main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I didn't grow up with Tintin so I can't say I'm too excited to see that movie, but I am very keen to see the Hobbit trailer!

Went and saw The Inbetweeners Movie. It was a decent extension of the TV series.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved the Disney Muskateers, the characters were rocking!!! So much so that when my son wanted a costume for Halloween, thats what he chose! Said it was a bit sexy! LOL!

[image=http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/Adalia-Amber-Durron/P1060225.jpg]

What a 12 year old needs with Sexy I will never know! LOL!! But he looked great!!

Not into Tin Tin, never was. Had a friend as school who was but that was like 30 years ago!!!

Muppets, always brilliant, although having grown up with Jim Henson, you can pick its not him as Kermit anymore (and yes I know he's dead :( )

The War Horse looks good, but I don;t think I'd pay to see it, I would wait for the DVD.

3. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Pumped for my Spielberg "double header" on boxing day. Muppets and Hugo I'm also excited for!

4. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    What's the attraction of War Horse?

5. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I believe in the beard! Im a massive Spielberg fan, and excited he's hitting a WW1 story.

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    And also the writer also wrote BlackAdder Goes Forth so he knows WWI well.

We should pick a upcoming new film that we all want to see and go see it, get the band back together.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree and especially now that the intense season has drawn to a close. December was very intense regarding work and DRL.

I know that Tintin is outstanding, I am not that familiar with Warhorse but it should be good from what I've heard of it.

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I saw TPM Trailer infront of Tintin in 3D. Looked incredibly 2D. Eeep.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not good? I've heard that the transformation aren't that great. :(

I want to see the Muppets!! Loved them in my childhood! Was it any good?

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't seen TPM trailer in 3D yet. From what I heard, fast cuts in general doesn't work well in 3D, so maybe they had to tone it down for the trailer. The final results should be better than the promo trailer. They have John Knoll in charge of the conversion process and they have been working on it for what feels like 5 years... there were rumours it was suppose to be released around 2009 and it is 2012 now.

James Cameron is also converting his Titanic in 3D for the 100th anniversary of the incident. It is amusing as he has spoke out against converting old films in 3D and... here he is.

I hope the Muppets is good. I've heard that it isn't too bad, that it could have been great but fell short in several places.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think its hard in this day and age of computer graphics and special effects to bring puppets (and yes I know they are muppets) into kids worlds. They are so sophisticated compared to what we were as kids.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think it is great that they kept to they style of the other Muppet films rather than go the CGI route.

I feel that lot of children's shows that have been 'reinvented' nowadays have lost their charm because of going CGI and with different people involved: Take Babar and Thomas the Tank Engine... you can't beat the original with Ringo Starr and the model sets/engines or the hand drawn animation for Babar. On a positive note, The Lion King is still the highest grossing hand drawn animated film of all time. I am not saying that all CGI is bad, it is the exection of it by some productions that doesn't work as how it should do. Examples of brilliant CGI shows are Jane and the Dragon by WETA and The Clone Wars by LucasFilm Animation... though The Clone Wars is a whole different field and is definitely not a "kiddies" show as some people mislabel it as.

Sorry... I kinda ranted a bit there. [face_blush]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Rant away! Clone Wars if for around 11 or 12 year olds and up IMHO, my son is 12 and LOVES them! I often watch them with him, and yeah, not for the little ones.

We watched the Lion King only about 10 days ago, my son cried!! He's not seen it in years and he cried when Mufasa died as he said he doesn't know what he'd do if his dad died. So sweet! Still a damn good movie and story, and one liners! Brilliant! I agree that CGI has taken the charm and character out of alot of things. It takes away the 'humanity' we associate with these characters.

Would you believe, my son and I watched....wait for it......Star Wars - ANH yesterday! Ok, seems we've both seen it enough times to pre empt the lines, but we enjoyed it none the less. Blu Ray so there were little bits that sounded better, and looked better. Still holds the interest of a 12 year old boy all these years later!

14. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I really liked War Horse - especially the score, but I though the Muppets was near perfect. Such a great time!

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Near Perfect!! Excellent to hear!!!

16. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    A friend of mine went and saw The Batman Trilogy at Sydney Imax on Saturday and I joined him for the 'Rises' session. It was amazing!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I loved The Dark Knight Rises! I ended up seeing the Trilogy screening on opening night with a friend at the local cinema, from 6:30pm - 3:10 am. That was quite an experience.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I thought that I'll post this here incase the announcement was missed but it was made official at the closing ceremony to Celebration VI that the 3D releases for AotC and RotS will be coming to cinemas almost back to back next year during September/October 2013.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Watched The Avengers, Battleship and John Carter this week! Avengers was great, love Tony Stark! Battleship has good effects but lousy story, and loved John Carter.....then again, Taylor Kitsch in the last two didn't hurt my eyes none!!

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've been wanting to watch The Avengers again.

With John Carter, I enjoyed it though thought that it could have had more potential. I was fortunate enough to attend a talk with concept artist, Ian McCaig last year. He talked about John Carter and the history behind the story and how the film had been a hundred years in the making. That was fantastic to see his concept artworks and hearing his stories about his previous projects, such as Star Wars. John Carter was meant to be a trilogy though... but it sounds like Disney might not go ahead with them.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I want to see more of John Carter! I loved the images and the colours and creatures! My favorite character (aside from John) was Sola, she was brilliant!

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's based on the story called The Princess of Mars, by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
    Sola was great, I wonder if they will eventually do the other films and I really want them to do another Prince of Persia film.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I liked the Prince of Persia, had bad reviews etc, but I really enjoyed it!

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I loved it and thought it stands on its own feet while remaining true to the essence and themes of the Sands of Time game. I don't listen to reviews as they tend to be hypocritical and the critic's job is to criticise. It is a fun adventure for the family to enjoy.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats exactly it, I hate reviews that say 'Not realistic', I'm not looking for that, I'm looking for a bit of fun escapism.....and that was exactly what it was.