main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need some horrifying ideas for scary stories

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mastadge, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    My two assignments:

I need to write a scary story of approx 2000 words (really short).

I need to tell a story campfire-style that will last 10-15 minutes.

But among the rules are that I can't just rehash the same old same old that's been around for years. The stories need to be original. So could you guys just throw some random horrifying ideas in my direction to maybe spark something in my disfunctional brain?

2. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    But among the rules are that I can't just rehash the same old same old that's been around for years.

So ask us :D jk. Can it be a funny story? If so, I can give you some good ideas.

3. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Rape is pretty scary. Try telling a story told through the victim's point of view.

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    It's for a class called Horror in Film and Story. There are no other restrictions about content, so I don't see why it couldn't be funny.

5. boinga

boinga Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2001
    internet-turning-to-rl stalker stories

:p

6. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    A man eating whale who needs to control his urges...?

7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Horrifying, yet strangely funny?

Someone kidnapped and cruelly tortured to death by being forced to listen to a single Brittany Spears song at earsplitting volume, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until they finally crack.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    tell the story of a woman with a tail who stalks men at bars and singles clubs, using her extra member to suffocate them to death right before the final act of passion. Then she scoops their eyes out with a spoon and eats them.

9. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I was actually thinking of doing it from the POV of an apple, while the evil humans devour him before he can complete his life's mission...

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    ...::looks around:: No smart alec N'Sync in star Wars jokes? Hmm....

Well...I don't have many ideas, for I'm not good at horror stories, but try something that involves real life. Someone suggested rape, but murder, or something like that would work well, too. Nothing scares people more than reality.

11. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Gandolf, have you read Clive Barker's story Dread?

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You discover (internet, old press clippings in the forbidden attic etc) your parents are actually kidnappers. And they kidnapped YOU when you were a baby.

And if you want to get ridiculous, they live forever and eat their kids when they turn 16 and then kidnap another baby. You are 1 day short of your 16 birthday, naturally.

13. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Mastadge: I haven't read much Clive Barker. I can't remember, but I don't think so.

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Tell a story about the Grinch when he was a young kid and tell that he and Chucky are relatives ;)

15. Zephyr Xux

Zephyr Xux Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 14, 1999
    I watched a movie the other night about a serial killer who removed his victim's bones while they were still alive.

Any little gem would do.

16. JediElfie

JediElfie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2001
    How about a horrifying story about an Internet forum where people talk about Star Wars all day long... oh, wait a minute.... :D

17. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Mastadge...
    "I was actually thinking of doing it from the POV of an apple, while the evil humans devour him before he can complete his life's mission..."

You know, there's a good story there. If you want to add a bit of depth, you make it not just any old apple and not just any evil humans.

Make the apple a fruit in the Garden of Eden, and the person eating the apple, Eve.

That way, you can explore the horrors of human nature, Satan and the gift of free will.

Supernatural or axe-murdering horror = ho hum.

Biblical horror = just plain creeps me out.

18. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    How about a story about a person that was telleported into an Olson twins movie... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That just might be too scary!

19. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Here you go:

Daniel was a young farmer's boy. There was nothing he loved more than waking up early, and walking down to the garden to pick some fresh fruit for breakfast.

However, times changed, and a radioactive waste disposal facility moved next door to his father's ranch. At first, life went on as usualy, but young Danny was about to regret the waste's presence.

On particular spring day, during his usual routine, Daniel walked to the garden and found an enormous watermelon waiting for him. He quickly devoured it, and without a doubt, it was the most delicious watermelon he had ever tasted!

As he basked in the warming moring glow of the sun, resting in the dew of the grass, he noticed a slight rumbling in his stomach. To his horror, he becan sprouting leaves out of his pores, and vines crawled out of his ears! He ran to his father's workshed, where he tried to trim his unsightly new appendages with the hedgeclippers. Unfortunately, he didn't clean up the banana peel he had been eating the previous day, he slipped on it, and impaled himself with the hedgeclippers.

The moral: please, whatever you do, don't eat watermelon seeds and then run with hedgeclippers.

20. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    LOL at jp-30.

But something scary, eh. How about this:

An empty garden, filled with old trees. The sun shines, but it's past its zenith and slightly deceptive. In the garden is a little house. When you come closer, you hear children laughing behind its half-opened doors.

21. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    tell a story about us :D

no wait im thinking...

Tell a story, futuristic like, where a man get electrecuted and gets these wierd powers, now he uses them for all kinds of things to do good and that but bit by bit hes turning into a monster, physicly and mentaly, so in the end he is like a red demon that tortures people and you could go from there :D

22. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Talked to the prof, he wants "gothic horror"

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Do what I said, but Robert Smith is your dad.

24. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    jp-30, THAT is the scariest idea yet.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.apeculture.com/cure.jpg]

"Papa!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.