main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New FF project

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    This was posted in the CR's Forum and I thought some of you might like to take a whack at it. *S*

Debby....
    .........................................................................................................

Date Posted: 10/23 7:20pm Subject: New FF Project
    Hey everyone!

I just posted on the Pittsburgh board about this, I am trying to do a project called "Star
    Wars: Tales From The JC Forums"

Essentially, this is a collection of fanfiction from some of the best authors in the JC.
    There are a few guidelines I would want us to follow, but all in all, I think this would be a
    fun, exciting project that could really bring more notice to us as a whole. My ideal
    scenario would be for us to present the finished project to Rick McCallum or someone
    similar at Celebration 3.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Stories can be about anyone, but they MUST in some way involve a character from
    one of the films or the EU. For instance, you can make up a character to tell a story
    about, but IN that story, an established character must play at least a fairly big role.

2. These stories must be something that could legitimately happen. For instance, if you
    want to write about, say, what you picture Luke and Mara's first date to have been like,
    cool. But no stories about Lando hooking up with Mon Mothma. Cuz really. So essentially,
    if your story could take place in the films or EU in a way that doesnt screw with
    established continuity, go for it.

3. Authors may write as many stories as they want. For instance, I could write 5 stories
    for it, but only ONE story per character. So, I could write 11 stories, but only ONE could
    focus on Darth Vader. Each story that makes it to the final book will deal with a different
    character. If three authors write a story about the same character, only one of the three
    stories will make it.

I really would like you all to post this on your city's boards, even if you yourself are not
    interested, because I think this could be a WONDERFUL project, and a way to bring our
    different FF's together.

Any questions, please, feel free to PM or e-mail me, and I will be glad to answer any
    questions or concerns you may have about the project.

-----signature-----
    Steel City Jedi Knights - Three Rivers, One Force
    Sith Master to Karateyoda17
    I Loves Me Some Twi'Lek Babes!
    "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust... my hate for you, defines my lust" - My Ruin
    "NO, POGGLE THE LESSER, THIS IS MY POT PIE!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.