main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Chapter name?

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Darth_Fairacon, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Let's talk about if we should change the chapter name or leave it as it is...

In my book, if it works don't fix it.

Your thoughts...

:)
    DF

2. TCPIII

TCPIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2004
    If it draws the people I say leave it the way it is. If not then it aint working Darth and needs to be changed.

3. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I am happy with the name but if we changed it, what would we change it to?
    Jim

4. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I rather like the name, but I am only one person in a group. *S*

If we do vote to change the name, I did like Scott's suggestion that we make it into a combo name thing, like the pubs in England/Ireland. I know that the Austin FF meets in a place called the Dog and Duck. *L* I am reminded of a sign over a beer joint in a Star Trek book called "The Laughing Vulcan". Perhaps something in that vein might work. *S*

Doing this might be a good way to blend the old members and the newer ones together. We seem to be a group of costumers and collectors so far with a bit of gaming thrown in. Perhaps someone can come up with an idea or name that would be a play on that?

I'm just tossing ideas out there as I sit once again on an ice pack to calm the nerves in my hip. Grrrrrr....

5. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Hmmmmmmmmm,

Interesting...

How about "the outer rim" or something with that in the name might be interesting, since Killeen is out here all by itself.... no?

Just tossin out ideas...

:)
    Todd

6. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Ohhhh... interesting idea... I like it...

And we certainly ARE!! *L*

I know that Jim had thought of starting a group in Temple once and if he had, it was going to be called "The Jedi Temple" *L*

Anyone else have ideas? *S*

7. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I still like the name Jedi Temple but it's not too applicable for Killeen unless you called it the "Central Texas Jedi Temple"

Jim

8. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    hehehehe Sounds like a cool name...

Hmmm, this is harder than it looks...

Todd
    DF

9. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    I did some research for a name with a friend from temple who reads the books. we kind of hit on the subject of outer rim and also bountyhuter'ss guild because of waco. In the bounty hunter's war series boba fett and Bossk go to a planet, asteroid, moon? that the guild is in....maybe the name of it....I have been researching and can't find my books....I'll try tomorrow to find it. Also I was thinking of maybe Carida, where the empire trains stormtroopers and imperial officers and pilots, since most of us have storm/sandtrooper armor.

10. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Yes, it is harder than it looks! *L* You should have seen us struggling before!

I like the Outer Rim thoughts as well as the Central Texas Temple too... Hmmm...

Yes, lots of us have troope outfits, but I'm not sure I want to limit ourselves to possibly attracting only those who favor the Empire... but again, using the Temple idea, one might think we were a group of Rebels only... Hmmm... not good either...

I know one of the reasons that we chose Wraith Squadron, besides the fact that Aaron is a friend of mine, is that it is a "covert action" squad, meant to play both sides of the fence as needed. *S*

*L* I just made this harder, didn't I. *L*

Anyone else have more ideas?

11. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Now that would be a good name. Since we are so close to FT Hood and the training of the soldiers.

Something along those lines would be cool...

Anyone else's thoughts?

Todd

12. anikan_skywalker4321

anikan_skywalker4321 Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004

hi i got two names,1 neellik's guild,2 killeen star acadamy. any ideas

13. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I like the sound of that!

Killeen Star Academy

Hmmmmm, <rubs chin>

Todd

14. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    *rubs Todd's chin as well* *L* Only kidding!!!

I kinda like the name myself. Names our city, plus has no "side" to it, empire or rebel. *S*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.