main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Midnight EPIII Screening at Cinemark 16 in Springs

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Mar 30, 2005.

1. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    we need to have a meeting place for the 19th because we i have never met any of you, unles JD goes, and i dont want to feel akward looking for you guys, though if the birrers are gonna be there they should be easy to spot.

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Hope they're not sold out yet. I was in Denver on SAturday, and saw a few theaters that were selling them, and I immediately peed my pants hoping I wouldn't miss out in the Springs with their showings. :(

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    You should still be able to get tickets. They have THREE midnight showings scheduled!

4. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, but I want the 12:01!!! :)

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    There is something special about saying that you were first ;)

There seem to be plenty of seats even for the 12:01 show...

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    I GOT MINE! WOOT! WOOT!

My buddy and I went out last night and got the 12:01 showing tix...and it's kinda bittersweet, you know?

Where are we meeting and at what time?

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I plan on going right after work, so I'll be there around 5:00 or 5:30. If it sounds like the lines will be too long by then I'll have my wife in line before then.

I think the place we will meet is "in line".

8. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Ah yes, the "in line" stance.

I know it'll be rather crowded, will we be the only ones in costumes? how will we know each other? I'm not like a dog that will walk up to somebody and sniff their crotch just to see if it's somebody I know.

Ok, that came out wrong...

9. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Did anybody read the notice on the front page of tfn stating that some tix will say the 19th, but really be for the 20th?

They said that some tix will say "18th" 12:01 am, and mean 19th, 12:01...did anybody clear this with Cinemark?

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    the P-town cinemark is have 3 shows!! but the times are stupid. they have 12:05, 12:10 and 12:15.

Still dont know where i am going to se it at.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yes, I called Cinemark directly. The shows listed for 12:01-3 on the 19th are the midnight PREMIER shows. And I heard them confirm it with someone else. So if you bought tickets for 12:01-3 am on the 19th then you will get to see the film at that time on the 19th. Which is Wed night/Thurs morning.

I won't be in costume. I will have my sabers ( if they let me bring them in ). I'll be with my wife and kids. You can check out pics of me on my site if you would like to find me.

http://fdp.stoneartgallery.com Just look under the production stills.

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    No costume!! I am shocked. :eek:.

13. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    It's a long story. I'd be happy to explain it via PM if you are that interested in it. But it's a bit too high profile for me to be caught in costume. It doesn't bother me, but due to my position in the congregation I have to be careful of upsetting others.

Personally, I'm gonna hate being there in street clothes. For this one night I really want to be a Jedi!

14. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    WOW! Freaked out when I saw that Cinemark posted new times for WEDNESDAY NIGHT!

Sent emails! Worried and Fretted!

Cinemark Corporate called me directly to confirm that if you bought tickets for Thursday May 19th at 12:01-3 am then you have PREMIER tickets.

So, panic averted. All is well....

Whew...

15. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, the tix actually say "PRE" on them, so I guess we're ok.

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I just think that means that you PRE bought your tickets. I don't have actuall tickets at this point. Just my confirmation "ticket". I'll probably swing by on Saturday and get my real tickets from the kiosk.

17. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Wahoo! I got my tickets for the midnight showing at the Cinemark, May 19th! Can't wait... :D

18. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Jyro-Thats just silly that society can't just let you have fun. Do they think you'll turn to the dark side? HAHA-just kidding. I have my tickets for the Powers Cinemark-anyone going to be there? I am about 75% sure I will be in costume. It depends on others going.

19. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    There is a slight possibility that I MAY be in costume. Maybe. Maybe. We'll be at the Powers Cinemark.

20. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Powers Cinemark for me too.

21. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Sweet-sounds like a good group of people are going to powers. If I do dress up I'll be hard to miss.

22. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    what are you going to dress as?

23. DarthDallas182

DarthDallas182 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    I looked on Fandango.com and the only 12 am showing seems to be at the cinemark at the mall on briargate... i want to go to the nice theatre, where can i get tickets?

24. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I was over there so I just went to the box office. The 12:01 is sold out but 12:02 was available. I made a costume to kinda celebrate Alec as Obi-Wan in Ep 4. God rest his soul, he was the reason I liked it so much when I was a kid and I wish he could have hung out till the end.

25. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Roll Call!

Who is going to the 12:01 Cinemark Carefree Circle (Powers) showing?
    I and my family (4) and three other family friends.

Who else? Sound off!

I have a dilemma. We are remodeling or Kingdom Hall and so have been kicked out of it for three weeks. That changed our meeting night to Wednesday! Which means we have services the night of the premier! Which means we can't sit in line! Now, I plan on being there at no later than 5:00pm that night. But I will have to leave by 6:00 in order to get my suit on and get to my services. And I won't be back until about, oh, 11:00pm at the latest. My wife can be back by about 10:00pm or so.

I might have one family friend that doesn't have services that night. He might be able to stay in line for us? Don't know. How does everyone feel about us leaving for four hours and then getting back in line. If we were there and then someone watched our place and then we came back, are we cutting? Or would you guys be cool with that?

I wonder how Cinemark will be about it?

The timing of the premier is a real bummer. I'll be up until at least 3:00am that night and then the next day at 7:30 have to be at our building site and I'll be there pretty much 24/7 for four days. I'm gonna be beat!

Let me know what you guys think. And, no, skipping services is impossible. I have lots to do that night.