main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Meeting 10/27 - IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Folks,

At our last Star Wars meeting one Mr. Jeff Napshin from Fox 7 news dropped by to see what we were about. Fox 7 will be airing The Phantom Menace on TV at the end of November and they want a little news scoop to go along with it. To help them out, here is what we're going to do:

WHAT: The Austin Star Wars Fan Force Halloween Party
    WHEN: Saturday, October 27th 1pm - 3pm
    WHERE: The Dog & Duck Pub at 17th and Guadalupe
    WEAR: Your Star Wars costume (if you have one) or a Star Wars T-Shirt
    BRING: Pictures of your collection, copies of your homemade movies, books, etc. At the time of the party Jeff will be asking folks if they want Fox 7 to come and film their collection or take snippets of their home movies to put on the air.

I'll try and set up a place where we can watch the Phantom Menace DVD while we have some fun and talk to the news folks. Please try and come to make a good showing - we're the only organized group of Star Wars fans in Austin - let's show off!

If you have any questions about it, please email me. Thanks!

-Anne
    neumera@theforceiswithus.com

2. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    so, is there any word from anyone in SA, Dallas or Houston who may try to make it in for this moment of PR?

3. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Not that I know of. Right now I think it's just going to be the Austin group.

4. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Friends, John "ObiJuan" Laurel from SA here, I am sorry that I wasn't able to attend your gettogether this past weekend, I was caught up with business and I also had to give a hand to our new FF City Rep here in SA with a few things . . .

I've also been quite busy working with Michonne Bourriague's and Shannon Baksa's sites lately so that has also taken a good amount of my time, I would like to meet with some of you on an upcoming weekend to talk with you (Anne especially) and see about working out a caravan to Celebration 2 and other things as well . . .

Email me at ObiJuan70@aol.com

Take Care & MTFBWY

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.