main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Monthly Meeting Proposal

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hey All,
    I've got an idea now that we are pretty well organized and getting on with the new year. I think we should start having a monthly meeting/activity that is fairly regular. It would entail going over some biz, maybe making some decisions about upcoming events and then a fun activity. For instance, we could choose a regular meeting place like a restaurant or bookstore, take care of our biz and then do something fun like go to a movie together, or have dinner, or even just do something 'on the cheap' - spend time together, socialize and stuff. It would encourage new members to join us. Also, under 18's would be allowed to attend b/c of meeting in a public place.

I want to know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, comments..anything that comes to mind.

Thanks!
    :)

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I second this idea!!
    Alot of other fan forces have a set day for their meetings like the 3rd Sunday of every month for example, if possible I would like to see that happen. It would make things much easier on those of us with children to arrange for a regular babysitter.

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Hi OuterRim...J.Sat, co-President from the NJFF, dropping by.

We have decided that once a month meetings would be a good thing...gets you in a routine.

Hopefully, you too will do this.

Also, we look forward to doing some things with you guys...myself or DarthGyos would be the ones to contact.

The best of luck.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Hi Outer-Rim, PA/NJ/NY transient resident Pada915, FF NJ Treasurer here.

I would be glad to come to a meeting sometime when I'm in the area. I would like to see how you have been running things so that I can take ideas over to our FF.

Just like Satimber said, you can contact either him, DarthGyos, Ghosts_Of_Anakin (our CR) or myself. :)

Take care and hope to see you soon,

~Pada915

5. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Welcome, NNJ friends.
    Shall we make the first meeting a Super Bowl Party, especially since the Eagles will be playing in it?

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    nah...it will be the Buccaneers playing in the Super Bowl. :D

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    So Rob, are you willing to host this Super Bowl party?? ;)

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that is a good ?

maybe he can host the party...and have the entire tri-state area FF's at his house. :p

9. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    If I'm not at the game (I am an Eagles Season-ticket holder and thus have a --slim (1in10)--chance of getting a Super Bowl Ticket), I will certainly see what can be done.... I've got a 50" projection TV, and a decent-sized family room (16'x20'), so there's enough room for a handful or two of people to get together and see the game and root the Eagles on! I'll keep everyone posted.....

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Well, would you accept Iggles-haters?

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Iggles!?! LOL!
    Alright Rob if you host the party I'll bring the buffalo wings!

Go Eagles!!!! Hopefully they'll face oakland again and this time win!!!

12. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Count me out. I hate football all together. I don't think I'd even know when the Super Bowl was if you asked me.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

Teh Super Bowl is like a National Holiday. It is like the one game a year that everyone watches. :D

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I'm with Iycis...I don't watch the Super Bowl either. Would rather watch ice hockey or just stay home and sew costumes. ;)

15. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok since I've been kinda slow with getting organized, we'll plan on having our first regular monthly meeting in March. I'm looking for suggestions now as to where to have it. I was thinking a public place, somewhere near KofP or Plymouth Meeting malls.

Ideas?

~Jenni

16. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    How about at a restaurant that has a separate room where we could meet or a place off to the side?

My brain isn't coming up with any suggestions right now except for Pizza Hut... Hmmm... There's got to be other places though...

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    What about Barnes & Noble? They have cozy chairs and a place to get some coffee. The New Jeresy chapter had a meeting at one and the SWNYC usedto have them in the food court of their local mall.
    If not that, maybe we could have meetings at members houses, or do both. I would gladly host a meeting at my house. In the summer I can even host a meeting/bbq if anyone in interested.

18. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    That very first meeting at TGI Friday's Plymouth Meeting was good. (Even though I went to the TGIF KoP [face_blush] )
    Didn't they open up that double sized booth for us?

Have fun!

19. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    Barnes&Noble on Chemical Road in Plymouth Meeting is centrally located.
    Other suggestions:
    Old Country Buffet at 202/Germantown Pike is cafeteria-style.... you pay when you walk in, and you can stay for as long as you want. I think dinner prices are around $7-8 per person.
    Starbucks in the same shopping center.
    Starbucks at Germantown Pike & Plymouth Road (the light before the turnpike interchange.
    How's The Cheesecake Factory in KofP? I've heard it's always busy, but that might be an alternative as well.

20. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey that Cheesecake Factory is not cheap!! Plus it would put a real strain on my diet, and we can't have that now can we!?!

21. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Old Country Buffet or Barnes and Noble sound good!

I'm with Wendy on the Cheesesteak Factory... WAY too pricey for us.

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Quick question for you all?

How far are these meeting place suggestions from the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area?

I am curious, because if I can get to one of your meetings, I would like to be familiar with the area.

J.Sat
    co-President of the New Jersey Order

23. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Most of what is being mentioned here is either within a few minutes of the Valley Forge/King of Prussia PA Turnpike exit, or, (even better for a Jersey commuter) within minutes of the Mid-County (Plymouth Meeting) exit which is one exit EAST of King of Prussia.

Would be cool to see you!

Have fun!

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Thanks Nick for the confirmation...

Curious, you guys ever thought of the Denny's at the King of Prussia Mall? That is a good one...

25. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    Can't say that Denny's crosed my mind, if only because it didn't seem to be the kind of place where a bunch of us could meet and linger for however long we felt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.