main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

new member to the Council

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jedimikey, Oct 21, 2012.

1. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Greetings, fellow Jedi! :) May the Force be with you.

I like to discuss all things Star Wars, among other things.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, you have seemingly joined the appropriate site.

Fialte Nua Duine. Look around, get involved, and if you have any problems with navigation or knowing which way to get active, feel free to check back in here. Nice to have a fellow Mike on here, although, that isn't really what my username is about. My JC name came in 2 parts. I used to have a different name on here but a particular troll I was combating decided to respond to all of my posts with "Maybe you Know everything" in all manner of cAps lOCk variants. He also opted for calling me "mikey", but mispelled it. I honor said troll by keeping his creative typing in my name.

Take a look around, jump into any discussions you find interesting, and know we are here if you get "lost".

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hello! Welcome to the boards. :)

Hope you enjoy being here, and may the Force be with you as well.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome jedimikey! What part of Star Wars do you like the best? Force is with us....always ;)

5. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    What part do I like the best...? Hmm, that's a hard question to answer.

When I was a kid I would have said, "easy! Lightsabers!" But now, my passion for SW is much more complex than that. Lucas changed the way movies were made and how they were presented, how the story was told. Before star wars, movies mostly followed a simple plot/story formula that was always the same. Lucas rearranged that formula, and ever since then nothing's been the same. The so-called "movie franchise" didn't exist before SW, either.

What I like best now, I think, is the characters, seeing the growth of the main characters, their banter, their loyalty for each other, etc.

Of course, I still think lightsabers are cool! ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    welcome!

MyKe1138 likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    BDOT, you are certainly a fine addition. You signed up Sunday and are already in here getting our newbies inducted. Good job. We'll be sure to add an extra 0 to your paycheck.

BDOT likes this.
  8. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    YES! thats 0 more than I had before!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  10. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Hello. :)

I forgot to mention something in my response to Adalia's post, above.

R2 D2 :) If someone asked me "if you could have anything from the SW universe, what would it be?"

My response would be "a quirky, utterly loyal, super-brave astromech droid" It can fix my car, listen attentively, be a good companion, and even serve drinks!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! Given your interests, I'd highly recommend checking out the Movies forums :) Please let us know if you have any questions!