So it seems he doesn't want to stay away from Luke Skywalker, completely.

7. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Mark Hamill shouldn't want to leave being Luke Skywalker. Yeah for being thought of "the star wars kid", but come on he should realize how many fans are out there. It'd be just so cool if he did reprise as Luke Skywalker.

8. seekaedigital

seekaedigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003
    Well If they offered Mark Hamil a good deal to reprise Luke in a live action Tv show I am sure he would do it.

He would be like the Professor X of the Jedi Academy. The main stars would be a group of new younger Jedi. 18yr olds i guess. Not kids.

Also would be cool. tO have a guess appearance by Harrison ford as Solo. But I am not sure if he would do it. Although If the series was made right and became successful I am sure he wouldnt mind returning to the role that made him for one episode.

Other characters could include the droids.
    Maybe Carrie Fisher and Chewbacca would be an easiy addition.

What are your thoughts of a new show in this format?

9. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    Thats the best idea for a live action show that I've heard so far.
    It would be cool to see some of Luke's new jedi go out on some missions and Jacen and Jaina could be the major characters. Unfortunatly I don't think Mark would want to play Luke again.

10. General_Windu

General_Windu Jedi Master star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    Mark's gotta be crazy to not wanna be known as Luke anymore. Why? Because Star Wars is one of the most popular things ever, Luke is one of the Most Reconizable Character...Does he relize how Lucky he was to get that role? Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher had their Fare Share of Great Characters. But they both enjoyed those Characters the most.

11. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I have to agree, it would be sweet to see Mark Hamill reprise his Luke Skywalker in a new series. True, he has done other movies, but he will never be able to escape the stigma of Luke Skywalker. No matter what other roles he take on, live or voice acting, he will always be known as Luke Skywalker first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.