main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN More Star Wars Theatrical Releases

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, what does everyone think will happen? Will we see all six films (or anything) released for the 30th anniversary? Will we see all six films released in high tech 3-D? Will we see re-releases of the prequels? Will we see 7-8-9? (kidding) Will we see, sometime in the future an "Episode 0" that chronicles the birth of the first Republic and a Jedi vs. Sith war?

The 3-D seems like a definite. I think all 6 films will be released this way. For the latest, check this link out.

Discuss.

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    G4 TV made an official announcement from LFL's Rick Macallum. They're waiting for theaters to upgrade and are lookin to release the 3-D versions in 2008

3. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I think they will release the movies in the new "Chrome-Domovision," or CDV, for the 30th anniversary. This high tech process involves projecting the movies in three dimensions onto Adam's giant, bald head. LFL is planning on sending Adam on a nationwide tour for the rerelease...

:D

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Due to an NDA, I am unable to comment.

5. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Lucasfilm is all about theatre's upgrading to the newest, most expensive equipment. First they were all about Imax, then it was digital projection, now it's 3D. What kind of projector will this kind of movie need and where can we find one (if we can find one)?

6. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    It depends. The easiest solution would be an IMAX 3D. That would require the least amount of change. Now, if they're talking about a digital 3D, beats me. I doubt there's a dozen theaters in the country with that kind of setup.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    With all of this in mind, do we think it will happen as soon as next year, as the article states?

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Next year? Not a chance. 2008? Not impossible, I suppose, but as close as you can get to it. Last I heard, this is a technique that uses digital projection. The way they talked originally, there was little if anything they had to do to the projectors themselves--it was mainly a production process. Theoretically, any digital theater could play them (not that that helps us a lot). I find that a bit hard to believe, however. Though IMAX 3D would definitely be the easiest way to do it, that wasn't the direction they were going.

9. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope they come out next year. In Evansville, we can see the 3D version already. Stadium 16 upgraded one screen to the digital projector that can show the 3D films. Chicken Little in 3D was most impressive (I had to go, I have 2 small children).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.