main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Nan Desu Kan 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Nan Desu Kan is almost here!

What: Anime Convention
    Where: Marriott Denver Tech Center
    When: Sept 16-18, 2005

We're going to try to make it. I'd like to at least go for 1 day to spend lots of money on giant robot toys or scantly clad female action figures. :p

I also saw a Becca H. on the events list for costuming -- not sure if that's our Becca H. yet, but we'll know soon enough. :D

D_N_T and Kaety -- I'm preeettttttyyyyy sure there might be some vendors there with some obscure Robotech stuff. :eek: :D

2. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I just read through the website and it made me feel like an old lady with a smart phone, or my parents and a D&D manual, or a cat and math textbook... completely lost. I like Robotech - but I have no idea about the rest of the anime world!!![face_worried]

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i know nothing of the gaming world.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Robotech was at the very forefront of the whole anime...ummm...thing. If you like Robotech, there's tons more stuff that's similar. The robot theme is pretty constant through a good chunk of anime -- Big O, Patlabor, G-Force, Voltron, Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost in the Shell, and dozens more titles I can't remember.

And if the sappy sappiness of Robotech is what appeals to you, then you've got tons more to choose from.

And if the deep story with tons of character development are what grab you, well...that's pretty much every single title that's come out in the last 5-10 years. Anime's one of the main forms of entertainment in Japan, since the island's too small for things like movie studios and whatnot.

Rachel's already said I can go -- you guys should come!!! Even if just for 1 day to check stuff out. Between then and now I can let you guys borrow my Trigun (sci-fi spaghetti western -- very funny), Cowboy Bebop (bounty hunters in space -- very funny), and Bubblegum Crisis (futuristic Tokyo + hot chicks in power armor + renegade robots = yum...and action and explosions) DVDs.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I dont think i have seen robotech. i hear ppl talk about it all the time, but i have never watched it.

6. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

HOORRAAYY!! for ANIMEEEE, I would like to go see if they have Shaman King and Escaflone and One Piece. Those are some of my favorite animes. I will have to do some heavy convincing to get my wife to let me go. But I am going to try.

Later Days...

7. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    It sound like definite fun! We'll have to see what our schedule is like around then...

:D

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Okies dokies, now the real reason I'm still on...

Rachel's not too hot on going to NDK, so if I go, I'll only be going from Saturday morning to Saturday night. If anybody's interested in going, I've got 3 spots in the car, but you'll all have to fight for shotgun. I really just want to check out what Cosplay looks like in person, and maybe consider stuffing somebody into a Bubblegum Crisis hardsuit for next year -- I can always buy stuff online.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    LOoking over that I'm having flash backs to when I was an anime geek. And I know who most of the guests are... *sigh* I truely am a geek.

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    When...? You know you still are.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    *Force bump*

This weekend! :eek:

12. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I might make a SAT. trip if I can swing it seeing as how I may be up in D-Town anyway. So watch for the crazy Mexicano acting a fool with the Anime folk.......Hee, Hee, Hee

Later Days...

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And I still have no idea what I'm doing. But that's no different from the norm...

14. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So, didya go? How was it?

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I ended up not going. Woke up late, a good Jedi grind group had saved me a spot, and I spent the day grinding Jedi XP in SWG.

I'd like to be done with grinding by the middle of November, when my first class starts.