main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MF Ternian Report: The Death of Amidala Skywalker

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Get_in_Gear, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    im skeptic.

2. asdv7

asdv7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2003
    Here are some thoughts:

Padme touches Leiah and thinks that Leiah is Luke. That is why Leiah remembers her mother and Luke doesn't.

Yoda tells Obi-Wan not to let Luke off of Tatooine.

3. Darth_Caliginous

Darth_Caliginous Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2004
    Well this started out as a good thread, but then the Qui-Gon theorists and other people who think that there really is a flying saucer crash site in Roswell got a hold of it.

Qui-Gon has a hand in Luke's creation but not Leia's?:eek:

Luke was an "immaculate conception" but Leia wasn't?:eek:

Padme touched Luke but thought it was Leia?:eek:

:oops:

I'm as open minded as the next guy but people.... Puhleeeeze!

Here's the deal:

Padme and Anakin get married and do what people do on their wedding night. She gets pregnant. Not a stretch here. No Force influence, no midichlorian splitting, no "hand of Qui-Gon". Anakin is Luke's father. Luke (and Leia) are strong with the Force because of that. ("The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it, I have it and.... My sister has it.")

You can infer as many scenarios as you like but GL is just not going to get that complex. Say what you want, he is still telling a very simple story. There are no hidden meanings.

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Padmé probably delivers Leia and spends several minutes with her. She holds her, looks in her eyes, talks to her. In that time, Padmé cries, reflects, and smiles. This shores up Leia's memories in RotJ. And then somehow Padmé's body goes into shock, maybe blood loss, effects of what Anakin did...I don't know. And she is going to die. As she is dying, the alien surgeons discover a second child. A neat twist would be that Luke is unable to be delivered for some reason and the only way to save him is an emergency operation C-section. Padmé knows if this isn't done, the child will die. This is her final sacrifice of peace. She is not afraid to die, which we knew, and as she closes her eyes, Luke opens his for the very first time.

5. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Padme dies through the will of the force. If she was to survive and vader survrvied but still turned back to the good side, we would be back to square one again!

6. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Padmé probably delivers Leia and spends several minutes with her. She holds her, looks in her eyes, talks to her.

According to the report, Padme sees Luke first, names him and is then a gibbering wreck until she cops it.

7. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    OK I just thought about this and I don't think it has been said so I will say it........ok anakin and padme get it on.........padme gtes prego.......with leia........and qui gonn helps manipulate the midi's so that there are twins instead of just one baby......which is why in mottee's spoiler about ani sensing leia he doesn't sence luke.......because even though he IS the father luke was never supposed to be born.......mottee said that not even padme knew she was having twins.......and then vader thinks his offspring is dead which is why he does not put two and two together about leia

8. Darth_Caliginous

May 7, 2004
  9. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    I am speculating mottees spoiler reports which is what this thread was setup for if you don't agree that's fine but do not start to troll

10. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    "No. I am your father, though Qui-Gon Jinn acted as a surrogate father."

11. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    In a physical battle the dark side is more powerful and i accept that yoda will take a good kicking-even though he will get a few nice slaps in too!

it is when yoda or any jedi become one with the force they are sooo much more powerful than the sith-thats why the jedi win in the end of the saga!

the sith cant do this coz they do not have unconditional love obviously.

Wow-my opinions have changed!

*even though yoda is THE jedi master and when he becomes one with the force he is unrivaled-wise and powerful!*

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    "No. I am your father, though Qui-Gon Jinn acted as a surrogate father."

[face_laugh]

13. Darth_Caliginous

May 7, 2004
    "I am speculating mottees spoiler reports which is what this thread was setup for if you don't agree that's fine but do not start to troll"

Who's trolling? I simply think that folks are beginning to read too much into things. As I said. The spoiler was a good one (if accurate). Beyond that, there is over 33 pages of speculation that goes way off topic and ends up as Qui-Gon created the twins or some other nonsense.

The spoiler (and the thread) is "The Death of Amidala Skywalker", which in and of itself is incorrect and should be cause for alarm. Her name is Padme Skywalker. Amidala is her official last name, not first name. It was taken as she became Queen of Naboo.

I can't take a thread seriously (2 threads in fact) if the very name of the thread totally screws up the name of a major character.

So it's not trolling. It's a desire to get some accurate, verified information without having to scroll through 900 posts of pure conjecture passed off as a spoiler.

14. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    Motee is as accurate as they get. His wording of the title of it was a little mangled from one point of view, but also correct from another. It's not a big deal.

Motee says that Qui-Gon had a hand in the birth of the twins. This is why people are saying that. We aren't sure how, but he does.

15. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    by trolling I was talking about not accepting our proven isiders as reliable I have become so tired of ppl coming into the spoilers forum and all they do is say that all the info we get is wrong just because it does not fit into their tidy box of what they think ep 3 should be........I guess you just got the short end of it and for that I do apologise.......but motte is our guy.......in mottee we trust

16. ObiVanKenobi

ObiVanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    She is not afraid to die, which we knew, and as she closes her eyes, Luke opens his for the very first time.

Sapes, that got me all :_|

;)

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Once again, Qui-gon's involvement was that he caused the fetus to split into two seperate fetuses. Thus resulting in twins. Anakin is still Luke's father, same as Leia.

18. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    right siniister and I thin ktaht is why anakin sense's leia and not luke......

19. Jonas_Quinn

Jonas_Quinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2003
    OK, so I know that this is the SW Universe and sci-fi etc: that Anakin and Padme are not "humans" and that the scientific rules we know probably don't apply in GFFA but how can a single fetus split into both a male AND a female fetus unless the original fetus was from some kind of mutant XXXY embryo?

20. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Qui-Gon also altered all of the Y chromosomes in the other embryo.

I really hope it's as simple as helping Anakin and Padme hook up, or that he juiced up their midichlorian count. Splitting them into two may work too, who knows.

21. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    To Darth Sinister

They are not identical twins (one male - one female).

They came from different eggs. If they were split in two, then they would have been the same gender.

And don't hand me a bunch of crap stating that Qui-Gon could do anything at that point because he is one with the Force. Even if that's true, GL has a general audience to consider who is not as obsessed with Star Wars like us.

22. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Mystic_Warrior_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Well does anyone believe the soul stealing thing?
    I mean it sounds cool But I would love to see at the end of Return of the Jedi Anikan and Padm'e reunited.
    It would be beautiful. Does anyone know if there is any mention of Anikan being with padm'e again in the books?

23. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    One week before the film comes out, and I still don't get how Qui-Gon had a hand in the conception of the twins...

24. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    oh god, that rumor was an absolute nightmare

25. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    It wasn't a rumor, it was a legit spoiler! (I guess)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.