main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting Saturday 2/1

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Krisch's at 1PM

Agenda so far includes ICON, web site, event planning.

2. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey folks. I'm going to try to show up to the meeting, so lemme ask the same stuff I asked Chris before the SWNYC meeting. How long do you think the meeting will run? Are there usually any post-meeting social activities? What's the deal with food?

3. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Hey Ark,

Well, to answer your questions: A "usual" meeting goes for about 1-1/2 - 2hrs. Depending on how much stuff we have to go over.

There are post-meeting social activities and these can be just about anything everyone feels like doing. Examples of some activities we've done are Movies, Malls, hanging out at someone's house, etc. The cold weather has really narrowed things down lately though.

Food, well, Kirsch's is a diner so generally we meet and eat, so-to-speak.

I think that covers everything :)

4. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    If you click the link that Triss has posted you will be able to see a menu from Kirsh's. It is a lunchonette/ice cream parlor that serves good food and homemade ice cream at reasonable prices. Kirsch's has been in Massapequa since the 50's so it has a very retro feel to it.
    Does anybody have anything specific they want to do afterwards? We can always go to the mall again. ;)

5. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Cool, cool, and cool. Thanks. :)

How about the SWNYC bowling event as a post-meeting social thing? It's at 7:30 at Chelsea Piers.

6. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    I'll be there.

7. ORION-DA-FUZZY

ORION-DA-FUZZY Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    not going to be able to make it

8. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey folks. It was great meeting everyone Saturday, and the food was good too. :)

I put in my email address under "public email" so you should be able to get it by clicking on "ark3." Okay, let's whip out the names cheat-sheet.

Orin: Send me an email regarding whatever Anime you're watching these days. I can point out new and cool stuff for you to watch.

Bill: Thanks for the suggestion on how to get back home. Your route was much simpler than Yahoo!'s route.

Jason: I would guess that we should keep business stuff off the board, so I'll email you shortly about that logo thing.

Ken: It was great to meet you. One of these days I should ask you about Blake's 7.

Dana and Triss: It was good seeing you two again.

9. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Ark,

It was a pleasure meeting you too. Sorry we couldn't hangout afterwards but I'm sure next time we will find something for all of us to do.

I'll look for that email.

Talk to you soon.

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah Ark, it was good to meet you and welcome aboard. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.