main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maybe She's an Angel (JA/Drama single post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FELICIA_ZEZILI, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Title: Maybe She?s an Angel
    Author: Felicia Zezili
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan age 16
    Category: Drama
    Summary: During some down time on Coruscant, Obi-Wan finds that in a galaxy filled with many problems, even a small act of kindness can go a long way.
    Disclaimer: I do not own any recognizable characters, planets, so forth and so on. I also do not own the song Maybe She?s an Angel. I could not write a song if the fate of the free world depended on it.
    Author?s Notes: Picture this if you can. I was in my room, listening to 92.5 WXTU (which is a country music station) and thinking about the next chapter to Obi-Wan?s Odyssey (This was before I decided to rewrite it). I was flipping through Ultimate Encyclopedia of Mythology when I stopped on the page titled Angels and Djinns. Just as I turned to that page the song Maybe she?s an Angel by Tommy Shane Steiner came on the radio. Coincidence? Probably but it gave me an idea for a fic. As of now this will probably be the only one post fic I will ever do (I have other ideas but they are complete nonsense) and also the only fic that doesn?t have an evil presence of some kind. This might be a little OOC for Obi-Wan but it?s all good right?

Sixteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi pulled his cloak closer to him trying to keep out the frigid air as he stood on one of the Jedi Temple landing platform biding his Master Qui-Gon Jinn a safe journey. Qui-Gon would be leaving on a mission for a week to the planet Nisyros where the planet leaders were having a trade summit. The council didn?t see that the mission was too critical that Obi-Wan needed to attend. Not when he had diplomacy classes to attend. Obi-Wan saw it completely opposite; of course he would say anything to get out of classes.

?Just try and stay out of trouble Padawan.? Qui-Gon commented as he threw his pack over his shoulder and prepared to broad the transport.

?Master how could you forget one of Master Yoda?s favorite saying? Do or do not there is no try. I mean he only says it about 100 times a day??Obi-Wan trailed off when he noticed Qui-Gon glare at him. ?I will do my best Master but really how much trouble could even I get into in only a week??

?I shudder to think.? Qui-Gon said flatly.

?Ah humor! Something that we barely see from the great Qui-Gon Jinn.? Obi-Wan said with a slight smile.

?Goodbye Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon said and walked up the ramp.

?May the force be with you, Master.? Obi-Wan replied as Qui-Gon entered the transport. The Jedi padawan watched as the ship lifted up off the landing platform and shot off out of the atmosphere. After the ship was out of sight Obi-Wan turned but instead of heading back to the temple he turned onto one of the pedestrian walkways and headed towards the Senate district.

Earlier that morning Astri, daughter of the owner of Didi?s Café, had sent a message to that temple requesting that Siri, Adi Gallia, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan come down to the diner and try a new dish that she was thinking of adding to the menu. Astri was a little disappointed when Adi said that she was busy with Council meetings and Qui-Gon had a mission to go to but her high spirits returned when the young woman heard that Obi-Wan and Siri could come.

Obi-Wan was only about a block away from the café and could already make out the bright blue windowsills and doorframe. He was so focused on his destination that he didn?t see the small object in his path until he stepped on it. Stopping and kneeling down, he picked up a rag doll that had been laying in the walkway. It was a little dirty thing that looked hand stitched with a red shirt that covered most of its soft body, save for the arms and feet, and a dozen yellow pieces of yarn that were tied back with a string for hair.

Still kneeling, Obi-Wan looked up to see a young girl who could only have been four or five years of age standing a few feet in front of him with her hands at her side and a blank expression on her face as she looked at him. She had dirty

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Very good. Sad, :( and a little strange, but very good overall. Simple as that.

And an UP to help this get noticed because it deserves it. :)

3. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    This is a very nice story, shows a very compassionate side of a young Obi Wan
    I enjoyed it
    Reb

4. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    That was so sweet! I love Obi-Wan's caring and compassion, it was great! The idea of her being an angel sent to test mere mortals, very original!

Well done!

:)

BTW, were those song lyrics at the end, a poem, or something you made up?

5. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Thank you for the reviews! I was a little nervous with this story.

And the words at the end are the some lyrics from the song Maybe She's an Angel by Tommy Shane Steiner. It's a very good song and suggest downloading it if your interested.

6. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    By the way... who are the quotes in your signature from, anyway? I can't figure it out.

7. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    The two quotes are from the Johnny the Homocidal Maniac comic series by Jhonen Vasquez the same guy who created Invader Zim on Nickeloden.

8. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    That was such a great post! Obi-Wan is so kind and generous there! He's like a peace maker and etc. It's neat how you show his compassionate side. It's funny with Qui-Gon saying "I shiver to that," that was just funny. The post had humor, sad, and it was very touching. I liked it a lot! Keep it up! It was beautifully written. The details were great and the sentences flowed! Keep the great work up! You're doing a marvelous job! :)

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Just shamefully uping this for one more go around then I leave her alone.

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well i'm glad you upped FELICIA or I may have missed this little one poster :D

This was lovely little vignette, nothing to be nervous about at all. What a wonderful way to show Obi-Wans selfless and caring nature.

It was nice to not have any sith chasing him around, and not having him tortured either mentally or physically, and not having Qui being cold to him - - it was just nice.

I liked it.

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.