main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI MI-Grand Rapids, ROTS DVD RELEASE-11/1 and 11/5

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    Suncoast,Movies music and more... RiverTown Crossing Mall, Grandville MI.
    *Date(s):
    Tuesday 11/01/05 and Saturday 11/05/05
    *Time(s):
    TBD... sometime after 4pm each day.

Like last time a secure location will be provided to store tubs and to change.

During this event we will be hanging around the video store talking with customers and taking photos for charity donations.

So far I have chosen to work with the Red Cross and or the Salvation army. After seeing all the news of the distruction that has taken place down south I believe that these two charities are our best bet. They are going to be needing help for many months to come.

Since this event is so close to Christmas I am thinking of doing cash/toy donations for pictures. I still need to talk to the charities to find out if they would possible accept toys. Kind of like doing a "Toys for Tots" toy drive.

I think doing that would bring a smile to a lot of kids faces who have lost everything.

By the end of this month I would like to have a "meeting" with whom ever wants to help out with this evet in some way. The date is TBD. If you are interested in helping drop me a line.

This event will not be a cannon event, but I plan to wear my 501st clone. Everyone and anyone is welcome to come over and help... costume or no costume. We will need people out of costume to help run the photo printers and to take photos.

When the event gets closer I will post more information. Please, if I have left anything out or if you have a question let me know and I will try to respond as fast as I can.

That's all for now. I have a good feeling about this event. I think Dan, the store manager at Suncoast has been looking forward to this event all year! For all those who helped out at our last event.... YOU ALL ROCKED!!! Thanks for the help!

Thanks a bunch,
    TX-338 Out!

2. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I am so there. I have been looking for you to post something about this. I can print pictures again.

3. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I would love to be there. I can be in costume, is thier a limit to how many can come?
    I'll keep checking in for updates.

4. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    The miralukan will be with you :p

5. VADER674

VADER674 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Vader will be there....with a non costumed assistant to help out however she can.

6. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    hey All,

So far it sounds like we are going to have another nice crowd. If anyone is interested I will be hosting a small meeting on Friday, September 30th. I thinking about having in the afternoon/early evening. I want a chance to set down and put together a game plan for the event. On top of that I need to come up with some kind of flyer design that we can give Suncoast to hand out for the month of October.

Again the event is open to anyone who wishes to join us. That means you can come and hang out with us if you don't even have a costume.

(Vader... We will be having two Vaders on Saturday... At our last event we found that if we rotate a vader every couple hours it worked best. I know that those suits get mighty toasty. I hope that will work for you.)

Thanks,
    Donavon L

7. VADER674

Jul 9, 2005
    That will be great! yes toasty...thats an understatement...lol...nothing worse than vader turning into a puddle of goo in public....lol.

where you having the sept 30 meeting at?

8. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I haven't had a chance to check my planner yet, but I will plan on being there unless I already have plans. :)

9. MurphysLuck

MurphysLuck Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    Speaking of September Meetings, is there gonna be one? Third Sunday's coming up and we don't have a thread yet. [face_whistling]

10. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    well on tx's suggestion...id say we have our meeting on the 30th...kill two birds with one stone. Jabba mentioned having it at his place...and maybe some kind of cookout or something. Whatcha think jabba oh silent one? you out there? :p

11. AuggyBenDoggie

AuggyBenDoggie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Hey sounds good, i know i havent made many meetings latly but im still here and will definitly be attending!

I'll also bring my camera this time ..its a 5 mega pixil nikon it takes really good pictures, real crisp(no blur) i also have a printer that prints qualiy photos ...if needed.

12. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Well friday the 30th is'nt very good for me since I work until 8:30pm
    but sunday, sept 25th or oct 2nd would be cool, if you guys want to meet at my place!
    but we should iron out the details pretty quick!!!

13. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    ****** Meeting Update!!! (9/23/05) ********

*Date: Friday 09/30/05
    *Time: 6pm <or better offer> :b

I am going to plan on going to Jabbas for this months meeting so you all will be able to get some info on what is being planned. The local 501st is still plan on getting together on the 30th. We can have dinner and discuss our plan of attack for the 1st and the 5th of November. I will have more information from the Charities then.

Thanks,
    Donavon... TX-338 Out!

14. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    So who is going to Chili's?

15. VADER674

Jul 9, 2005
    well as part of the 501st and this fourm...I'll be at chilli's...who am I looking for or asking for? pm me with details will ya! thanks!

16. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Well everyone it looks like the meeting on the 30th is off. I have to work that night.

I am still planning on attending the meeting on the 2nd. If you can try and make that meeting.

TX-338 Out!

17. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *crosses arms and pouts*

You know, the FanForces and their DVD release thingies are conspiring against me. I'm home on fall break the week before the DVD is released, so I'm not here when you guys do your little party thing. But the Clevelanders decide to promote the DVD a bit before its release, the Saturday before I get back on campus, and on my birthday, too, just to add insult to injury. :p

Sadness swept over the land.

I guess I'll just have to pre-order the DVD and watch it at school on my computer. Such is life... *sigh*

18. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If anyone has anything they would like to donate for our charity raffle please let me know. Anything that can "Tie" in with Star Wars is good and so is gift cards and the like.... The more things we can raffle off the more money we can raise for the Red Cross.

So far we have a $100 gift card from the Out Back, art donated by Joe Corroney, a few Action Figures and copies of EPIII on DVD.

Drop me a line if you can find something do donate.

Thanks,
    Donavon

19. AuggyBenDoggie

Jun 7, 2005
    Courius...

What's going on the 1st and the 5th?
    where and what time?
    anyone from kalamazoo going to attend? i need a ride ;/
    is there a meeting sometime around the 30th?did it get cancaled/rescedualed?

i want to come to the realease but i dont see any updates or much activity on this thread.

20. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    -Event Information-
    Suncoast,Movies music and more... RiverTown Crossing Mall, Grandville MI.
    *Date(s):
    Tuesday 11/01/05 and Saturday 11/05/05
    *Time(s):
    TBD... 4pm each day... Plan to be there early for set up!

****UPDATE (10/15/05)****

I have talked with the Red Cross and we will have a representative with us for both days. On top of that I have acquired a professional photographer to shoot our pictures for Tuesday. All we will have to do is provide him with a little advertising, which wont be too much trouble.

Like last time a secure location will be provided to store tubs and to change.

During this event we will be hanging around the video store talking with customers and taking photos for charity donations.

So far I have chosen to work with the Red Cross. After seeing all the news of the distruction that has taken place down south I believe that this charitie is our best bet. They are going to be needing help for many months to come.

This event will not be a cannon event. Everyone and anyone is welcome to come over and help... costume or no costume. We will need people out of costume to help run the photo printers.

That's all for now. I have a good feeling about this event. I think Dan, the store manager at Suncoast has been looking forward to this event all year!

Thanks,
    TX-338 Out!

PS. Again if you have anything you would like to donate for the Charity raffle please let me know. Thanks!!!!

21. AuggyBenDoggie

Jun 7, 2005
    cool im going to try and make both .....sat almost 100% sure ill be there.

22. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    How was last night?
    Who and How many showed up?
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Hope everything went well, I should be thier for the 11/5 one. ;)

23. AuggyBenDoggie

Jun 7, 2005
    Yea tell us how it went?!?! i had to work mon but i took sat off, its still in the mall @ 3pm right?

24. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Its at 3 on Saturday Auggy. Do you need a ride?

25. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Okay everyone... the hours are getting close!

Tomorrow we will be starting around 3pm. Photos will begin by 4pm if not earlier. Depending on how many people actually show up we may be doing shifts for anyone in costume. We may also send those who are in non-armor costumes out into the mall to drum up some business.

Like all our events, if you need to take a break, you are more than welcome to.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day!

Thanks in advance to everyone who is able to make it out!

Donavon L

************** On a side note... We raised $116 on Tuesday. The mall security kept changing their minds so we ended up moving everything into the store. We learned a few things and I think we are ready for tomorrow.***********

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.