main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Midwest Regional Meeting Planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    STLFF, so far just Elysia and I are planning on coming from the Des Moines area, as far as I know. Our FF boards aren't as active as some, so it's tough to be sure.

Dajuan, I won the DemiCon (Des Moines sci-fi convention) costume contest with my costume, and I'm thinking about taking it to Filmcon in Madison.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Awesome Hothie! It was one of my fav's at C3 :)

There's a hotel deal in the works now. More news when something is final.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I still really can't get anyone to commit to this. [face_plain] So it might be just me and maybe a couple people from the MN area. But now that it looks like I probably Won't be moving in the spring, I should try to become a little more active to see if I can't help out any.

4. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    We officially have a block of hotel rooms reserved for the June event. The rooms are at the St. Louis Adam's Mark under the Star Wars block.

Single and double rooms are $99, triple and quad rooms are $119.

To book your reservation, call 314-241-7400. If there are any questions, our contact at the hotel is Rob Sewell.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks Raven!!

6. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Awesome!
    Thx Raven!

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    First post is updated with new information.

I also added a marquee for our page :)

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hotel Update: the group name is Star Wars Fan Force. There is another Star Wars group close to our dates, so everyone needs to be clear when they book that they are with our group!

I edited that into the first post as well.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Another Star Wars group? Wonder who that is... :confused:

10. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    this was posted on our personal forums so I felt I should also post it here!!!

11. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Hello!! I think Grant's Farm would be a good place to go. The only real charge is parking, every thing else like getting in, the tram rides and shows are free. Only food, and souvenirs would require extra money...

12. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey Guys!

Why don't we have a logo contest for this event and make some t-shirts? We could maybe raise some money for charity.

Here is something I whipped up to get folks started:

[image=http://www.heartofthealliance.com/z/regionalmeeting.jpg]

13. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Oooooh, shiney!

14. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks

Like I said, just something I made to spark some ideas.

Dajuan~ Since you are the co-organizer with the most clout on the boards can we make this on official contest? With a deadline of say April 25th (same day rooms need to be booked by :) )

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That can be done, but the date would need to be moved up to get the shirts made in time I think. Let me talk to the person who was working on that and see how much time we need. Great idea Brad :)

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Here's the front and back of the T-Shirt design I made a while back...

[image=http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/4630/regmtg06twkv154rs.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ScottsPics/regmtg06tbkv1.jpg]
    Edits will be made on back, seems I missed a group or so. Sorry! New version will be up soon.

I think Grant's Farm would be a good place to go too, it's a nice place, friendly atmosphere. :)

17. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    I like that where you have all the FF's listed!

See, I like the shiney of what Brad did... but I also like the listings of what Scott did.... is there a way to merge the 2? Maybe put the FF listings in white so it could be put on the black shirt?

18. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    actually (if its not too expensive) Lukes could be done as a banner for over the BBQ pavillion...

19. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Hi all. Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. I'll talk to people at our meeting Friday to see what more definite interest there will be from Des Moines, so we can reserve rooms, etc.

As a discussion suggestion for the Midwest Meeting, we are having a lot of trouble recruiting. We meet up once a month at a coffee shop. We also game twice a month at a game shop, and there are a few of us who dress up for big events, like Ep3 release and the dvd release. We pass out cards at events, but can't get anyone to come and check us out. We know there are a lot of SW fans in the area, but can't seem to get them interested in meeting with us. And yes, I do shower daily, so I don't think that's it...

To quote an unpopular Gungan: Any help here would be hot.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So are you suggesting having a little roundtable talk about recruiting and keeping members? We were talking about where to stick a couple "shop talk" times in but hadn't really thought about topics yet. I think what you have there is a great topic, one that will be very important to all of us in the future. Maybe we should ask people to bring their ideas about that, suggestions about what does and doesn't work.

21. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I am suggesting it as a possible discussion topic. I didn't know what you had planned as far as round table discussions go, but this one would at least help us out, and probably help others out as well. I figure it would fall under the "being productive" purposes for having this meeting in the first place, and I am totally open to sharing ideas with other groups.

Oh, and the JedIowan Council is addicted to the SW Miniatures game. So, if anyone wants to play, I/we would be happy to bring ours and play with you, if time allows.

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Lily Wan and I are into Star Wars Miniatures and host monthly game sessions at our apartment. If we make it out to the Midwest Regional Meeting, we'll definitely bring our figures!

Phil

23. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    This Midwest Regional meeting is sounding very good to me!! And the t-shirt logo contest--cool! I also really like the idea of visiting a children's hospital--I do have a Jedi costume/lightsaber (I know--I'm a Fett fan, but that costume is going to take me a while--) Wow---I am really thinking of going to this---gotta save some $$, but it is far enough away (even the room deadline of April 25th) so I just might be able to swing it--have a nice weekend with the family as well (even though my husband is soooo not into Star Wars!)but he would be up for looking around St. Louis I'm sure! I will be sure to keep updated here about the meeting! There are some great ideas going on here, and I would really like to meet everyone...

24. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    hothie~

You may want to have your CR check the CR forum about membership retention/attrition/recruiting. There is a good thread in there about this with many helpful suggestions.

25. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3

Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    Indianapolis will be there. I don't know how many, but we'll be there.

And I hope you have a LOT of BBQ stockpiled. I love charred flesh... [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.