main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by droideka27, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff. It has been something we've been thinking of for a while. After talking with Linda I thought it may be a good idea, but I get the notion from this that all may not have worked out so well.

Again thanks for the heads up and advice. Especially since we were in the very early stages of planning for it.

2. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    The only reason we were able to do it is because my father is the Kitchen Manager at HTB. It took us along time to figure out how we would be able to hold it at the store without getting in trouble AND when Star Wars was still in the "public's interest". HTB and the club could have been sued by LFL for using their copywrited characters and likeness. It would be BAD mojo to do it again...

Jeff

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Alrighty! Thanks for waiting patiently, all you people who were unable to make the meeting. I actually did not get home till almost 11, but then I started it right away. :) And without further ado, here it is!

Meeting Minutes for January 12, 2003:

Today's meeting didn't cover nearly as much stuff as we had last meeting, so thnkfully, this will not be as long :)

4. Banner money: Today we asked every member to donate $10 for the Comic-Con banner. We now have $76 dollars in our treasury. :) I have a list of who contributed money.

5. canned food: We are going to be collecting canned food for the next two meetigns as well, so contributions will still be welcome, but we had people bring canned food today.

6. Jedi-Knights: The Jedi Knights are the oldest OC SW fan club. This saturday they will be having a meeting in Garden grove. anyone interested, please PM Don or wait for him to post more info.

7. Web site: Britt is ever adding to our web page. Links have been added, and soon we will have more pictures up on the site. Today, Britt took pictures of all attending members for our member profiles that will be created sometime in the enar future.

8. Newsletter articles: We have a bunch, but anyone who wants to contribute, PLEASE DO!!

9. Council of 3: This is now the council of 5. The council will be: Shawn, Tracy, Don, Janie, and Theatrix. They will be in charge of coming up with group guidlines and handling issues and problems that arise. Nothing much will be happening for about 2 months, though, because of some problems that arose within another FF group.

10. Comic-Con: our table is secured and noone can wait until Comic-Con! It is going to be a lot of fun. :) Anyone with any connections or ideas as far as buttons or and small things that we can order to give away at Comic-Con, please PM someone (like shawn or myself) and let us know. Also, keep a look out for possible gift basket material for our give away baskets! (ex) SW stuff on major sales!)

11. Charitiy work: John (JediJohnnie) is haveing some family problems. Our thoughts are with you, John, and we hope everything works out for the best. Temporarily, Jim will be taking over the Charity leader position. I am sure he will do a super job

12. Members in attendence:
    droideka27;Tracy

SRB_Jedi_Knight;Shawn

Jedi-Loreen;Lori

Zhi-Don;Don

Kaui_Gone_Jim;Jim

Princess_Skywalker_;Amy

Bobafett_MP;Britt

LordJedi;Barry

Jedi_Janie;Jane

MikeyKnew; Mike

We also had some guests: Renee, Don's wife Lou, my boyfriend Phil, and a few others that happened by :)

13. Trivia Contest: and the trivia contest!! My favorite part of the meeting. Anyways, the winner of this meeting was...... [face_blush] me!! Well, I was excited. :p Lori hosted this month's contest. I won a Tie Action Fleet, the Arena Conflict Acessory Pack, and origional ROTJ pencil ....and Jar Jar boxers donated by Renee :p Next month I will be hosting the contest. Better beware, everyone! heh heh heh.

Anyways I got a resquest to post the trivia for those who missed it, so here goes:
    highlight the black to see the answer!

1. What is the name of the Fat Twi'lek senator seen in Ep.1 and 2?
    Orn Free Taa
    2. What type of droid is EG-4?
    Power
    3. Who manufactures X-wing fighters and Snowspeeders?
    Incom
    4. What is the name of the hutt that lost Shmi and Anakin Skywalker in a pod race?
    Gardulla
    5. What species is Jedi Council Member Eeth Koth? And Darth Maul?
    Zabrak
    6. What does BobaFett wear draped over his right shoulder?
    W
  15. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Posted the minutes on the website with 3 images! Fixed a couple of spelling mistakes ;)

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah there's a bunch. Sorry. I usually type them in owrd, but not this time, plus I was in an AIM Chat and watching a movie when I compiled this one :p Britt, always feel free to edit my minutes.

And the web site is looking AWESOME! I am so impressed, it looks so great. :)

We should figure out who we need to talk to to get a link to the web site at the top of our board like on the San Diego FF page. :)

17. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Usually the only things I change are the formating, spelling, and the 'person' use (I change any 'I's to 'Tracy')

18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I will work on getting the lionk added to the header of our page for the website.

19. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Thought I'd post my apology here for missing the Jan. meeting. My girlfriend and I were very enthusiastic about coming, and we hope all had a good time. I had a very crazy Sunday. Let's see, I witnessed a pretty severe car wreck in front of Costco Garden Grove, and stayed to provide the authorities my first-hand account. Then my parents visited unexpectedly, and I hope you all know how that can get. I certainly hope I'm not "voted out". I'm sure I'll be talking to you all on the boards for now, and again, I am sorry.

BTW, I was wondering if any of you went to see TTT that afternoon, I was really gearing for that.

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Believe me you cannot get voted out lol.... Not everyone makes it to every meeting...Stuff comes up....

And yes we did go to TTT....Me, Jane, Don, Shawn, Lori, Barry, & Britt went...

It was fun...Hope to see you next meeting...

21. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I was looking for you Malice. I had a special surprise for you :D

22. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Malice, that was a crazy Sunday for you! See you at the next meeting.

Peace,
    Jim

23. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Tracy, forgot to mention that it's a Blas Tech EE-3 rilfe that Boba Fett has ;)

24. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    **Whispers "Hey Britt, help me out here, give me a hint on the Boba Fett ones"***

"Choo-choo"

LOL ;)

I am still laughing at that one. See, I cheat and I STILL can't get the question right! lol :p

25. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I've been noticing that people keep writing my user name wrong, here, and on the website. It's not Jedi_Loreen with an underscore, It's Jedi-Loreen with a hyphen. I just wanted to point that out. It might make a difference if someone was trying to do a search on me, I don't know specific the search engine here is.

26. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Lori:
    Noted, adn changed. sorry about that! Kinda hard to tell with handwriting and stuff and I just assumed it was an underscore. :) I'll rememeber in the future, though.

27. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Meeting Minutes for the Feb. 9th, 2003 OCFF Meeting

Topics Covered:
  28. New Postions
    Tracy is now Vice-City Rep. "A Surprise to be sure, but a welcome one." :p

29. Web Page
    Britt is going to be able to get us a ".com" domain name, for only $11/year.

30. Comic-Con
    The Comic-Con T-shirt design has been completed. It was put together by Britt, and it looks awesome! Check it out, through the link. Sometime soon, our Comic-con T-shirts will be available. Shawn is working on some hookups with his coworkers. The T-shirt will be made locally this time, instead of through the Online source we were using before. One otehr note, Tickets are still not available for Comic-con.

31. John Williams Concert
    For more information on this, check out this OCFF thread. The OCFF will defintiely be going to this event as long as everything works out. Tickets rang from $3-$35. Tickets are not on sale yet. More info will be posted when it becomes available.

32. Grand Slam
    This is a Convention that will be held in March sometime, in Pasadena. We don't have much info right now, but it will be posted sometime soon by Shawn. What we do know that is that Carrie Fisher will be there,quite the rare occurance, because she doesn't often do star wars related signings.

33. Disneyland.
    Phoenix FF has invited us to Disneyland. They will be going on Feb. 22 and 23rd, and on the 23rd, the San Diego FF, Ventura FF, LA FF, and ourselves will hopefulyl have multiple members attending. Hopefully some car pool arangements will be worked out. I look forward to this event a lot, and hope that many people will be coming. :)

34. Collection for sale
    We covered a few other minor topics. Mike has a friend who is tryign to get rid of his star wars collection. He is going to try to bring a list of his friend's collection to our next meeting to see if anyone wants to buy anything from him.

35. Trivia Contest
    This month, Tracy hosted the Trivia Contest. Here is the quiz, for anyone who wants to see it, but was unable to attend.

1. (ANH) Where on Tatooine is Obi-wan (Ben) Kenobi?s home located?
    2. (TPM) Which Pod Racer met his end, crashing into a stalactite inside the cave on Boonta?s Eve?
    3. (ESB) What is the name of Luke?s WING MAN during the Battle of Hoth?
    4. (ROTJ) What new type of ship(example: X-wing) was introduced in this movie, and used in battle for the very first time by the Rebels against the 2ns Death Star? (two possible answers, an extra point if you can list both)
    5. (ROTJ) What duo did Luke describe as ?hardworking??
    6. (ESB) What are the odds of ?successfully navigating an asteroid field? according to C-3PO?
    7. (OT) How many landing struts does an X-wing have?
    8. (AOTC) What is the name of the current queen of Naboo?
    9. (TPM)What number and type are destroyer droids? (1/2 point each)
    10. (ESB)To help avoid ties, this question is worth up to 6 points. List as many Bounty Hunters that are present on Darth Vader?s ship, the Executor, during ESB when Vader says, ??No disinigrations!? +1 for each correct name (6 guesses max)

Answers: (Highlight to read)
    1. Jundland wastes/ out beyond the Dune Sea
    2. Ratts Tyrrell
    3. Hobby
    4. A-wing/B-wings
    5. C-3PO and R2-D2
    6. 3,720:1
    7. 3
    8. Queen Jamilla.
    9. P-59 Wheel droids
    10. Boba Fett, Zuckuss, IG-88, 4-LOM, Dengar, Bossk

Britt was the winner of this months' Trivia Contest, with Barry as a very close second. The Prize was the Orange Electronic Lightsaber, SW valentines, Stickers, and the Jango Fett Blaster Key Chain. So, n
  37. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    great meeting everyone!

tracy, you forgot to mention the lightsaber building class on sunday the 16th at 1pm. for more info check out the thread.

nice pictures britt! hey, why am i the only one paying attention to britt? maybe thats why we lost the game. NOT! i can bring my path of the jedi next meeting to play if everyone wants.

thanks lori for bringing your newly made EL blades. they look awesome. now we can add EL blades to our new lightsabers. cost to be determined later.

welcome also to our new members. thanks for attending the meeting.

costuming class to be held soon. shawn is making arrangements. i will be available to help with the props for this. i can also help with boots and belts.

until next time [or sunday for those who are coming] may the force be with you,

zhi-don [don]

38. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I missed a couple other things too [face_blush] oops. I will edit it later tonight, as I do not have the time right now, I gotta run. Sorry bout that, I did it last night at like 12:30pm

39. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Doh, gotta update the website....

40. MikeyKnew

MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Yeah, and Tracy, you forgot to mention that I was not allowed to plat SWTP. Remember, you guys said I was far too knowledgable and I can't win every game. That's why I'm not in the picture, right?

41. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Riiiiiiiiiight.

You left because you couldn't handle the challenge.... and the massive skill of the people who were playing!!!

:p

42. MikeyKnew

MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    OK, here's a trivia question for you:
    Who would win in a fight, Salacious Crumb or Uma Thurman. This is a no brainer, so if you can't get this one, I can't help you.

::sidenote::
    If I ever win the trivia contest, and I get to draft the next one, you guys are in for a serious treat!

43. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, Uma Thurman obviously. Salacious Crumb is a puppet, so without someone controlling him, he'd just lay there doing nothing :p

44. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    That's not why Uma would win! Helllllllooooooooooo......

Emma Peel, Poison Ivy, she's a kick ass chick! lol

45. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Sorry, I'm not a big fan of Uma Therman. She's ok, I don't hate her or anything, like how I feel about Ben Afflack, er, I mean, Afleck, but I don't like her much either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.