main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members, Dudes and Dudettes - Catch A Wave And Join Us

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Welcome to our part of the Universe, known as Santa Cruz FF. Here you will find the most laid-back FF around. Our goal is to have as much fun as possible and to take as many people as we can with us. [face_dancing]

While the majority of our members are costumers, our interests range from SW Films, Gaming, Books, Conventions, Charity Work, RL, 501st, Disneyland and Churros (only Disneyland Churros though!) ;)

We get together for not only SW related events, but sneak in PotC events as well. We have also been known to sneak away and have a night at the movies, dinner at the Taj, or just an excuse to ride the Giant Dipper till we hurl! [face_sick] :D. Be aware that we will take any and every excuse to hit Santa Cruz Fan Force's Official Second Home... DISNEYLAND!!!

We range from "Old-Tymer's" that were there for that very first showing of Star Wars (Not ANH or whatever..it was called STAR WARS, by gum!)..;) to new kids on the block that just came into the world of SW fandom in the last year or so. Something for everyone. We have members from not only the Santa Cruz area, but all over California, the United States and from around the World as well. We are the ones behind the YODA WORLD TOUR, and because of our little green ambassador of good will, we are still growing and making new friends constantly.

So, if irreverence and a zest for fun and Monty Python style silliness is your thing... then Grab A Wave and Welcome to Santa Cruz FF, the Irreverent Side of the Force! :D

2. Kylie_Jinn

Kylie_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    *pokes around cautiously* You've got to be kidding: there's an SW club down in Santa Cruz! That place just got even better. I'm desperately hoping that this is the tread where you can introduce yourself, so here it goes.

I'm Kelly. I live up in NorCal, but I'm planning to go to UCSC as a freshman in September. And I positively love the Jedi Slug mascot.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Welcome aboard, Kelly. Yup, Santa Cruz has it's own little FF...even though we are spread across the universe..we are definitely in a Santa Cruz "State of Mind."

Check out the member requirements and jump into the ocean with us. Right now, our next big event is CIV. So let us know if you are coming down to that and we can hook up.

You can catch up with the latest info on our Trolling for Information Thread Our next meeting at SC is tentatively scheduled for June 9th.

Glad you like our slugs (Banana slugs..sooo rock!) and we will be getting an order together for T-shirts soon.

You'll also find a lot of UCSC Alumni here, so your not alone. :D

Again, pull up a board, and hit the waves with us. Welcome.

4. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Welcome Kelly! Nice of you to join us!

Look forward to seeing more of you.

Siri

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hello, Kelly! Welcome aboard!!! I hope you can come down to CIV, but if not, we'll be having a meeting in June as well!

:)

- Kai

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Howdy Ho, Kelly! Glad you could join us!

I go to UCSD rather than UCSC, but close enough, we're all in the same UC system. What are you planning to study so far?

7. Kylie_Jinn

Kylie_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey everybody! You all give a nice welcome. I might be going to CIV, not sure yet, though. And at UCSC, I'm thinking of studying bio. How bout you, Miana? UCSD treating you well??

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ah, biology...

Well, I've bounced around in majors. Started as Bio, then did Psychology, and now I'm sitting happily at Visual Arts: Media and Film Production. :D

9. SameerUCLA

SameerUCLA Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Hi there! I'm Sameer - recently back in California (originally from L.A., part of LiningUp.net - Grauman's Chinese Theatre line for Ep I/II/III), and just moved to Monterey. I'm a little south of Santa Cruz, but I was wondering if folks from the peninsula came up that way, or if you guys knew of a FanForce down in Monterey. Thanks!!

10. Chi11Buddy

Chi11Buddy Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.