main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Meeting Info

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaina02, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Okay, I'm going to "get the ball rolling" as DECO_DROID so beautifully put it! :)

So we want to have a meeting? We need to start thinking about a time that is good for the majority of the people. Someone said next Friday... that's good for me, but is it good for anyone else? There is also the question of where. We need to meet in a place that is convenient for a majority of people. I live in Spring, near the Woodlands. If you are thinking about going to a meeting, then please tell me where you are and we can try and find a place that everyone can get to easily.

Feel free to PM me or something.

COME ON HOUSTON!!!!!!!!

2. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    alright, i am in the north area as well, 1960 @ i-45, but i would drive a reasonable distance. now we need 6 more "for sures". feel free to make suggestions for other times/places. also, let's think about what will be discussed. does anyone know what some of the bigger groups do at their meetings? i guess what we want to do will determine where the meeting needs to be. for example, if anyone hasn't seen the '99 bill moyers interview with gl, i could bring that tape to view and discuss. it was pretty interesting. we could show off our costumes and how we made them/where to find materials. i'm just throwing some ideas out there as i've never been to a previous meeting. any other ideas???

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, if I can make it to any meeting in Houston within the next month, that would be the weekend. But, don't count on me for it. I will have to see what I can do.

Edit - I live southeast. I-45 & the Beltway, Clear Lake area.

4. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    queenie, if you are able to attend, in which area of town would you like the meeting to take place, or what would be too far?

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I would think the best idea would be to tally up the final count of who all will be making it. From there, we can determine where everyone is located and choose a central place that is convenient to everyone. Right now, we've got people on the North & South sides. So, I would think we could just somewhere in between. What do y'all think?

6. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    sounds good, just need 5 more...where's bebo_lokk and goldbubbly? we should have 8 by the end of the week. is the galleria a weird place to have a meeting? it's kind of centralized...and a good excuse to check out the fossil store:)

anyone seen their aotc watch? very cool!

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    did someone say this weekend?! [face_shocked] Um....i don't know if i'd be able to make that... EDIT: Noooo they said next friday. School days will not work for me until school is out. [face_plain] :(

Now as for people attending, tally up me and my sister, <quarantine here on the boards> B/c if i go she will too. Also I have at least two, maybe a couple more teenage friends who are thinking of helping form a FF in houston.

A central location i thought would be the best idea as well. More fair that way. I live on the Northwest side.

What kind of place? Well a private home location would likely freak my parents out and make them forbid me from going anywhere at all. I was thinking maybe a nice little restaurant...a tex mex place? Someone will probably have a better idea.

8. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Next friday evening may work for me. I'll give it an 90% chance right now.
    Also, we are having a shoot this Saturday and still need some extras for a SW fan-film. If you are interested e-mail me at tadlock11@hotmail.com
    If you have already been contacted, I have you down. :D

9. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, you can probably tally me and my friend Melissa down for next friday, there might be a possibility that I have to babysit, but I won't know for a few days.

As for a central location, I think somewhere off of I-45 would be a great place to go. I think that there are several places we could possibly meet at. There is a Bennigans off of 1960, would that be too far for some people?

Also, what about times? I think that late afternoon early evening would be good, like 4 or 5. What do you think?

10. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    okay, as a preliminary tally, it looks like we will not have enough people if we have the meeting on friday. deco, jaina + 1, bebo, and queenie = 5. the problem is that goldbubbly says she can bring 2 or more with her, so at this point, we need those extra people to total at least 8. i know there are others that have posted here, but not in the last few days, so i'm just going by the recent posts. so, as a tentative meeting, can we say saturday, april 20th? that should work for everyone here, right?

as far as the meeting place, a restaurant does seem like the best idea to me. i would prefer something close to noon or alternatively, 7 or 8pm so i can get some stuff done during the day.

bebo said something about going to the amc 30 since there are alot of restaurants around there we can choose from. that's fine by me, but bebo, were you serious about showing up IN COSTUME? i'd have to think about that.

anyway, feel free to comment on or correct anything i've said here. let's make this work, guys!!!

11. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, the only problem is that I'm going out of town to Austin on the 20th. If we could move it to late afternoon on Friday, that would be ideal b/c then I could babysit after that. Like I said in my previous post- about 4 or 5 would be great!

12. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I've gotta work on the 20th, but I'm free on Fridays and Sundays so if we can meet on the 19th or 21st, count me in.

13. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I have class until 2 on Fridays. It takes 3 hours to drive home from Austin. More, if you consider I'll hit the Katy freeway around 4:30. So, I wouldn't be able to make it that early in the afternoon on Friday.

14. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    :( :( :(

Ok, hate to say this but....

Next friday I'm leaving town and won't be back in the houston area till late sunday. That goes for my friends too. gah...The week after that would really be better for us anyways...I'd have more time to get my parents warmed up to the idea...

So next friday saturday and sunday are a no go for me and those i've mentioned having interest.

:( :(

-Goldy

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    So, it's looking like next weekend is not good for the majority. What about the next weekend...the 26-28th? (which isn't good for me, but still), or the next, May 3-5th?

16. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    ARGHHH!

oh well, at least we have another week to plan this out. fridays are a problem for quite a few people it seems, so let's narrow it down to sat the 27th or the 4th, shall we?

and my new topic is getting lonely, by the way...

17. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    I'll check to see what i'm doing those weekends later, <i lost my schedule book yesterday>

So the meeting. I posted my PM convo with our RSA obeywann in the confused thread : http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6375583&start=6414302
    <in case you didn't see it>

Anyways, so just getting together is enough!
    Getting together for a lunch on a saturday would seem nice to me, however if people have problems we work around it of course. If we get together at an eating establishment, what kind of food places are a no no? I'm all for TexMex, but I'd like to avoid oriental food places.

anyways, talk to ya'll later

-Goldy

18. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, the next weekend is bad for me as well... I've got prom.

I don't mind not being there if it is good for everyone else...

19. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    Jaina are you saying you'd skip prom? :confused: I really don't want you to skip that for a FF meeting...on the other hand the weekend after that, May 4th is my prom, but I don't think I'll go...to much hassle...So that's a possibility...

Oh and good news! I've been talking with my dad, someone who is also a sw fan, and he wants to come to the meeting too! So that's a DEFINITE three from this house, plus any friend of mine that want to come along. :D

-Goldy

20. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    MISS MY PROM?????? ARE YOU NUTS?????

No, no, no... I was saying that I don't mind missing a FF meeting. With all the hassle that I have been through with prom, I HAVE to go (I'm wearing a duct tape dress...)!

21. Quarantine

Quarantine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Cool duct tape dress!

I wanted to do that. There's a scholarship for that. I bet it was a hassle!

GOOD LUCK!

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Coolness about your dad, bubbly.

Sooo, are we cutting the weekend of the 26th, now? I'm assuming we're narrowing it down to either that or the weekend of the 4th. ???

23. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, it doesn't really matter to me... someone just needs to pick a stinkin' day!

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Haha! Yes. We should start a poll.

I can't do it next weekend (26th). I could do the weekend of the fourth, though.

25. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    If you guys are getting together, I can make either weekend. I'd like to meet some other SW fans in the area.

I live in the S. Beltway 8/I 45 area...
    Just let me know.

Penny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.