main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My own designs (updated Nov 8th... although not SW)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CucumberBoy, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007

I have a new design I just haven't had time to do a presentable sketch.

2. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Allright so I did a quick render so this thread wouldn't die. I'll add more detail when I've got time.

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/087/3/9/Starfighter_4_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

EDIT: just noticed the right engine looks a bit off. I'll adress that later.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    That's awesome--very cool design! And not to worry about your thread "dying:" that only happens if you leave it idle for a number of months, with no posts or updates.

FF

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Your continued work is impressive!=D= I love the ship's design. It reminds me of a mix between Padmé's AOTC/ROTJ ship. I do love your style. Question! Have you done conceptional work for SW weapons?

5. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Well I did a sketch a while back and since you asked I did a very quick linework and colouring. Here ya go.

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/095/3/9/Blaster_Rifle_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

6. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Allright - new stuff... Enjoy!

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/095/9/c/Starfighter_4_again_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

I was sort of worried when I realised the fighter had lineart and the background didn't. But I think it worked out fine...

7. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Oh and I might as well post one of the things I'm working on now. (I'm not so good at doing just drawing. I usually have 2 or 3 going on but only finish the ones I like the most... or I get another idea and start working on that instead :D )

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/095/3/b/Hangar_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

I should really finish more stuff.

8. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Wow! Three fantastic updates, CB! Thanks for sharing the blaster riffle. I really enjoy your attention to detail. The image with the ship and the jagged mountains in the distance reminded me part Geonosis part Mustafar (minus the lava ;) ) And I'm excited to see how your latest shapes up. Thanks for sharing all your hardwork.

:)

9. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Well... I guess I can put this here since it was originally supposed to be Yavin 4 and a temple close to the edge. I decided to work on some other stuff instead however.

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/102/4/0/Rainforest_falls_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

10. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    =D= I agree with FF, your artworks are terrific! I wonder if you did it freehand?

11. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    I love the feel of the environment in this update. Great to see more!

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I agree!
    And I love the waterfall in it! [face_love] =D=

13. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks ya'll! I'm glad you liked the forest. I while ago I did a quick render of my spider droid but I forgot to put it here.

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/104/8/a/Spider_Droid_colour_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

There ya go - enjoy!

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    You have some really great work! Ships are one of the hardest things for me to draw, for some reason drawing a straight line is one the hardest things for me to do unless they're all straight and no curves or all curves and straights.

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! I've missed a lot of work in here!! :eek: Very cool blaster--it'd be great to see some "glints" or some shine along its form, though--it would go a long way to giving it some good "pop!" I love the intricacies of it, though! Nice work adding your ship into an environment--it looks pretty good there, too! Something that would really put it into this environment, though, would be that same warm light/color along the reflective wings and body--the orange sky and very warm-colored light would certainly be mirrored on its surface. The building structure/plan looks awesome! I love the perspective of it so far--I can see this in cool tones: blues, silvers, perhaps some indigo accents here and there... Just my own over-active imagination taking off--sorry! It's very cool, though--I'd like to see you finish this one! The waterfalls are wonderful! Very lush--it reminds me of the falls we see on Naboo in ROTS... You may want to consider where all that water is going, once it reaches the bottom: a catch basin or lake that stretches the length of the falls would give the piece a bit more depth (stretch it out into the distance there), and also give us an idea of how tall this precipice is... Again, some ideas. Very very nice work!

FF

16. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it.

I hope this won't dissapoint you all too much FF, but I have stopped working on the falls as well as the starfighter among the rocks (I'm not happy with that one at all as a matter of fact)

I have put the hangar on ice for a while - the fact that it's supposed to be noon makes it kind of hard to render (I'm not going to have any lights inside). To be frankly - I will have to wait before my skills improve...

The blaster is now at starwars fanon wikia - CorranFett has written an article about it :D.

Now I have tons of schoolwork to do. So I'll see ya!

PS. School is also the reason I don't have time to draw a lot :(. DS.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice artwork and that fall is beautiful done

18. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    [image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/109/c/0/Firespray_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

A remake of the old Firespray for a guy who calls himself CorranFett. I don't know what his name is here. Anyway it's for his fanfic and I have some more work to do.

19. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Easy one. Corran_Fett. ;) :D

[:D] [face_dancing] =D=
    Again, thanks a lot man, this is great. It really looks like a professional concept art for an SW movie or game, and definitely has some McQuarrie-influences, too.

If the Slave I was like Firespray Mark I, this one really looks improved and like something around Mark III or IV. It's great! =P~

Keep it up man, with your talent, you'll be working for LFL any second. :D

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wow! That looks fabulous! =D= I agree with Corran--it really looks like a professional concept piece! Wonderful lines, superb details, great "washes" for the shading and contours--just fabulous! I can see why Corran is delighted with this--it's great!

FF

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, it looks great! :D

I love it's design! I agree with everyone else that it looks very professional! =D=

22. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    yay - new one!

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/121/7/d/Coruscant_corridor_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Some civilian corridor at Coruscant

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, I love the atmosphere! How the colors fade at the end of the corridor and the light/shadow here! :eek: [face_love] It looks beautiful! I know my art teacher would be thrilled. He likes forcing us to draw that kind of stuff; colors getting lighter in the distance and such. *sighs*

But it looks great! =D= Love the perspective, too!

24. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks Chilla :D I don't have an art teacher so I wouldn't know :p

anyway I finished this today:

[image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/121/2/4/Battle_droid_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Looking forward to some feedback - so bring it on!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooo! Wonderful perspective in the architectural piece--the only thing that seems "off" to me is that, from the outside of the structure, the pillars look flattish or squared off, when from the inside they appear to be rounded. Be sure to carry those types of forms through the entire piece to ensure consistency in the structure. I also like the figures--they give a great reference for scale; pretty light in this, too.

Your 'bot sketch is awesome! I love the intricate detailing and perspective in it (the open hand looks ever-so cool!)--was this done in pen...? Sure looks like it! I'd love to see you develop this some more--fill it out and color it; it's a great concept!

Very nice additions--keep up the great work! :D

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.