main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moonlight Sonata: (JA/TPM Obi one poster)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    ~*~Moonlight Sonata~*~

(Obi's POV)

My fingers brush the pearly white keys if the piano in the sitting room of the small appartment my Master and I share. Qui-Gon has gone out for a dinner with Tahl and some of his other friends, he tried to get me to come along but I refused. I didn't exactly tell him why, I may have said something about having too much homework.

It's Qui-Gon's birthday tomorrow and I want to do something special for him. Something different, something that also happened to require a whole lot of work.

I have been taking piano with Lyra Faylien, a Master who teaches music to those intrested. Master Lyra says I'm a promising student, but I'm not always at the Temple so most initiates are better players than me.

One day when Master Lyra were discussing what I should get my Master for his birthday, she told me that nothing would make Qui-GOn happier than to hear me play Moonlight Sonata his favourite piece.

I know as well as anyone how fond my Master is of classical music, it's all he ever listens to, it's his stree relief. If he comes in tense and aggitated, all it takes is one session with his music for him to be calm and serene again.

I have never told him I play the piano, I've been back in the Order for about a month and music has been the last thing on my mind. Besides, if I had told him it wouldn't be a surprise not would it?

Lyra lent me the sheet music with the promise that it would be challenging, Force she was right. This is the singular, most challenging piece of music I have ever seen. If I had been taking lessons constantly for half my life I may be able to pull this off with out much effort.

But I am going to pull this off, even if I should have to escape into Master Lyra's study in the early hours of the morning. This will be ready for tomorrow.

I enjoy practising at night, the gentle moonlight shining it. And not to mention, the lights hurt my eyes when it starts to get dark. The minute Qui-Gon left, I had lit some candels, turned off the lights and opened the curtains. Now here I am, three hours later, still slaving over this thing. I can see why Qui-Gon likes this: you have to be commited to pull it off!

I shake out my fingers, hearing them crack. I stare at the moonlight shining across the music and the piano itself. I inhale, here we go again.

I position my hands on the keys again, careful where each finger is placed and already thinking about where they are going to go next. My left hand hits the chord while my right plays the melody, my foot hits the pedel allowing the sound to resonate through the room.

The moonlight continues to shine it's pale glow as the candle flames flicker with each movement of my hands. I cease to think anymore, it's like mediation.

Until my fingers hit the wrong keys, the melody dies and the chord seems to collapse on itself. I grit my teeth, that is always the place where I mess up. Just to spite the music, I play the last few bars again and punch out that last keys hard.

As the sound of the piano dies away, applause takes it's place. I snap my head around, my eyes widden at the sight before me.

Qui-Gon Jinn steps out of the shadows, still applauding.

"Why didn't you tell me you could play?" he asks as he walks up to my side and places his hands on the keys, trying to play the melody.

A sense of guilt comes over me, I say nothing as I play the matching chords to the melody. I eventually mutter something about him not asking and music being the last thing on my mind.

I instinctivly shove over on the bench to let him sit down, he does so and locks his gaze with mine. A small air of suspicion is in those midnight eyes.

"There is another reason you chose not to tell me." it's a statement, not a question.

This time I start playing the melody. "It was going to be a surprise." I answer in a near whisper. "I wanted to do something different, but...this is beyond my level."

Qui-Gon plays the chord and slips his free hand in mine. "It was perfect." he say

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :( that was so beautiful Arwen :_|

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :_| :_|

^
    | Compliment. Beautiful job, Arwen.

4. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    That was amazing Arwen. Moonlight Sonata is such a pretty song too. Great job!

5. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *sniffles* OMG that was so sad *grabs a tissue* I love that song and what made this fic is having the song play while reading it.

I truely loved the fic. It was breathtaking.

UP for more to enjoy this piece of art ^-^

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Thanks all of you!!! Merry Christmas!!!

7. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :_| That was beautiful! Very poetic... Good job!

8. Myrrh4BabyJesus

Myrrh4BabyJesus Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Very beautiful! :_|

I ilke how you wrote it! :D

God bless and merry Christmas!!!!!!

<3-Malz

Happy Birthday Jesus!

9. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    awwwwww. Arwen, that was beautiful!!

"play for me" "it was perfect because you played it"

:_| *sniff* oh Force...that was sweet yet wonderful!!!!

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!!!

Beautiful Arwen. The Moonlight Sonata is a sort of haunting melody. I love it :) In fact you've inspired me to dig out my copy of it :)

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm SOBBING d'you hear??? SOBBING MY HEART OUT!!! THAT WAS SO SAD!!!!

12. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm SOBBING d'you hear??? SOBBING MY HEART OUT!!! THAT WAS SO SAD!!!! AND YOU DIDN't PROVID ANy TISSUES!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.