main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Plagueis

Master_Plagueis Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I'm just curious about the movie mistakes in episode III. things that wouldn't tie up to the old trilogy. Now, I know that the greatest fans of star wars are here on this fanclub. theforce.net is a great site, which I'm glad that I discovered it.

now, have you seen mistakes, I haven't yet.

2. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    There's nothing I can pinpoint right now.
    Someone might come up with something to make me
    say 'oh yeah, I missed that', but as it stands now
    nothing jumps out at me :)

3. DarthGrizzla

DarthGrizzla Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Dunno if this really fits in with this thread. It's more of a blooper. But in the final scene when OB1 carries Luke to Beru just before he reaches her he opens his cloak revealing the baby. Then at the close up when he reaches Beru it is repeated.

Also when palps strikes down Yoda with lightning in the office Yoda lands right next to the wall. But when Palps calls him his 'little green friend' and walks over to him Yoda is lying at least a metre or two off the wall.

But what the hell. It still rocks!

4. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    There's some continuity blips with lightsaber hilts between Anakin and Obi-Wan when they fight on the conference table.

5. Darth_Sinew

Darth_Sinew Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    The hand restraints are still shown on the top in one scene when vader is on the table

6. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I'm just curious about the movie mistakes in episode III. things that wouldn't tie up to the old trilogy. Now, I know that the greatest fans of star wars are here on this fanclub. theforce.net is a great site, which I'm glad that I discovered it.

now, have you seen mistakes, I haven't yet

Yeah Yoda losing his robe with his fight with Sidious, he jumps in the speeder with bail without it and then on Tantiv IV he is wearing it again. how did he get his robe back or did he have a spare one somewhere.

7. WiSe_SitH_LoRd

WiSe_SitH_LoRd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    The movie is perfect, it as no mistake..:p

8. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm pretty sure he had another one. Even though he looked awesome without one.

9. Hermione_Solo

Hermione_Solo Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2002
    well I think I spotted something... When Obi-Wan and Yoda are talking at the Jedi Temple after they discovered that Anakin turned to the dark side, Obi-Wan talked of the Emperor... But it seems this scene happen at the same time that Palpatine announce the creation of the Empire... How did Obi-Wan can possibly know that Palpatine has become the Emperor? I've seen the movie twice and each time I thought it was odd...

And what the heck wit the mess up with Jedi Masters on the Council? Anakin said something like: "it's impossible to be in the Council and not be a Master, it's never happened before"... Well in my Episode 1 movie guide it says that Ki-Adi-Mundi was the only one on the Council that was only a Jedi Knight... And to be granted the rank of Jedi Master you must train successfully at least one padawan...

10. DarthGrizzla

DarthGrizzla Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Just before Vader kills the younglings in the temple one of the younglings calls him 'Master Skywalker' (I think) but he wasn't given the title of Master.

11. ShadowofJedis

ShadowofJedis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    I thought the whole Ki-adi-Mundi thing was just EU stuff. If it was in the movie guide, it was probably just filler to make him sound more important or give the character more depth. I remember reading stuff about ROTJ from different guides and books that were just BS they used to add some filler.

As for the whole emperor thing, Palpatine mentions the Empire, and since he's the ruler of the Empire, that makes him the Emperor.

12. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Revenge is pure bloody gold....

13. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Master is a term of respect. Obi Wan was called Master Jedi a few times in AoTc and still was only a knight.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    On Utapau when Grievous splits his arms he gets the four lightsabers from around his waist, even though he actually keeps them in pockets in his cape.

15. BareBodkin

BareBodkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    We never found out who ordered the clones.

Thats more connecting ROTS to AOTC but still, it was something left unresolved.

16. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    When Obi-Wan and Yoda are talking at the Jedi Temple after they discovered that Anakin turned to the dark side, Obi-Wan talked of the Emperor...

In the security hologram they watch, Sidious tells Vader to go bring peace to the Empire.

Jedi are commonly referred to as masters even if they are not actually a master yet. And he's just a little kid. ;)

Well in my Episode 1 movie guide it says that Ki-Adi-Mundi

EU sucks.

17. vigil

vigil Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    personally I find the final scene, where obi-wan hands luke to to Beru bothers me.. its just the way he hold the baby.
    I mean, he's holding the baby's head with his left arm while he kind of brushes his cloak aside to reveal the baby's body better.. and it looks like he stops supporting the body for a second.. and holds luke to him just by his head and upper torse with one arm....

luke's back: *snap*

18. phoenix_82usa

phoenix_82usa Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    Padme wasn't supposed to die! In episode six Luke asks Leia if she remembers her real mother. Leia say yes and that she was very beautiful but very sad. And that she died when Leia was very young. Anyone know why Lucas did this? Was he trying to fit in everything? Or was Leia talking about her adoptive mother? I can't figure it out.

19. ShadowofJedis

ShadowofJedis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    Actually, in movie terms, you do know who ordered the clones. THe moment the emperor initiates Order 66, it essentially means that Palpatine ordered the clones, and instilled the order 66 into they're mental programming. Thats the big revelation, its just never spoke.

That whole thing is excluding any EU material about the clone's ordering, I'm just saying from a pure movie P.O.V

20. Master_Cin_Drallig

Master_Cin_Drallig Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Not sure whether it's just me but when Owen buys Threepio and R2 in ANH he doesn't seem to recognise them, nor does Beru. I know Threepio had a mind wipe and R2 can't speak but you'd think that Owen and Beru would show some recognition.

21. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    There's some continuity blips with lightsaber hilts between Anakin and Obi-Wan when they fight on the conference table.

Yeah, when I first saw that in the trailer, I convinced myself it was just caused by the editing of the trailer itself, but there it was on the big screen.

It will frustrate me if I let it...

...so I won't.

The rest of the film was so brilliant that I want to put that one little glitch out of my head.

22. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Not sure whether it's just me but when Owen buys Threepio and R2 in ANH he doesn't seem to recognise them, nor does Beru. I know Threepio had a mind wipe and R2 can't speak but you'd think that Owen and Beru would show some recognition.

He was gold by the time they bought him 22 yrs after AOTC, and lots of protocol droids look like 3PO, maybe they would have figured it out, had they not been killed the next day.

23. JediKnightPower

JediKnightPower Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Excellent movie first of all. Definitely ties things up, and goes well beyond the first two episodes. Brought me back to my childhood days.

When Palpatine was telling Anakin about the powers his mentor Darth Plaguis (sp?) taught him about stopping death, doesn't that contradict the emperor dying in Return of the Jedi?

24. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    The first time I saw the film, at midnight, I thought the whole thing with Obi Wan calling it an Empire seemed a little off as well. But having seen it a second time last night, it is mentioned in the security tape with the Emperor and Vader that it is an Empire.

As for the Ki Adi Mundi thing, I guess that is just a mix up between EU and movie. Although I like EU, there are mistakes made.

The whole Leia remembering her mother can be explained like this. She says she remembers images really, feelings...she was sad. She was sad, because her husband, the man she loved had turned to the dark side and esentially killed her. This was infused into Leia from the start because of her ability with the Force. It never actually says how old Leia was when her mother died, but it can only be assumed that due to her mother-daughter tie, she remembers Padme and Luke doesn't.

Anything else?

25. ckhan1206

ckhan1206 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    When Obi, Ani and Palps are falling down the shaft with the elevator plumetting down from above, Palps no longer had a grip on Ani's leg and, in fact, was several feet away from his rescuers. Yet when the 2 Jedi utilize their 'grappling hook string life savers,' Palps swoops into the hanger with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.