main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion **Need help finding specific Medical info**

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jade243, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can find out what the actual STAGES for the flu are? Specifically when they turn fatal, and what happens in the body in those different stages from mild to fatal? I had found and bookmarked a site before that listed these things, but it's disappeared. I only remember that at whatever stages, it listed what was happening in the lungs, whether the person experienced delirium or not, if/when they experienced seizures, etc. Can anyone help? I have a story that's really itching to be written, but I can't do so until I have this information. I've looked through all kinds of websites with different sorts of search phrases, but all I can find are sites that only tell the very basic 'fever, chills, achy joints and muscles, and it lasts this long' don't-want-to-scare-the-public sort of info. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can offer any help!

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'd suggest to try an online search with Google. It's what I do when I'm trying to research a specific topic for writing. It's a great resource. :)

3. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Yeah, I tried that--a number of different search phrases, too--but none of them pulled up the info I need. It was all general cold vs. flu type symptoms, or for the milder forms/version/stages where it's just aches and fever. I need info for the much more advanced/serious stages where it becomes more deadly, and what the body is actually going through in those stages.

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Didn't see anything related to particular stages of the flu, but this article was interesting. Hope that helps.

5. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Try looking at info pages on Public Health websites or the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) websites. Most of these types of places should have Health Files or information on influenza.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.