main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I officially give up. I only have 2,012 words, and for some reason I can only concentrate on my non-Nano fiction, The Bond.

2. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Finally got to sit down and start writing last night, and got 2,976 words done. I just wish I'd been able to do that November 1st, not 5th.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    At that rate you should have plenty of time to finish.

4. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    That's if I can keep that rate up, and I can almost gaurantee that I won't.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, another productive day on my end... word count: 14262

Good luck to everyone! :)

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Don't give up, just be a NaNo Rebel. Work on more than one thing at a time and just log 50K words in November, no matter what you are working on.

NaNo is really what you make of it, to me, no matter what you are working on or how many things you are writing, if you log 50,000 words in 30 days, you are a winner!

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I totally agree. I am just writing scenes I would like to see in the EU and hope to clump them together into a story sometime in the future. I have no plot or outline.:p

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 18,367 today. Hoping to break 20k tomorrow.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  9. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Decent day for me yesterday, got just under the daily target. Brings my total to 4,580.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm at 8200, but that's behind where I wanted to be at this point. I keep hitting weird mental blocks.

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've finally made a decent start on mine! I'm not going to go to bed until I'm caught up, so I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I made a good start, but I can't muster up any enthusiasm for the next section I'm trying to write. I've tried to write around it, but one of the pitfalls of just winging this is that I feel compelled to write in chronological order instead of jumping from scene to scene. There's a reason I stick with vignettes and very short fics. :p

13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

I think I've accepted the fact that this is Nano, and it's okay to write crap. I just need to write and not focus on making things sound pretty. I'll fix things on the second draft.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am really irritated today with some annoying people. Can anybody write when they are totally peeved? Maybe I should stop trying to write the love scene I was working on and allow my character to go darkside and kill somebody!

ACK! Those irritating people contacted me again. My character is definitely going to kill someone. If they keep this up genocide may happen in my fic.

mavjade likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Go for it. A good death is worth quite a few words.

I made it to 21,000 today. When I saw the word count was 20,999 I added a word to make it 21,000.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    LAJ_FETT awesome! :D

I'm at 2.5k but I've hit a boring bit! My characters will just be walking for a bit and in a desert, so there's nothing to describe or anything to happen.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've hit a bit of a boring bit as well. My characters are drinking a lot of coffee and talking but not much else. (And I don't even like coffee that much..)
    Think I'll kill off a redshirt...

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hit a boring part, so I threw in some PG rated sex scenes. I broke 20K words last night. I am tired of plot. I just might fill the other 30K words with bootknocking.

19. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Broke 10.5 K words. Did some very angsty scenes last night. Today I add in another main character, who should be a mix of Han Solo, Ron Weasley and Flynn Rider from Tangled. Should be interesting to say the least, especially when I start writing chapters from his point of view...

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I thought you said you have no plot? ;)

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You are right, there is no plot yet...I guess I mean...non-bootknocking scenes. I am getting close to a plot. I figure if I write enough random scenes I will find a way to hook them together.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 23,880 today. Hoping to be halfway there after tomorrow.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Just broke the 20 K with 20.997 words with killing my Catweazle Jedi. He has been in other adventures and was now very, very old.

[​IMG]

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Stopping for the day at 4825. I'm getting tired so I'm off to bed. I was planning to stay up late, but nope, not going to happen. :(

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated!

Ugh... I'm having so much trouble this year. I'm not giving up, but I'm ridiculously distractable recently. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.