main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Misfortune (JA fanfic by Cassia), COMPLETED PEICE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Mar 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    A humour JA fanfic by Cassia, enjoy!!!!

Single part Story COMPLETED!!!!!!!

Title: Misfortune
    Category: Short Story, Vignette, Humor
    Rating: G - PG
    Time Frame: 8 years before TMP. Obi-Wan is 17.
    Summary: Obi-Wan ends up in jail and tries to explain to Qui-Gon how exactly he got there. Humor

Qui-Gon Jinn felt his comlink buzz silently, vibrating against his belt under his robes. He ignored it. The whole reason he had it set on silent was because he did not wish to be interrupted during this crucial meeting the with the Chu'ba Governors.

It buzzed again. And again. Qui-Gon sighed. Whoever it was was not going to give up. "I'm sorry your Excellencies," he apologized, pulling out his comlink. "Please excuse me for a moment."

The three Governors did not look very pleased, especially the one that Qui-Gon had just interrupted, but they complied.

Qui-Gon grimaced inwardly. Everything seemed to have gone wrong since he and Obi-Wan had set foot on Dothwyn. The last thing he wanted to do was further agitate the already upset diplomats.

"Yes?" he said into the comlink, his voice clipped.

"Master?" Obi-Wan's voice. Hesitant.

Qui-Gon did not swear and that was to his credit. "Obi-Wan? What's happened?" Qui-Gon knew it couldn't be anything good. Obi-Wan would never interrupt him this way unless it was important.

"W-well," Obi-Wan didn't know how in the world to say this. "I, that is, I didn't want to interrupt you, but they insisted I call, or they were going to send for you..."

Qui-Gon shook his head, the Governors were stirring impatiently and the 17-year-old on the other end of the comlink wasn't making sense. "Who insisted? Obi-Wan I'm very busy..."

"The police Master," Obi-Wan mumbled it quickly and it took a moment for the older Jedi to make out what he had said. "I've been arrested for vehicle theft and-and spice possession," Obi-Wan plunged uncertainly ahead, realizing only afterwards that there was probably a better way to have broken the news.

"YOU WHAT?" Qui-Gon forgot for a moment that he had an audience. Quickly regaining control of himself he took several deep breaths, ignoring the blatant stares of the three Governors and their staff.

"But I'm not guilty!" Obi-Wan quickly added. "It's all just a big mistake..." his voice trailed off miserably.

Qui-Gon resisted the urge to groan. This whole blasted mission had been one big mistake from the start. "Where are?" the big Jedi asked with a sigh.

Qui-Gon saw his Padawan sitting dejectedly on a slide- out cot in one of the Police Station's small detention cells. When Obi-Wan felt his Master approach he quickly rose to his feet.

"Well Obi-Wan, we've been through a lot together, but this is probably the first time I've had to bail you out of Jail," Qui-Gon's voice held the faintest twinge of amusement. He had no doubts about his Padawan's innocence, but he was sure this was going to be one interesting story.

"I'm sorry this happened Master," Obi-Wan looked down at his boots. "Are the Governors-"

"Furious," Qui-Gon answered before he'd even finished. Obi-Wan winced.

"What happened to your robe?" Qui-Gon asked, noting that Obi-Wan was no longer in the possession of the long, dark brown Jedi robe that he had been wearing when they parted earlier. "And your clothes," he noted what looked like grease stains on the knees of the apprentice's pants and there was something pinkish-red on the collar of his tunic.

"Its - a long story," Obi-Wan sighed.

"Let's hear it," Qui-Gon said, not at all amused. "I am quite interested in how in the Sith you got yourself in here. I thought you were going to return to our rooms to wait for me." The last statement was more of a question.

"I was, or that is, I did, only..." Obi-Wan ran his hand through his short hair. Where to start? "You see, they pulled Jor over because the rear illuminator on his speeder was out and we-"

"Wait a moment," Qui-Gon held up his hand. "Who is Jor and what were you doing in his vehicle? I thought you were taking the public transport back."

"I did, or

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    You can't imagine my delight at finding another Cassia story and this time we find she not only writes incredible tearjerkers, she also has the incredible gift of heartwarming humor.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    LOL! Great stuff! Keep more of these coming!

4. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
  5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Cassia does humor too? What a wonderful story!! Simply delightful. If I had 1/8 the writing talent this girl has, I'd be very lucky indeed.

6. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    cool.gif That's great!! cool.gif

I love the humor pieces that the people around here can come up with. They're fabulous!!

7. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Great humor. Loved it!

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very Funny!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hahahahaha! That was awesome! Keep 'em coming you guys, cause I have no idea where you're getting these stories by Cassia from!

10. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    I thought this was funny as well
    glad people are enjoying it

Kim B

11. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    tongue.gif Hey Great fic. Keep 'em coming! tongue.gif

12. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    Whats this tearjerker story your talking about? please tell me!

13. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Umm, that would be 'Lost Light' or 'Five Deaths to Die' or 'Deep in the Night'. Those are all tear jerkers.

14. Drakh

Drakh Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    Here's my lightsaber test... what do you think?
    http://users.anytimenow.com/DrNilesCrane/Sabre_test.jpg http://users.anytimenow.com/DrNilesCrane/Sabre_test.jpg

Matt

MTFBWY!

15. Batman

Batman Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    dude...that seriously cool. Did you use Photoshop to do that? If so, what filter did you use. I am planning to make a small duel movie, and would like to make it as real as possible.

Batman

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    let me guess...you're the one on the right?::)

Quest

17. Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I just see a picture of Obi, Qui, Ani, Amidala, etc. What is it supposed to be?

18. Jedi Chimi

Jedi Chimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2000
    It was a saber test. He painted the blades on the picture.

19. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    I think it's supposed to be a joke, guys.

20. Ejan Jerthrid

Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 1999
    No, Chimi's right. It was an image taken (presumably) from the Insider's Guide (which has several photos that are from the set, not doctored by effects, which people have used to test their saber effects).

Good Job, Drakh

21. Drakh

Drakh Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    In case you doubt this, here's another one!

Matt
    http://www.gtarling.f9.co.uk/Jedi_fight_diff.jpg http://www.gtarling.f9.co.uk/Jedi_fight_diff.jpg

22. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Awesome. Simply awesome.

Darth Milarc
    Writer/Director/Visual Effects Supervisor
    "Dark Jedi"

23. QuiGonJinn84

QuiGonJinn84 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 1999
    This will sound stupid...but how do you get one of the insider guides images onto your hard drive so you can work on them? Thanks.

24. Batman

Batman Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    wow....that proves OB1 is a sith. J/k.

did you use Eyecandy to do the glow, or is it a secret?

Batman

25. Xanatos 1

Xanatos 1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2000
    i think it was Ulead MSP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.