main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist MsLanna's Bits and Pieces, *~ 12/27 Cover for Diary Challenge Story 2011

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MsLanna, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *pokes Ducky*

Everybody has to start somewhere. Give yourself a chance. Try materials and styles out. Just for fun.

2. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    *pokes myself*

i like being poked! well, to tell you the truth, i'm allways changing styles, though recently i settled on one. though i only ever realy use pencil. besides. i don't know how to put pics on here, and everything.

3. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi ^___^
    You've got some nice stuff here, that last penciled Boba was very good, and like you said much better than the first drawing. Just keep practicing and you'll keep getting better.

It's good to see a mando fan too. I'm a big Republic Commando fan. I really want to read your course book :D

PM HanSolo29, she's the mod :)

4. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    ok... but!... MsLanna. do you realy think i should? i just self appointed you to be my advice master.

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Lanna master this, Lanna master that, Lanna, I know you're the paddy, but now be master for a while, too....8-}
    Why me?:_|
    :p

Ducky: DO IT! That's an order from your Master.[face_not_talking]
    I'll pm you about getting pics up and the thread started.[face_batting]

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    But, Lanna, your padawan want advice from you. He is not going around yelling that you hold him back. And I bet he also does not intend to slice you into pieces with a light saber.

;)

*is in a funny mood today and sings the DEPECHE MODE song "Master and servant" for Lanna:

"Theres a new game
    We like to play you see
    A game with added reality
    You treat me like a dog
    Get me down on my knees

We call it master and servant
    We call it master and servant

Its a lot like life
    This play between the sheets
    With you on top and me underneath
    Forget all about equality

Lets play master and servant

Its a lot like life
    And thats whats appealing
    If you despise that throwaway feeling
    From disposable fun
    Then this is the one

Dominations the name of the game
    In bed or in life
    Theyre both just the same
    Except in one youre fulfilled
    At the end of the day

Come on, master and servant"

... :p*

7. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    ... THATS AN AWSOME SONG!!!!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Depeche Mode. I know a Dutch Depeche Mode board that has Darth Vader and Darth Sidious as moderators and Artoo and Treepio helping them. Its depechemodeforum.com

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    hey. does anybody other than Mslanna have a suggestion of what i should draw? i already asked Lanna, but she basically said the same thing in 10 deifferent words: Clones and Mandos [face_laugh]

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Of course the little seductress said so.

[face_shame_on_you] Mel, Mel, Mel.

No,honest, Ducky, do what you feel up to do. Visit the other art threads here in fanart and see what other people are up to.

[:D]

11. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    well, i just have this major writers block, wich how ever much i draw [which happens to be close to 24/7] i can never surpass it. so, i usually need a suggestion or two of what to draw, to ge me rolling. plus, i just want to appease the people. i don't want to draw stuff that me and like only 10 other people will actually be interested in looking at.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hm, sleep on that I must... answer might there be next evening.

*hopes so*

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Dear Ducky, would you mind cutting the chatter and get your own thread up? [face_not_talking]
    Start posting Kad and Ruusaan, those two are cute.[face_batting]
    Also, draw for your own fun and don't think so much about what others will want to see. If you want ideas, you can always check the Request thread and see if something strikes your imagination.:D Or you could just illustrate scenes from the novels or fanfic you like a lot.[face_thinking]

Yeah, Azure, I'm a bad person, what did you expect? o_O You know me.:p

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are as terrible and beautiful as the dawn... wait wrong movie... [face_blush]:p

But please keep on being creative, save it you can from the madness at work.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    It's been a looooong time, but I finally did some more work on the R2.
    Last night I sat down and started on the lgs. Looks fine so far.:D

[image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Geeks%20Stuff/R2legs.jpg]

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    If you would not be so busy and that art piece so big, than I would say: come to visit us, collect your art present from earlybird and drop your art piece at the Van Abbe Museum for Modern Art.

A very bold man did that a coupleof years ago, hanging up his own painting in the museuum. It was a success.

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, more FanFic covers.

For my longest story so far, I have finally come up with a cover.
    Two actually, and I can't decide which looks better.
    So let's hear some opinions.[face_batting]

[image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Cover%20Art/TRIDU01.jpg] [image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Cover%20Art/TRIDU02.jpg]

Um, the Thrawn at the side is my own. I don't think I dared post him here.[face_blush]

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love how that Star Destroyer is ripping through the first page of the journal. [face_laugh]

I like the first one better, mostly because the other one makes me go, "Captain Jack Harkness is on the cover page! Oh wait... that's Torchwood, not Star Wars. Huh?" :p

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I agree, although the Torchewood reference didn't really throw me, the first just seems less cluttered and simple in my mind tends to be better for cover art. The more complex is better when sold as related memorabilia. Like the image of ESB with Han and Leia kissing in the middle of a field of images (Why this reminds me of this I don't even know) Not good cover art, but great a great picture to hang on a wall or keep and savor.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love the first one and a great way to have a cover for your story.

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Mel! You are a real surprise! What a cool photo of you! Well, you indeed rose your cute backside for the Empire and did this amazing fanart up-date.

:D[face_love]:*[:D]

PS: I like the left one more, because it is more balanced and less crowded. Sorry, John Barrowman!

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks Idri, I didn't even think of that.:oops: Probably because I never watched a single episode of Torchwood.
    But I agree, it can really get you into the wrong fandom.
    And the ISD coiming through the page was the first idea I had for the cover. Everything else is bonus. ;)

Mitth - No objection from me. (Personally, I like the one without Arn better.)
    Kissing, hm? I'll try to remember that for my next cover.[face_laugh]

early-bird - Thank you.
    Daddling away with photoshop can be a great way of working on a story without really writing. :D

azure - It's a pic from the last Jedi-Con.[face_laugh]
    Next time, I hope to have you along. [:D]

Okay, nothing big and nothing really self-made either.
    I will be hosting a bounty hunter game at the next Jedi-Con and had to create a logo for that. So here it is. didn't take long ata all.:D
    [image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Jedi%20Con%202010/LogoKopie.jpg]

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Of course I will come along to the Jedi Con 2010 in Düsseldorf. Not only because you did such a brilliant work preparing so many things for the GFFG, but you have this plan with two of my graphic novels, haven´t you?

;)

Somebody has to read "While you are sleeping" and "Once upon the time..." to the kiddos there, right?

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    More from the game front.
    The front and back cover of the booklet the players will get. (Will have the wanted posters of the players in it)
    Front:
    [image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Jedi%20Con%202010/CoverKopie.jpg]

Back: (will have a link to our forum at the bottom)
    [image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Jedi%20Con%202010/RckseiteKopie.jpg]

And for fun, the consolation gift:
    [image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Jedi%20Con%202010/BobaFettKope-1.jpg]

(not gonna happen for real[face_laugh])
    the original:
    [image=http://www.supermarktcheck.de/img/product/picture/medium_b09e40f2255c051733d1571c2416be25.jpg]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice stuff with the red colour on black and funny Fett biscuits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.