main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson MEETING and CHRISTMAS PARTY Dec 9th 5PM

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Nov 18, 2007.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Just getting the thread going. The party will be at my house PM me for address or directions if you need them. It will be a potluck affair a dinner and dessert type so if you can bring a dish or two.......

We will be doing the "Bad Santa" gift exchange with a $5-$15 gift. (The gift may be used but in very good condition) The gift should be wrapped or bagged so no one can figure out what it is.

If all goes well the end of the year video will be available for viewing please bring $1 if you would like a copy of the DVD to cover expenses.

Topics for discussion:
    light parade recap
    MINIS
    RPG
    BOOK CLUB
    PCC
    '08 planning?

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Shall we sign up here? I'm not sure what I'm bringing yet.

3. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Yes sign up here with a dish that you can bring.

4. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    Quick question - is there a reason why most Fan Force functions are on a Sunday? I just ask because I want to go, but I have to be up early on Monday morning, which pretty much means I would only be able to stay a couple hours. It's just better for me personally when things are on a Friday or Saturday night.
    I want to make a cheesecake for everyone! *pout*

5. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    We deceided a few months back to have our meeting day on the 2nd sunday of every month. It was done this way because most people are busy saturdays and the second weekend will dodge most major holidays through out the year.

We can review this for 2008 if you guys would like.

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm bringing either potato salad or macaroni salad and Brandon, I don't know what Brandon is bringing though. I got halfway home and realized I needed to edit this to say that I was bringing Brandon and Phil . Phil is bringing something to eat, as to what he is still undecided.

7. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    OK is Phil going to make it or Jake?

8. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    see above for Phil.. I edited before I saw you had posted.. No Jake will not be coming. He pulls doubles every sunday.

9. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm think I'll be bringing cookies...yum yum (as I eat some right now O:) )

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    If this is "mixing threads" too much, let me know.

Does anyone want to meet at Heroes and Villains before to do some Minis?

11. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I am supposed to let you all know that the meeting is being bumped to 6pm. All of the tournaments and competitions that the kids have are that afternoon. We should be able to make it back by 6:00, or at least Chris will.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I suppose it's too late to change the marquee?

13. ytwars

ytwars Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2007
    P A R T Y!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im going to go and crash it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....P.S. brandon says he is going to kick mikes ASS in minis with paratus!!!!!
    D R O I D S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is all......

14. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    It is now up in the air whether or not Ill make it. Work might have some mandatory over time in store for me.

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll be bringing some Aplets and Cotlets as well as a casserole.

Chris: Please PM your address so I know where to go.

16. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Me too!

17. ytwars

ytwars Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2007
    who is giving bradon a ride cause i need one

18. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006

I would just like to state that yes Brandon did win in minis mostly due to Mike and myselfs over inflated egos we slaughtered each other before Brandon ever got to us! But I will say Quinlan Vos got a healthy dose of Boba before he was the LAST enemy character on the board!!!

19. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    The Christmas party was fun! Thanks again to Chris and Amber for hosting us!
    Now for the minutes...
    Attendance: firstsonofsolo, dialswiftjustice, hal9k1, Rebel Mom, Jedi Obi-Kat, Cathiecat, Phil, Zedd, Brandon, and Alex

The light parade: "It was a blast!!!" says firstsonofsolo [exclamation points added for effect]. The TFF/501st won for best nonprofit! Dialswiftjustice noted that it was the announcer's choice (not DSJ's) to only mention the 501st since DSJ handed the announcer two paragraphs describing each group.
    RPG: on hold until after Christmas
    Minis: going well
    Book club: The next book is Outbound Flight [secretary's note: It's great!!! Thrawn is a genius!!!], we will be discussing the book on Jan. 19th at the Himmel Park Library
    Phoenix Cactus Con: Jan 25th-27th, begins at 5pm on the 25th at the Mesa Convention Center. Peter Mayhew should be coming, along with Jeremy Bulloch...you might be able to get in for free if you are with the DSG (?)
    2008 planning: No one was keen on moving the meeting time, events for 2008: Howl-o-ween, Cactus Con, MS Walk, Light parade, Komen race
    AVP-R: some of the guys are going Christmas day if anyone else would like to join them
    Christmas party: good food; the minis and the Vader helmet were the more coveted presents this year...