main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW Stormtrooper Picture.

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Jackie_Chan_Fan, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie_Chan_Fan

Jackie_Chan_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Howdy.

I havent worked much on the trooper lately but i did whip up a couple of nice new HDRI renders and did a nice still picture.

Here it is

2. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    you're the best!

3. Kstar__2

Kstar__2 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    awesome!

but, where did the light the stormtroopers reflect come from? :p

4. Jackie_Chan_Fan

Sep 7, 2002
    you win 2nd place :) Someone already mentioned it and he gets first place :)

I was wondering who would notice the highlights hehe

Just pretend its sunlight reflecting off the other troopers armor :)

5. lolleader

lolleader Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2000
    This is really top notch work, show us more in the future!

6. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    Looks really good, I like it. And like mentioned, where do the reflected highlights come from? ;) It does seem like if they were filmed in front of a bluescreen and then composited into the live action. Now, I know it's all CG, I'm just saying maybe that's an excuse you can also give out. :)
    I really like the grunge/dirt texture around the waist area and how it looks really worn out.

EDIT: LOL, looking at it again and reading the title. When I saw it, I imagined them saying, "You killed him, you medieval bastard!" (wonder if anyone else saw something similar like that)

7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    So are you any closer to figuring out what you wanna do with it till you release it someday? Is this image part of any of those ideas?

8. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, the textures are amazing!

9. TwilightMaster

TwilightMaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Yes.....your ARE the daddy!

10. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Now that rocks!..great work dude, hope to be able to use it one day (prays)

11. CRIMSON-JACK

CRIMSON-JACK Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    What's nice attention to detail is the black band above the eyes,it's not even on all of them,just like some of the troops in the movie's,like it's a piece of black plastic/rubber or something that can get knocked out of place !!! Great work !!!!

12. comicartist

comicartist Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2003
    ive never seen them with out them.....maybe i just pay too much attention to the wats 3d and wats real.

13. MiSTRFiNGA

MiSTRFiNGA Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2000
    Let me at him. I'll do some damage like I did to JJ palamo's ;) The dirty textures are geting DIRTIER everytime. LAst time I saw him on RPF he was a wee bit cleaner. I can't wait for you to release your battledroid either, I wanna do an animation with those bad boys too! ^_^

-=(V)=-

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jackie_Chan_Fan, don't suppose you'd want to throw together a texture tutorial, would ya? ;)

15. TwilightMaster

TwilightMaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    "Hey Jackie_Chan_Fan, don't suppose you'd want to throw together a texture tutorial, would ya?"

I'll second that :)

16. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    Wait, so that's 100% computer imaging? That's disgustingly awesome! I couldn't make it looks as good it I made the costumes myself. iRtehn00b!

17. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Every time I see your Stormy images, I think to myself, "he's making fun of me self! He wants to let me know he's got better texturing skills that my own...kill him...kil...I mean...send him cookies, send him cokies!!!"...sorry Chan, no cookies....

-Matt

18. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    I've been working a summer job at a major uni the last few weeks and when people ask me what I am going to school for... I tell them the whole "digital sculpting" spiel. Usually they wonder how good those silly 3d images can look... I respond by opening this image and watch their jaw hit the floor.

This is truly a great model (not to mention the textures). I am not trying to be Mr. Fanboy here, but I just can't look at this image enough. Truly some of the finest stuff I've seen.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yes, really nice textures! ;)

20. bobabert

bobabert Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2002
    wwwwooooooowwwww the texture!!!!!!!!!!!
    very very good job man...

21. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    You sure thats not just you and a friend in front of a bluescreen? :D

Freaking Awsome dude. IMHO better then the Clonetroopers in AOTC

22. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    IMHO better then the Clonetroopers in AOTC

[face_laugh] It's good, but not THAT good.

23. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Just wanna clarify that it looks absolutely awesome and is far beyond my capacity, but the undersuit needs a LOT of work and the lighting is off.

24. Jackie_Chan_Fan

Sep 7, 2002
    yeah the undersuit needs work but its passable.

As for the lighting, the lighting is dead on... for an indoor scene :) I did not intend to create a composition from those renders. In an after thought, i just composited them into an outdoor scene (simply because i had pictures of outdoor stuff on my hd, and had no indoor starwars photos)

So the picture isnt an intended composition, it kind of evolved out of me playing around after doing two test renders.

25. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yeah I understand the lighting is for an indoor scene...one thing you may want to keep in mind though is that stormtroopers that dirty probably would not be indoors a whole lot. I think if you got the undersuit fixed, it will be on par with the clonetroopers in AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.