main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] I figured that, moose, I was just being silly. :p Tends to happen to me a lot when it gets to be past midnight. ;) [:D]

2. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Aw dang! I missed it! Gotta keep a closer eye on these the resources boards better...
    :(

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm sorry to say this but I'm having to put MMM on hiatus for a short while. IRL is being more evil than normal lately and I just can't seem to cope or sort things out right now. Not wanting to go into detail, it includes getting a job, moving, some personal medical stuff, family stuff, etc. Hopefully I can find time to sort out a mid-December MMM, but yeah, sorry if I seem to neglect this thread.

[:D] to all the MMM fans and here's hoping things are going better for you than they are me.

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Who wants a new MMM? [face_batting]

I'll have a look through suggestions on Monday and come up with something. :)

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    *raises hand* Oh, oh Me!!

I could really use some mush about now! Not to mention my muse could use the push to write a one shot! ;)

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'd go for some mush. I don't have any particular ideas, but since it's a new year, perhaps something about newness or a new start would be good.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm interested. :)

9. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Hi! It's been so long...great to see that MMM is still here! :) I am totally in favour of a new one!

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry about not having a challenge yet, I've been staying with my boyfriend a lot lately and I don't have my desktop with me so I don't have any of my MMM files and stuffs. I haven't forgotten you, I've just been a bit distracted. [face_blush]

If someone doesn't mind nagging me to do something then I'll get it done much sooner. :)

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Since Valentine's Day is on Monday, February 14th, why don't you select that as the next MMM date.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I week just isn't long enough for anyone to write anything. I won't even be home until Wednesday so the challenge won't be up until at least then. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but as a challenge date it's just too soon.

13. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Maybe a Valentine's-type challenge but not due til the end of the month?

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Challenge date ......... how about a dating mush? Not necessarily romance, just the date. One person taking another one out, for any reason.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Will put up the challenge on Monday! Hope you're all looking forward to it! :D

16. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    It's Monday, and like I promised there's a new Monday Mush Mania!!!! [face_dancing]

Today is going to be a bit special because I've been neglecting you all for so long, so to blow away the cobwebs we've got a challenge and a discussion to help you get back into the mushy swing of things.

Teh Challenge!

Topic: Dates and Dating

This is going to be a broad theme, so let your mush muse run where it wants. The only restriction is that it has to be mushy! Need some help? Wikipedia has this helpful disambiguation page that has many uses for the word 'date' so there's plenty of obscure stuff to throw in.

Due date: 28th March

Teh Discussion!

Theme: Dates and Dating

We've all been on dates and some of us have been on more than others. We've all got some happy stories to share and some embarrassing stories too. This discussion is more about sharing than discussing, so share your stories with us! What's the worst date you've been on? What's the best? Is it still dating when you're in a long term relationship or even married?

17. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Been married almost 17 years, and my take on the last question is that married dating is not only still "dating", it's still necessary.

Worst date: probably when I was 16, wearing a white sundress, and dumped pizza face-down in my lap. The guy never called me again, not that that was any great loss.

Best date: I'll come back to that one.

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yay! For new Mush!

I actually have very limited dating experience. I was with one person for almost 9 years and we started dating in high school so I don't really know how to date as an adult and that fact really freaks me out! [face_blush] [face_worried]

Worst Date: Probably the Snow Ball dance when I was 15 or 16. Nothing specific comes to mind that happened it was just really, really awkward.

Best Date: Probably when we went with another couple to Disney World. We had all been sticking together for most of the trip and one afternoon/evening we decided to split up and let each couple have time alone. We went on all the kiddie rides, ate lots of junk food, had a great meal, watched the fireworks and then laid in a hammock on the beach at our hotel. [face_love] ( :( )

Yes, I do think if your married or in a long term relationship you still go on dates, I agree with anakin_girl that it is quite necessary. You need alone time and time to do special things! :)

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Worst date: The two dates I had with the guy who stalked me.

Best date: Probably going out on my 21st birthday.

As for if you are dating if you're married, I think it depends on the situation. Like if you just go out for pizza or something because there's no food in the house I wouldn't consider that a date. If you actually going out and do something fun together, then yes, it's a date.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What if you go out to have pizza as something fun to do? :p

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Well yeah. :p

I guess I should specify a little more. When my husband and I are out running errands and stop somewhere to eat, I don't consider it a date. Considering every outing a date takes away from the specialness of it.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is it bad that I couldn't remember the date for MMM and I set it? [face_worried]

Still plenty of time left if you want to write something! :D

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    You sound like me, moose! I do thinks like that all the time! 8-}

I'm hoping I get the time to write something for this one! Seeing as I'm hoping to go on a date pretty soon, it could be kinda like practice! :p

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hoping to write something for this one as well, I did recently write a Han/Leia date but it wasn't very mushy, I don't know which couple I'm going to focus on for this. Waiting for my real life to slow down just a teeny bit...

25. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh I hope I can get to this one.

Worst Date: Oh god... uh... had to be from when I was in high school and I went out to the movies with a guy that liked me. Yay...not so fun.

Best Date: Oh my, I have to think this one through. I would have to say it was a year ago maybe, two with my ex. We set aside a Friday night, dressed up, went to Cheesecake Factory, then went to Boardwalk here in Orlando and went to Jellyrolls. It was sooo nice to go out just us two at the time, and I'll never forget it.

I've only been on a few dates since I broke up with my ex, so I'm still trying to get back into the game. I just wish the guy started talking to me again. I had a lot of fun with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.