main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Nat's "Cheer Up" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    OK, everyone knows now that I have a MAJOR depression problem. I was actually gonna post a "Cya later for a while" thread, but then I thought that wouldn't be such a good idea. I then thought that you guys could try and cheer me up a little. I mean, we write some REAL crazy stuff in these threads.

Let's see if you guys can do better than some of the SA cricketers - they wrote some real funny meassges in my sutograph book!

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Actual School Excuse Notes

These are excuse notes from parents (with their original spelling) collected by schools from all over the country:

1) My son is under a doctor's care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.

2) Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.

3) Dear School: Please exscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29,30, 31, 32, and also 33.

4) Please excuse Gloria from Jim today. She is administrating.

5) Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

6) John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

7) Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.

8) Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.

9) Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

10) Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.

11) Please excuse Pedro from being absent yesterday. He had (diahre) (dyrea) (direathe) the runs. [words in ()'s were crossed out.]

12) Please excuse Burma, she has been sick and under the doctor.

13) Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.

14) Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

15) I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because I don't know what size she wears.

16) Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

17) Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend her funeral.

18) My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the Marines.

19) Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.

20) Please excuse Mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.

21) Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sore throat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

22) Please excuse little Jimmy for not being in school yesterday. His father is gone and I could not get him ready because I was in bed with the doctor.

;)

3. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    PML!!!!!

I wish I'd thought of that :p

no actually i can't back that up

4. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Feeling any better, Nat, or do you want me to keep going? :)

5. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    Keep going, its keeping me entertained :)

Definetely better than staring at hundreds of lines of code for hours at an end...

*claps hands excitedly*

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, please keep going - I really need cheering up. A couple of WA cricketers made my day yesterday by giving me a cap and polo shirt, but toady I'm feeling down in the dumps again.

7. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Which cricketers did you meet? Sounds like an interesting story in itself.

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm sorry about this Nat, but I would really like to know what has made your life so crap.

I've not been having the best of times myself, but I don't really see the need to make it public that I'm not a happy camper.

Please humor me.

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry for making it "public", but I thought that maybe you guys could help cheer me up. It's either that or disappear again....

10. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    that would be a great loss

11. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I know, so PLEASE help me cheer up!

12. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm not trying to drive you away or upset you Nat and I apologised upfront just in case I have.

It's just that some of us are finding it hard to try and help with your problems when you won't tell us what is wrong.

13. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Why don't you try throwing a tantrum @ work....stamp your feet, make a fist and whiiiiiiiine .... the works

I'm sure *someone* might pay attention

now that would be entertaining

14. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    That would not help thou

15. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Hey, I'm genuinely interested in who you met and how you met those players.

16. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I believe him!

17. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    I was reminded of a funny(well I think it is, of course you may find otherwise) incident that happened a while ago after reading this story about people turning old Macs into bongs (iBong?).

Anyway, it happened a while ago while I was rehearsing for a school play. We had gotten a revised schedule the week before but I couldn't remember which schedule was which and they had conflicting times for the days rehearsal to start. I decided to err on the side of caution and turn up to the earlier time. When I got there it was clear that the later time was correct since no one was there. So just waited...

Soon another cast member turned up, he was early because he had to catch the bus and the bus time tables didn't hapily comply with our rehearsal time tables so he was stuck having to wait around like me.

Anyway, he then asks me "Hey since we'll be here for a while do you want to go down and get some cones?" I was a bit shocked, I never saw this guy as a guy who was into smoking cones! I'm not into drugs, and don't plan to be, but generally have no problems with those that do. So I just try to be polite and say "No, I don't really feel like doing that". He keeps pushing the subject saying "it's a perfect day for it" and I keep trying to decline his offer, he then says "hell I'll even buy it for you!". This looked to me like a clear case of 'the first one is always free' I really didn't like how he was trying to force me to do this with him so I sternly said "Look, I just don't want a cone okay!" I went over and started looking at some nearby posters.

Soon another early bird shows up and he asks her if she wants to get a cone, she says yes and of they go. I couldn't believe it, I never thought she was into that stuff, and I was also amazed at how this guy would just as anyone.

So I just wait around on my own and soon they come back, each of them holding an.... ICE CREAM cone! All the time I thought he had been talking about cones as in pot, not cones as in ice cream cones. I felt like such a retard, especially since that day was a good day for an ice cream cone ;)

18. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm not scared of pussycats.
    They don't frighten me.

But a hippopotamus
    Could eat the lot of us ...

19. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    *boom shakalaka*

I can't remember what I was going to reply so I'll just do a little dance and shuffle off stage now..

*wiggles a little and then shuffles to the left*

20. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    *throws rotten friut from the right*
    wooohooo! head shot :D

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm, how I met these cricketers...

Like a "cricket groupie", I hang around after every match getting autographs and stuff. By the end of the season, all the players know who I am, if not by name, by face. You know, like they sau hello to me every match and cya when they leave - and then wave as they drive off. Anyways, since it was the last game of the season, I managed to score Chris Rogers' training cap (very well wron thru out the season, and Chris also scored an unbeaten century in both innings for those who like cricket). I also score Murray Goodwin's polo shirt. Pretty good huh?

As for what got me in a depression - no-good using bitchy friends and the ass manager at work. BTW, have thrown that tantrum and thrown stuff across the room, but he doesn't care.

22. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I know things probably don't seem real good Nat, but smile. things can always get worse. Trust me.

23. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    At least you haven't turned to the dark side. We've got enough sith around here. :)

24. Sith_Jester

Sep 28, 2001
    j00 are yealous, no?

*laffs at his very bad hispanic accent*

25. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Pffft, Soneil's just jealous coz he in't bad enough for us ...
    (or should that be good? Because, you know, bad is evil, and evil is good, and all good things are still evil. Which makes them bad.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.