main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Member Here Am I...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by nashrandar, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashrandar

nashrandar Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2003
    With the cold tundra of NE Wisconsin forever in my rear view mirror I moved to Tulsa last May for warmer weather....and here I be.

I knew the force was with me from the start of my "Tulsa move project" as I found "Tulsa Fan Force" on Goggle months before I got here.

My name is John and I am a native of NE Wisconsin. I was born 07/10/69. After 4 years in the Air Force, stationed at Travis AFB in California, I headed back to Wisconsin for a while.

My first main passion is making proffessional quality audio and music tracks in my home studio. I've played piano, guitar and done vocal work for over 2 decades.

My second main passion is to get started making fan films.

I've been into music from a very young age and have been interested in video since early highschool (almost precamcorder and vcr days and before there was CD Players!) :).

Fan Film making is one of the major resons why I chose Tulsa (other than I knew somone here as well and escaped the cold winters).

I'm currently working on demo music cd's and film ideas as well as learning Lightwave 7.5.

I plan to become a fulltime piano/keyboard teacher instead of working a job(s) later this year.

That about wraps it up for now.

Very glad to see a SW Fan group in Tulsa to get connected with.

I look forward to meeting you all soon.

John

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Welcome to the sooner state, John!

AS you probably saw at the top of the boards, our next meeting is next Saturday at Laser Quest. It's sure to be a grand time. Try to make it there if you can.

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Hello!

That's all i got. Jake said everything else i woulda said... show off. >_<

4. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Welcome to Tulsa! My name's Shelbi. I'm one of the council members of the TFF, and we're always happy to have new members.

Just to give you a bit of an idea of what all we do in the TFF, we have regular meetings every other month. In between meetings, we get together and see movies, play laser tag, and many other things. We have a book club that meets once a month where we are reading all the Star Wars books in chronological order. Also, we have a brand new game club that I think will be meeing once a month as well.

I'll be leading the meeting, which, like the others said, is next Saturday, Jan. 10th at laser tag, check the meeting thread fo more info. I look foward to meeting you in person, and, again, welcome to the club!

5. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Better to be fourth than the last person to say this but "Welcome to Tulsa!"

The game club will be meeting monthly, just an FYI.

Heath

6. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Welcome to Tulsa!

7. nashrandar

Dec 27, 2003
    Yup I saw the thread on laser quest.

I plan on being there too.

The book club sounds organized...your reading the books in order :) the current book I just read recently it's a good one.

What kind of games does the game club play?

8. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Welcome John,

In the the military as soon as you where born eh? Man you're recruiter must have been goood. Just kidding. :)

Welcome
    Paul

9. nashrandar

Dec 27, 2003
    Um...well...ahhh....that was the somewhat abridged version of my life.

I did not go into the military until AFTER I saw Star Wars A New Hope in 3rd grade. I tried to sign up with the rebelion recruter but ended up in the Air Farce somehow.

At least I did not end up in the empire!

And the Air Farce is wierd they could afford multimillion credit aircraft and could not afford to buy me a lightsabre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.