main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_dancing]=D=

Congrads to those who are done, good luck to those who are not; I am sitting at a Total Words Remaining of 3,386

Counting down, not up now *grin* another night like last night and I'm gold!! Woot!

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I've sent them. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the email.

3. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Congrats to the winners that are showing up! [face_dancing]

I've liberated myself from feeling guilty if I lose, if for no other reason that that this year really hasn't been that much fun, which is the whole point of NaNo. I'm still cheering everyone along, those. :D

4. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Congrats to the other winners and those still struggling along! I guess I better go plug them into the NaNo website before I forget and don't win by stupidity.

Etain: How did you fix OO?

5. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    OO is counting typographic quotation marks as a word. :oops:
    If you substitute them with straight ones, it does not count them anymore. That means: the more dialogue you have with the 'wrong' quotation marks, the more words that are not there will be counted.[face_worried] I had some ratehr dialouge heavy chapters and man, did that hurt. :_|

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [:D]

That's got to suck. :( Hopefully you can still make it to 50k! :D

7. Etain

May 11, 2008
    [:D] moose
    Problem not.
    I am over 46k now and still have four chapters with at least 1667 words ahead of me.
    Time to wrap things up and present the coupke with a pretty ribbon around them. Yay.[face_dancing]

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Finished and got my goodies! Verifier was just about spot on for me. Word 2003 said I had 51,035 and the verifier said 51,038. Now I can rest my poor wrists!

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Finishing for today on 42,000 words. I really need to write a lot tomorrow but I'm not sure I can.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Ending the day, a day behind. Tomorrow I will catch up (and hopefully get ahead). I took yesterday off and only got a little bit of story writing in for today, but my friend did sketch up one of my species - so I am super excited!

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated. Congrats to those who have won!! =D= [:D]

I'm at 35,349 which beats last years word count so that makes me happy! So I've got to get 15,000 words essentially in three days since I work on the 30th and there is no guarantee that I would be able to write and/or verify before midnight. I'm determined to make it! Can I write 15,000 in three days? I don't know but I am sure gonna try! :D

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I did it, I did it! 51, 442 [face_peace] for a word count and still going! B ut I'm over that 50K mark! Yay!

First try at this - success! :D Woot!![face_dancing]

congrads to everyone else who's done too!! =D=[face_dancing]=D=

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    All you folks who have hit 50k - don't wait til Nov 30 to verify and get your winner's bar. The site can be real slow on the last day as everyone tries to verify.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have passed the 57 K mark today. A lot slower but DRL - even in the evenings and on my free saturday - is causing that. And I have only finished the first part of the three part story with only the outlines for the next two and the final part.

Congrats to all who have won and [:D] for all still writing.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hit 45k and I've got more to write before I stop today! I just wanted to say that I'm caught up and I'm sure I'll make it now! :D

Edit: stopping for the night at 48,904 words. So close to the end but it's 3am here and I need sleep.

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Stopping at 33,863 for the night.

17. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I Is Winner! [face_dancing]
    Validated because I could at 50,101.
    Still have 2 1/2 chapters to write plus the half I lost but ~ winner! [face_dancing]
    If I get much more done, I'll validate again with more words, but that is not so imporatnt anymore.
    I'll hog my voucher and be happy. :D :-B [face_love]

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I won with a final total of 50,107 words according to the NaNoWriMo site, and 50,106 according to Word 2007. More than a little chuffed with that. :D

Now begins the arduous editing journey before I decide what to do with it. [face_tired]

19. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm at 41,423 words.

Funny how much a sibling implying than you can't write 12K in three days can motivate you. :p

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sibling challenges can be great motivators!

I broke 50k right before dinner! *happy dance*

*reality check* I still don't have half the story written!

*returns to happy dancing*

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'm a 43,203, and I haven't sat down to write for today yet. Mostly because I drove from San Francisco all the way to Los Angeles today, but I want to get a couple thousand words down before I go to bed. I just had to get some food in me before that was a good option. I've got a lot of words to get down in the next few days, but I have a great write-in group to go to, as well as a gigantic bag of Jelly Bellys. I think I'll be okay. :p

22. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Ending the night at 41,195.

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I finished at nearly 51000 last night.

So yay. :D

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I checked the site yesterday, and apparently having put in my winning word count two weeks ago was enough to make them put up the winner's badges now. I'm happy. I still can't believe I actually finished this year!

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Congratulations to everyone who finished! Two more days to go! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.