main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Sorry this is a little late, but I didn't manage to come near a computer yesterdaY (no Internet at home). Well, let's go with this. More will be up tomorrow, and this time I _will_ keep my promise!

For all of you who aren't familiar with Jix, do anything about it! (Read "Shadow Stalker" and the comic adaption of SOTE, and Djuva's fics as well as Llarian's "Force of Destiny" (They're all available on fanfiction.net) Jix is far too cool to be missed!

---

Jix sneaked around the corner. A quick look over his shoulder. Well, no one seemed to have noticed him. No surprise.

A grin touched his face. After all, he was the best. Of course no one would notice him.

"Never though of using the front door, huh?"

The muscular man spun around and stared at the tall Human leaning against the wall a few meters away.

Uh-oh. Perhaps he'd gotten a little to confident. Well. He would fix that. And better start with this unexpected stranger. Jix frowned. For some reason, the other didn't seem so strange at all. Actually, there was something quite familiar with him.

Casually, Jix shrugged.

"So you got me. Bad luck, fella."

The blonde man smiled.

"Don't even think of it, Jix. You haven't got a chance."

"So you know my name? You know, now I have to kill you."

Amd he lifted his blaster. Unfortunately, it was snitched out of his hand by some invisible force before he could fire.

"I told you it wouldn't work", the tall stranger commented mildly, holding Jix's blaster in one of his big hands.

Jix's eyes narrowed. Wait here...Oh, Sith, it couldn't be! It just couldn't!

"It can't?" Vader sounded almost amused.

"Oh, yeah, whatever. You've had your fun, could I have my blaster back now?" Jix said sourly as he straightened. He'd adjusted to the situation now - after years of service to the Sith, he'd get used to the idea that Vader didn't went along by the same rules as the rest of the world.

"Yes, Jix, you can. As long as you don't aim at me again."

Jix didn't answer, just took the weapon and put it back in his belt.

"Well, you wanted something I take it. Or did you summon me here just to brag about your looks?"

"I have a new mission for you. A special one."

"Sounds fine to me", Jix replied with a shrug as the pair walked down the corridor towards one of the conference rooms.

The Dark Lord's lips were curled into a grim smile.

"Don't be so sure."

Luke was trying to fall asleep, but it seemed as if his mind was far too occupied to relax.

Well. Perhaps it wasn't so weird. For all he knew, master Yoda could have the same problem. Even a Jedi Master could find it hard to sleep after being brought back to life, right?

Not that Luke was a Jedi Master yet. Not by far. But perhaps he would be one, someday.

That afternoon, all the Jedi had watched him as Master Yoda guided him through a serie of exercises.

He thought he'd done quite well. At least no one had told him right out he was a pathetic specter. And Master Yoda had told him he knew everything he needed.

Of course, that had been in another life. Before Yoda died.

And before the Jedi returned.

Luke had a feeling, when watching the other Jedi, that they knew so much more than him, he would never be able to cope with it.

That he knew what he needed to didn't mean there wasn't more to be learned, right?

He rolled over to rest on his back.

He guessed not. And perhaps now, he'd had a chance to learn it.

For come reason, he believed he would find use for all the knowledge he could ever get.

Jix leaned back against the wall, and followed the shuttle's approach. Vader had told him that Admiral Piett - a man Jix'd heard of, but never met - and one other would join them for this mission.

Oh, yeah. The mission. After hearing what it was all about, Jix was more or less ready to admit that the Dark Lord might be right.

Maybe this wouldn't be very fun.

On the other hand, maybe it would.

It sure would be interesting enough to watch all the big-wigs playing their political game.

He

2. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Yeah! I loved the meeting between those two guys! Poor Jix! But it was cool how he recovered so quickly. There is really nothing that could faze him, except for the, err, unexpected. LOL! But with Vader there is nothing that is not unexpected, right?

3. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Hmmm, this Jix guy does sound interesting. Thanks for the link NamelessAlien. :)

Oh, I'm so phsyched to see this meeting coming up!!

4. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Yes! Jixy is in here! I try to write him, but usually his personality always turns out to be like Han's. You've captured Jix perfectly in here.

5. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Good post, Kee!
    Andlike the rest of your readers, I can't wait for the reunion... :D

6. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    This is getting really good! More?
    Caslia

7. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Very good. I remember Jix from the comic.
    I liked him. I also liked how Luke is feeling a bit intimidated by the old Jedi.
    But also realizes the opportunity they represent.

How soon before the Luke/Vader meeting?

8. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Yeah, Kee! I am adoring this fic!! I can't wait for the Luke/Vader meeting!

9. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh Wow Oh Wow Oh Wow!

Heehee. I can't believe I just got caught up on this now! This is so awesome Kee! I have never been so shocked when I read about Vader suddenly being naked on the ship!(I know, that was a while back)

I can't wait for more! Post soon, please?:)

10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Great post!! I am too excited for the meeting!! :)
    UP!

11. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    The Vader/Luke meeting should be about two-three posts away. Dunno if I'll dare to write it, though, now that everyone seems to hope for something spectactular...Personally, I'm much more looking forward to Darth's reaction when spotting the Jedi...*grin*

Hm, really lack inspiration today, so this won't be too long. I rather keep it short and somewhat good...Well, enjoy!

---

The travel to the Imperial Palace was silent. Lord Vader piloted the shuttle himself, and the three other men sat in the cabin.

Jix leaned back in the uncomfortable chair, looked up and found the Admiral beholding him with a appraising glance.

The Corellian lifted his eyebrow and grinned, putting a small challenge in the smile. Not that he really wanted to fight the other - and Vader would have his head if he did - but it might be fun to see how he handled it.

Quiet well, it would seem. Piett merely returned the gaze calmly, without saying anything.

Jix made a mental note to himself not to underestimate the other. One of the most important things in this business; never underestimate anyone.

A slight tremble in the ship suggested that they'd docked, and it was quickly confirmed as Vader appeared in the doorframe.

"The Emperor is waiting for us", he said shortly.

Admiral Piett rose immediately, as did his younger companion. Jix yawned, rolled his shoulers, but when seeing Vader's narrowing eyes, the Corellian rose, and grinned towards his employer.

The Dark Lord didn't comment on that, but as the small group emerged from the shuttle he made another remark.

"I would strongly suggest, Jix, that you keep that enormous mouth of your shut while I'm speaking with the Emperor."

Jix shrugged.

"Whatever you say, your lordship."

"Quite so, Jix. And don't forget it."

Jix considered a sarcastic reply, but killed the idea when spotting the Emperor's delegation approaching them.

Lord Vader stepped forward and knelt in front of the hooded being that was Emperor Palpatine.

"We are ready to leave, my master."

The older man nodded slowly.

"Good." He lifted his head and Jix could feel the cold gaze penetrating him. "And these are the once you've chosen to accompany you?"

Vader rose, and nodded.

"Yes. I'm sure you recognize Admiral Piett. The blonde youth is Sergeant Gand, a young promise. And", he added, sounding completely indifferent, "the Corellian is one of my private agents, Jix."

Jix hid a frown as he heard that. Jix? Yeah, sure it was the name most people he knew used, but when Vader introduced him to Piett it had been Wrenga Jixton. It could be pure accident, but he didn't believe that. Not with Vader.

So. Could it be that the Dark Lord didn't want the Emperor to know his name? Because the Emperor might recognize it? Perhaps the ruler didn't approve of Lord Vader having runaways from Kessel among his agents.

Could be. Maybe he could ask Vader about it. Not that he really expected a clear answer.

"Very well", the Emperor said, the voice quiet as a whisper, but yet powerful enough to cut through the whole hangar. "I think we should leave then."

Jix allowed the delegation to walk past them before he joined in with Vader. Piett and Gand followed quietly. The Sergeant seemed to be almost on the edge of faiting. The Admiral kept his composure well, though. Only a few drops of sweath bathing his forehead destroyed the picture of a perfectly calm militarian.

Jix didn't share their emotions - or perhaps fears - though. Palpatine could hardly be worse than Vader, could he? Even though the Corellian was fairly sure that the Emperor's ways were a lot different from Vaders.

He should be careful, though. There's got to be something to the old man, if he could make someone like the Dark Lord kneel to him.

Oh, yes. Careful indeed.

Not so careful that he couldn't have some fun, though, Jix added to the mental note with a grin.

As if Vader had heard the though, he turned his head slightly and stared at his agent. He didn't say anything, but he didn't really have to.

Jix me this

12. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    For someone who claims she has no nspiration, you did pretty well, Keegirl =)

'I would strongly suggest, Jix, that you keep that enormous mouth of yours shut while I'm speaking with the Emperor' I love that one :D and I certainly hope Jix won't obey that particular order (it might be much more funny :D)

13. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Ok, this is officially totally cool!!! Jix, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, a Ani-looking Vader! The whole gang's here!!! Yay!!!

This is totally cool!! I love it!!! I definitely can't wait for more!!! Keep it up Queengodess!!

AngelQueen

14. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    And I was SO needing something good to read this morning! Kee, you saved my life!

15. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    It's EXTREMELY useful that Lord Vader lost his mask... Now Jix can see quite clearly when His Lordship is narrowing his eyes... :D :D :D

16. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Certainly, LadyZ, that's the only reason Vader was healed. See, the Force doesn't want Darth to kill Jix, since it knows that Jix is the Frozen One, destined to bring back ice to Tatooine...

Hm, it's morning where you live, Clarus? Here it's eight in the afternoon. Glad I'm saved your life though. Who would otherwise keep on delivering good fics to us hungry readers? *grin*

17. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Americans have weird hours Kee, you know :D

what's that Jix being the Frozen One about ? ??? you're crazy, loca, you know that [face_laugh]

18. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Sure, but that's why you love me, right? *grin*

That Frozen One thing is taken from a Christmas story I wrote...it was really weaird but quite funny. I'm rather proud of it...

19. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Now this story is getting even better!

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    That was a fun post. I like how Jix is a bit mischievous.

The Luke/Vader meeting doesn't have to be spectacular. I just like it when I get to
    see the inner emotional rollercoaster they both go
    through, when they meet, while the words that come out of their mouths seem calm.

21. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Okay, I officially like Jix. Great post!

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I like this Jix fellow too. Keep it coming.

23. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    -and who wouldn't like him? ;)

I guess there's just something about corellians... Not that I like Han... they're all scruffy-looking and laserbrained but still quite loveable nerfherders. Always getting themselves in trouble. Just pitch them with some upper-class prigs like Piett seems to be and the result will be most interesting -- BTW I like Piett too! ;)

-Red
    ~~~~
    ( [face_love] WJVB!!!)

24. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    I didn't kill it, did I? When can we have more? [face_blush]

25. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Nah, Nameless Alien, you didn't kill it. It's just that I'm still suffering from that non-inspiration-thing. But well, here we go anyway, and some more will be up tomorrow. Enjoy!

---

"Hello there, Han. Still working on those repairs?"

The older man looked up at Luke and gestured with a small cutter.

"Yeah, since it seems as if the battle's cancelled, I thought I ought to fix that hyperdrive once and for all. Chewie takes a nap, though."

"I though we'd pretty much done so, before we went to Tatooine."

"You did, huh? Lando's work, I bet. It'll work for some time, but sooner or later I'll have to fix it anyway, and now that I've got some spare time..."

The blonde young Jedi seated himself on the hard floor, next to where the Corellian lied, half-hidden under the Falcon's belly.

"So, that's what's been keeping you. Haven't seen you in a few days, and started to wonder if you were avoiding me."

"You've been busy."

"Not really. I've just been talking with Ben, and Qui-Gon and..."

Han grinned at him.

"Yeah. And if you're up against Vader, you'll need all training you can get."

Luke returned the smile. Then he frowned, and the smile vanished.

"Up against Vader", he mumbled.

"Huh?" Han's voice was a little huffled, as he rolled in under the Falcon. "You said something?"

"What? Oh...no, I'm just thinking. And better be going, too. Master Yoda promised to tell about the Jediorder."

"Oh, sounds like a fun way to spend the travel."

Luke only nodded, and rose.

"See you later then."

"How long before we're there?"

"Another twelve hours."

"Okay. Take care, kid. Don't let the muppet bull you, hear?"

"I won't."

Luke walked out of the small hangar as quickly as he could. There was no escape, it seemed. He didn't want to think about Vader - and certainly not about killing him.

The young Jedi sighed as he rounded a corner. Even though the Jedi never spat it out loud, he knew what they believed; that his father was lost forever to the Dark Side.

And that he was supposed to kill him.

It would seem as everyone took that for granted. Even Han.

Luke stopped, and leaned against one of the light walls. He was all alone in the corridor. Didn't help much though. When he was alone, hís thoughts would sound so much louder...

And when there was people around, someone would start talking about the Dark Lord, and then.

Yeah. Maybe he was a little too sensitive about this. But it _was_ hard to be the only one to believe that his father was redeemable.

He didn't know what to do. And soon - far too soon - his would be facing his father again.

He wasn't ready. Not by far.

_He didn't know what to do!_

Maybe he should talk to Leia.

Leia -

LEIA!

Dear Force, how could he possible have forgotten? Forgotten who she was. Forgotten that he had a sister now - a sister who didn't know anything about her real parents. Or her real brother.

He had to tell her. Or?

Luke groaned.

One more question he couldn't answer. Maybe he'd just go find Ben. But he was fairly certain what his mentor would tell him.

Okay, fine. He couldn't talk to his master, not to his friend, not even to his sister.

What the hell was he going to do?

Slightly less than twelve hours to decide -

Vader woke up with a start. For a moment he was wondering why he weren't sleeping in his special breathing-tube. And then he remembered.

A slow smile creeped up his face.

Oh, yeah. He was whole again.

"Time?" he demaned as he rose from the bed in his spacious chamber.

The computer responded obedientely, and he nodded to himself. Good. Two hours until they reached Jord. He had time to take a shower, then breakfast.

He entered the 'fresher unit, and stepped into the small shower-space.

Piett and the young sergeant - Gand, wasn't it? - shared a room next to Vader's, as did Jix. The Dark Lord had personally seen to that the Admiral and his agent didn't have to sleep in the same room. Yeah, they'd probably manage without killing each other, but he didn't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.